Is overtime affected by CSA psyments in Scotland

iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi does anyone know if pay made from overtime affects the basic CSA rate that is already paid? Thank you

Comments

• iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody know? :(
  • phepiaphepia Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know that in England the CSA takes a % of wages off before the earner even gets it paid to them.
    My friend never does OT purely on that basis. He claims he loses most of it so why should he.

Presume the rules are different in Scotland?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My boyfriend has the same. Hes managed to talk to his employers. Overtime is his to keep!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rules for the CSA are the same throughout the UK!

Overtime can affect your CSA payments depending on how much you do.
  • Saskia44Saskia44 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iiHEARTy0u wrote: »
    My boyfriend has the same. Hes managed to talk to his employers. Overtime is his to keep!

Seems rather sad that he would begrudge his children extra money and rather have it for himself.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saskia44 wrote: »
    Seems rather sad that he would begrudge his children extra money and rather have it for himself.

maybe he would like to spend his money on his children as opposed to giving it to an ex who could blow it on takeaways

or his exs new bf..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saskia44 wrote: »

How do you get that from my simple question about overtime laws? He had an unexplained deduction which had been happening for a few weeks.

He was making so little that his csa wasnt getting fully taken from him because it would have left him with nothing. Thats how much he pays! making 720 and taking home 250. In his words 'busting his ass for nothing' for the basic pay.

Bitter woman are you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The rules for the CSA are the same throughout the UK!

Overtime can affect your CSA payments depending on how much you do.

Oh right, i have tried googling. Its really hard to get info. How do i read more about this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iiHEARTy0u wrote: »
    Oh right, i have tried googling. Its really hard to get info. How do i read more about this?

Think the best thing to do is contact the CSA and see what they say.

I too have had a look on the gov.uk site at it and all I can find is if their is a change in your weekly income it could effect your payments so I would take it overtime would effect this.

I know what the CSA is like as my partner has to use it to get money from the father of my step-son. He is paying the basic minimum as he isn't working but from what we understand he is doing work cash in hand. Also we just found out he has somehow found enough money to go and buy a new car for himself, currently we are looking at this as this money has come from a previous employer who the CSA knew about so not sure if my step-son will see any of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well as far as we can see the overtime was his but all of it was used to pay off arrears from previous weeks because his employers knew he was making a pittance because of csa.

He pays a basic rate based on his hours.

I think your partner will struggle to get anything if hes not employed by anyone officially. The CSA took a few months to sort out my mans case so it does take time. Good luck!