So whats your Broadband speed at the moment?

Comments

• simpsod2simpsod2 Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    14.2Mbps Down 1.2 up on sky unlimited
  • WendoleneWendolene Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    60M download, 3M upload. Virgin Media cable.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wendolene wrote: »
    60M download, 3M upload. Virgin Media cable.

You make me sick :mad:
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    download speed 2.52mb ISP BT Broadband
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    As of right now - 30.23 download 8,11 upload. (speedtest.net)
  • Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just done the test now I am with O2
    download 4.3mb
    upload 0.3mb

for £21 a month its not good enough
  • IntrakotaIntrakota Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Your Home Broadband I take it, your right, you're been done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Intrakota wrote: »
    Your Home Broadband I take it, your right, you're been done.

My Location is supposed to be 14mb download speeds but I have been with 02 for 2 years now and was with sky before that and it is usually around 7mb download

but my contract is up in January so it will be bye bye O2

just not sure of who to go with... amazing that I live in a Town of 60.000 peope in the center of England and these are the best I can hope for no infinity no nothing here
    just crap speeds all the time and no cable either
    Forum Member
    You need to do some serious research on your area to see exactly who is providing what. You might also invest in some pay as you go mobile sim cards from the 5 main operators to see if anyone is providing the same or better for less before jumping into a contract, then all you need is a 3 or 4G wireless router.

One additional thought, my neighbour had a problem with crap speeds on his Sly ADSL, a quick investigation revealed that the previous tenants had to have a Choke fitted to the line because my transmitters were playing havoc with there analogue cordless phones - shame, anyway removed the choke and things improved instantly to a reasonably acceptable 12Mb/s not that Sly would actually want to give anyone the full 20Mb they blab on about.

Hard to believe that connectivity is still so crap these days, where does all the money go, obviously not where it should that's for sure, for the "feel good factor" think back to the days of 28Kb/s Download, I think upload was by post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to do some serious research on your area to see exactly who is providing what. You might also invest in some pay as you go mobile sim cards from the 5 main operators to see if anyone is providing the same or better for less before jumping into a contract, then all you need is a 3 or 4G wireless router.
    Intrakota... I appreciate all the help I can get here as I really dont want to go with more 'duffers'
    and I am pretty green with all this techie stuff regarding Broadband

my area looks pretty garbage with all the providers - and have no idea what you mean about buying mobile sim cards

I have a samsung galaxy note with Vodaphone and the signal is rubbish my daughter has mobile with O2 again its rubbish and my wife is with Orange which is also rubbish
    all 3 phones sat waiting for pages top load for upto 20 seconds plus which is damned annoying

there is no Infinity on offer and no 4g so I guess I am stuck with the garbage until 4G roll out more around the country

any suggestions gratefully accepted
    Forum Member
    PM sent.
  • eyponeypon Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    AAISP is probably the best isp but...very pricey (you get what you pay for).
  • LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2351787036.png

Not bad for non fibre, what I like is that it is the same all the time.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    11 meg down. 1 meg up.
  • Cougar GirlCougar Girl Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    75 meg Down - 15 meg Up.

Plusnet Fiber Optic.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    75 meg Down - 15 meg Up.

Plusnet Fiber Optic.

Show off. :p
  • Wbc-WorkerWbc-Worker Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Virgin Media - 20 mbps down 1 mbps up { should end up at 2 mbps up } http://www.speedtest.net/result/2352107964.png

I would rather see Virgin improve their dependability rather than their speed

when its on it stays around the same speed but every so often there is periods where there is no broadband for six to eight hours then it will be fine for a month or so and then its back down.
  • fatsifatsi Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2358006281.png

Virgin Media XL60 :rolleyes::mad:
    Forum Member
    That's pretty crap, cant see how Virmin can be as bad as that.
    Did anyone lay down any ground rules ie. a particular Speed test application to use, server, Cat5e or higher wired connections only, without some consistency the results are worthless.
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2358199886.png

BE Unlimited ('up to 16mbps)
    3km from exchange
  • fatsifatsi Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's pretty crap, cant see how Virmin can be as bad as that.
    Did anyone lay down any ground rules ie. a particular Speed test application to use, server, Cat5e or higher wired connections only, without some consistency the results are worthless.

It is crap. Up until last Saturday I was on 20mb from Virgin and I got consistent speeds of 19-20 no matter what time of the day.
    Then they tripled me to 60mb and gave me the so called Super Hub and there is nowt Super about it :mad:

My test ^^ was done on a wireless connection. Just did a wired test.....18.30 up and 2.93 down :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Time to pick up that phone me thinks, they will run some tests for you to see if all is well or as with some customers, you too have a faulty Hub.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing how people take these fast speeds for granted moaning about 20mb downloads when lots of towns we pay the same price and have to live with total garbage uploads of 4mb and next to nothing can be done about it

give me 20mb downloads and I would snap your hand off in a heartbeat