#10 for the Wanted

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm pretty surprised. I think We Own the Night is miles better than that awful Rihanna track. If this was released first I think it would have done a lot better!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Wow! I can't wait to see how their album does here, let alone in the US.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    dory353 wrote: »
    I'm pretty surprised. I think We Own the Night is miles better than that awful Rihanna track. If this was released first I think it would have done a lot better!

A massive lack of promotion, only performed it once in the US, video came out the day after release and went to radio the Monday (I think) before release.. It is much better than Rihanna track
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it rather pedestrian compared to some of their recent tracks. Releasing it straight away wasn't a good idea either.
  • Neil_NortonNeil_Norton Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Heard this a few days ago, have to say I was far from impressed. Sounded like a rip off of "Payphone" by Maroon 5.

Me thinks their fame is dwindling and will be gone in six months. This Americanised sound is loosing them fans.
    Forum Member
    Debuted at #40 in Australia too, highest debut of their tracks there
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Debuted at #40 in Australia too, highest debut of their tracks there

Wow their highest debut yet? :eek: Good for them I guess.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoa, where's this come from? :confused: Hadn't heard of it till I saw this thread then I heard it on the radio earlier today, I don't like it but it seemed to have come from nowhere! Wasn't Walks Like Rihanna only released in June or July? Why are they churning this out so soon?
  • Neil_NortonNeil_Norton Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Whoa, where's this come from? :confused: Hadn't heard of it till I saw this thread then I heard it on the radio earlier today, I don't like it but it seemed to have come from nowhere! Wasn't Walks Like Rihanna only released in June or July? Why are they churning this out so soon?

Boosting a flagging profile?
  • xAliciaJayde1DxxAliciaJayde1Dx Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    I hate The Wanted. They say bad stuff about 1D so I hope they fail
    loool
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Well fans always complain about one country getting the release for them so it was cool they released it all at once for everyone. Obviously the down side to that is not being able to promote it every where. Anyways I love the song, so good!!
  • Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loool

Oh because 1D never say bad stuff about The Wanted :rolleyes:. I'm not a fan of either before you dare accuse me of liking any of them :D. I hate 1D fans more though because of how disgustingly rude and obnoxious some of them are.
  • xAliciaJayde1DxxAliciaJayde1Dx Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Oh because 1D never say bad stuff about The Wanted :rolleyes:. I'm not a fan of either before you dare accuse me of liking any of them :D. I hate 1D fans more though because of how disgustingly rude and obnoxious some of them are.

I'm a 1D and I'm nice. We're not all like the ones on the Channel 4 documentary.

It's the Wanted fans who create fake accounts and pretend to 1D fans and abuse people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they're on a decline. No 10 for a single that's not even on an album yet is worrying, even though it was on air-on sale release.

I doubt the album's going to do anything for them. Their US career is pretty much over aside from the fact they keep milking Glad You Came their only US hit.

What goes around comes around I guess. They've pretty much slagged off everybody over the last 3 years and have basically come across as rude arrogant and cocky.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of lads.
  • Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a 1D and I'm nice. We're not all like the ones on the Channel 4 documentary.

It's the Wanted fans who create fake accounts and pretend to 1D fans and abuse people.

Sorry but I've heard of far more cases of obnoxious 1D fans than I have about The Wanted fans. Bieber's fans are bad too.

With regards to you 'being nice' good for you but that could be all lies for all I know ;).

I will say though that TW are very cocky for a group without the sales to back it up :p.
    Forum Member

Released in early May, so they are just following the typical boyband/girl group release schedule of a single every three months
    loool

And One Direction have never slated The Wanted?! Louis just this week said there was no chance of them sorting it out despite The Wanted saying more than once that they have tried to sort it out and every time 1D have said no

No they dont.. And if they do, the majority of those hate/abuse accounts are One Direction fans, same as when Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga fans do it, what amazes me is that they have actually started turning on 1 Direction and having hate accounts actually dedicated to One Direction members and their families whilst calling themselves 'directioners'
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heard this a few days ago, have to say I was far from impressed. Sounded like a rip off of "Payphone" by Maroon 5.

Me thinks their fame is dwindling and will be gone in six months. This Americanised sound is loosing them fans.

I think its more of a rip off of Lighthouse by Lucy Spraggan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    I doubt the album's going to do anything for them. Their US career is pretty much over aside from the fact they keep milking Glad You Came their only US hit.

I think their E! show was like their lifeline in the US and that didn't do well in the ratings, considering their lead-in was Keeping Up With The Kardashians (ie. the only "reality" show that makes money for E!) The Wanted show is pretty much cancelled, even if it is Ryan Seacrest produced.

They are pretty much done if the album has a bad opening week and fail to get a gold certification (500k).
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And One Direction have never slated The Wanted?! Louis just this week said there was no chance of them sorting it out despite The Wanted saying more than once that they have tried to sort it out and every time 1D have said no

No they dont.. And if they do, the majority of those hate/abuse accounts are One Direction fans, same as when Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga fans do it, what amazes me is that they have actually started turning on 1 Direction and having hate accounts actually dedicated to One Direction members and their families whilst calling themselves 'directioners'

There are bad apples in each fandoms, even TW I am sure. 1D fans are more numerous, so you will probably find more "bad/extreme" fans, like the Justin Bieber fandom...

And the Wanted suddenly wanting to patch things up after some of them having been quite unpleasent untill very recently (during the Walk like Rihanna promo, when they were sadly asked TOO often about the feud...) seems suspicious.
    I wonder if they have realised/have been told that the behaviour of a couple of them (1 of them?) was rubbing a lot of people the wrong way.

Louis saying they won't be friends because too much bas stuff has been said between them: that is in no way dissing TW... It's stating a fact. He doesn't feel like they will be friends in the future.
    The problem is people (& fans) misunderstanding his statement for a diss (or even an encouragement to go bully TW some more) to some people... Which it was not.
    So maybe it would have been better if Louis had said something else (not gonna lie!), but there was no slagging off or pointing fingers in his sentence.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    I think its more of a rip off of Lighthouse by Lucy Spraggan.

This is so true!! The video as well!
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    I think they're on a decline. No 10 for a single that's not even on an album yet is worrying, even though it was on air-on sale release.

What goes around comes around I guess. They've pretty much slagged off everybody over the last 3 years and have basically come across as rude arrogant and cocky.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of lads.

I just think that they don't have a big enough fanbase to have this on air-on sale release pattern working well. They sold OK with Walk like Rihanna (I think?), so if they have time to promote, it seems that they can do decently.

However I agree that they are not on the rise anymore (like 1 year ago) & that their Glad you Came hit doesn't seem to mean that they are really that big in the US.
    I suppose that they are trying to turn things around, we'll see... The album release will be the next test to see how things are going for them.