Z list brat pack and Dubai

somerset foxsomerset fox Posts: 728
Forum Member
✭✭
Seriously, what is it with these child 'stars' (insert irony emoticon here) and Dubai? I can't open the news sites without seeing some reality tv no-mark or failing actress parading around on a Dubai beach. Firstly is it that easy to holiday there and I'm guessing it's not cheap either? Surely the appeal can't be cultural, or the nightlife. It's an Arab country! Is it that easy to jump on a plane for a break over there?

Comments

• lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the most soulless and culture-free places on earth. That it only attracts the freebie-dependant plate-scapings of zelebrity tells you everything you need to know about it.

As an example, it's a favourite with CAN clients Peter Andre and Amy Childs. Nuff said.
  • Souffle GirlSouffle Girl Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't go to Dubai if you paid me. It's totally devoid of any kind of appeal to me.

I can see why the zlister types swarm to it though. They would all go to some backwater hole in Africa for a holiday if they were told it was trendy. Dubai is THE place for people with no imagination.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awful place. Completely, utterly fake, and so much human abuse hidden under the surface. I stopped there for a couple of days about ten years ago on the way back from somewhere and that was enough for life. It USED to be the place to go for shopping, but these days somewhere like Hong Kong is far far better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    It's the Trafford Centre with sand dunes.

Z-listers love the Trafford Centre as well.
  • ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mallaha wrote: »
    It's the Trafford Centre with sand dunes.

Z-listers love the Trafford Centre as well.

:D:D:D Great description, I would prefer the Trafford
    Centre.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously, what is it with these child 'stars' (insert irony emoticon here) and Dubai? I can't open the news sites without seeing some reality tv no-mark or failing actress parading around on a Dubai beach. Firstly is it that easy to holiday there and I'm guessing it's not cheap either? Surely the appeal can't be cultural, or the nightlife. It's an Arab country! Is it that easy to jump on a plane for a break over there?

The nightlife in Dubai is said to be very good unless you happen to visit during Ramadan! The whole place is built on tourism and they have all kinds of bylaws that allow the tourists to come in and have a good time. And remember, the tourists are partying with other tourists, not local Arabs.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    The nightlife in Dubai is said to be very good unless you happen to visit during Ramadan! The whole place is built on tourism and they have all kinds of bylaws that allow the tourists to come in and have a good time. And remember, the tourists are partying with other tourists, not local Arabs.

Not so. They are no bylaws whatsoever and moreover the whole place is built on the misery of migrant workers from the subcontinent.
  • YULSTARYULSTAR Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

News?
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    YULSTAR wrote: »
    News?

Yes. My 1st thought too.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cheek, I go to Dubai on my hols every year:mad:
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dubai uses slaves, the place and its people need a nuke badly. Odd how people will happily go on holiday there, thus helping slavery.
  • somerset foxsomerset fox Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YULSTAR wrote: »
    News?

Ie, daily fail and Scum.co.uk newspaper pages
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not so. They are no bylaws whatsoever and moreover the whole place is built on the misery of migrant workers from the subcontinent.

However they do it they have ways of allowing people to drink and party in hotels, bars and clubs - just so long as they don't flaunt it on the streets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    However they do it they have ways of allowing people to drink and party in hotels, bars and clubs - just so long as they don't flaunt it on the streets.

True but they also have some of the dirtiest hotels that I have ever set foot in. Truly disgusting but very cheap.

It's not so nice having breakfast served by the waitress who was on Callgirl duty the night before who was "entertaining" 2 locals for the night.

It will always be a sandy building site that never ends.

Fun and most bizarre place though.
  • Space CadetSpace Cadet Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    I'm sure you'd all jump at the chance if it was paid for by CAN so that it get's press coverage and 'candid' shots?
  • nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was flying to Jakarta with Emirates a few years back and all the flights change in Dubai. I hated it. In fact the flight from Manchester to Dubai was full of chavs with screaming children (all during school term) and they were all holidaying in Dubai. I was glad when the second part of my journey began. I don't think I'd fly with Emirates again. It was like a Ryan air flight to Magaluf!
    Forum Member
    nw0307 wrote: »
    I was flying to Jakarta with Emirates a few years back and all the flights change in Dubai. I hated it. In fact the flight from Manchester to Dubai was full of chavs with screaming children (all during school term) and they were all holidaying in Dubai. I was glad when the second part of my journey began. I don't think I'd fly with Emirates again. It was like a Ryan air flight to Magaluf!

Talk about generalising, it depends when you fly there, how long did you stay in Dubai?

I prefer Abu Dhabi to be honest, each to their own, Dubai is no less tackier than some med resorts and the yank ridden Caribbean.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    It's the vulgarity and the worker exploitation I don't like. And the fact that everyone I know/have met who lives there is really racist and obsessed with money.
  • potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Dubai has nothing special about it whatsoever, it may have the tallest building in the world and all that but it is lacking completely in any charm or character.
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dubai is somewhere I would never be seen dead.. I can't see the attraction..
    Forum Member
    potatolegs wrote: »
    Dubai has nothing special about it whatsoever, it may have the tallest building in the world and all that but it is lacking completely in any charm or character.

Much like the z listers nobodies that visit there.
  • potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Much like the z listers nobodies that visit there.

:p

Don't know why Natalie Cassidy is popping in my head. Just the word beach makes me think of her parading in a bikini now