Richard Madeley really is Alan Partridge

Comments

• SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would pay good money to see Richard on Strictly Come Danicng! :D

It would be priceless!! Go on BBC, get him on it!
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder who they would pair him with??! :D
  • mr. mustardmr. mustard Posts: 48,888
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote:
    Richard Madeley on Strictly Come Dancing - I might watch that, actually! :eek: :D
    I would prefer Dancing On Ice :D
  • MariaellaMariaella Posts: 1,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote:
    I wonder who they would pair him with??! :D

I was wondering the same thing. First person I thought of was Camilla.........or how about Ola? Image Judy's reaction, especially in light of his embarassing question to Emma Bunton!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would prefer Dancing On Ice :D

Oh yes, I would take great delight on seeing him slip head over arse :D

If he went on SCD he'd have to go with Ola - I'd love to see Judy's reaction to seeing her gyrating around Richard :eek: :D
  • WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    I would pay good money to see Richard on Strictly Come Danicng! :D

It would be priceless!! Go on BBC, get him on it!

He'd never manage it because he'd have to keep his rather large gob shut. ;):D
  • SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this thread. :D Me and my mom are always watching R&J just waiting for another gaff by Madeley.

Today's show was dreadful. Not really Richard but when they had that really brainy kid on and he couldn't do the sums they challenged him with, I wanted to hide behind the sofa. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    Sprogg wrote:
    I love this thread. :D Me and my mom are always watching R&J just waiting for another gaff by Madeley.

Today's show was dreadful. Not really Richard but when they had that really brainy kid on and he couldn't do the sums they challenged him with, I wanted to hide behind the sofa. :eek:

I had to change the channel. Especially as they left, like, five minutes of silence waiting for the poor mite to answer - then his dad starting saying "but he has a pen and paper at home". I was blushing for him! :o
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    The poor wee mite was obviously fazed by being on television, but that didn't seem to occur to R & J.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,259
    Forum Member
    LoL!

I really wanted to watch it yesterday so I could talk about all these ludicrous things with you but I just couldn't bear to!

I honestly found myself cringing just thinking about watching it! Not a word of a lie!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Sprogg wrote:

Btw it's "me and my Mum" - not Mom (US spelling). Unless you are of course a US person living here in which case you're allowed ;)

On topic. Madeley seems to do embarassing like it's mother's milk to him. I recall watching that Extras episode with R&J in, and that after the credits bit at the end, when he was trying to see if he could pick a down's syndrome (IIRC) child from behind. This was clearly meant to be a joke - but it seemed way too like the sort of thing the real Madeley would do for my liking :)
    Forum Member
    SalBags wrote:
    Btw it's "me and my Mum" - not Mom (US spelling).
    Actually, it's my mum and me.

Or, as Richard would say:

"God, imagine if your mother was your sister? I guess it would be kind of like she gave birth to herself, like one of those snails or something"
    *leans back casually into sofa with arm resting on the back and leg stretched behind Judy's head*

"Ahaa!"
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SalBags wrote:
    when he was trying to see if he could pick a down's syndrome (IIRC) child from behind. This was clearly meant to be a joke - but it seemed way too like the sort of thing the real Madeley would do for my liking :)

Hence the reason Gervais/Merchant put it in the episode in the first place. They know how crazed Richard is.
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I beleiev in the midlands Mom is a perfectly acceptable spelling of the word Mom, you see it all the time in the express and Star personal messages ;) and anyway it's my mother and I
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With the child genius. classic partridge moment, sees the child struggling to do the sum and just keeps firing more questions at him, lol please someone youtube it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suzie80's wrote:
    Today there was some little girl who was a ballroom dancer, and the boy she had always danced with apparently had 'ditched' her to go and dance with someone else. Richard was like "what a RAT!"

...Half an hour later, a sheepish looking Richard announces that the boy's mother had rung up to complain about her son being called a rat on national TV.

This was brilliant!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote:
    Oh yes, I would take great delight on seeing him slip head over arse :D

If he went on SCD he'd have to go with Ola - I'd love to see Judy's reaction to seeing her gyrating around Richard :eek: :D

I'm having real trouble visualising Richard in a black, sheer sequined top! :eek: :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay let's have a whipround on this forum and see if we can book him for an hour or so's Partridge esque anecdotes. I can chip in 50p, but maybe someone else runs a fireplace company and is looking for a speaker anyway ? Can I sharpen the spikes on the fence outside. :D

"Judy! I've pierced me foot on a spike!!"

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    "Judy! I've pierced me foot on a spike!!"

:D

Richard: "you pull yours off first"
    Judy: "but my foot's not on a spike"

Lovely Stuff ! :D:D If they ever get over their Little Britain love-in they should take up some Partridge sketches :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cc4tom wrote:

Brilliant - back of the net! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    The Chief wrote:
    Actually, it's my mum and me.

Actually actually, it is: My mother/mum/mom/mummy and I.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol - this thread has been taken over by the grammar mafia.

:D;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote:
    lol - this thread has been taken over by the grammar mafia.

:D;)

Maybe it's Madeley come to correct us - you can take the p*** out of me, but you must get it grammatically correct ;):D:D
    Forum Member
    katinka wrote:
    Actually actually, it is: My mother/mum/mom/mummy and I.
    I know that... and I don't care! ;)