The Voice UK - Ratings Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the DS Forums. It was the same last year with Strictly and X Factor.

Why can't people be a fan of both shows.

Oh i dont know I guess some people are just so single minded that they cant think outside their own little world, After all both shows are nothing a like and bring enjoyment to people for totally different reasons.

Anyway back to the Voice as said before its not just the UK where the rating have gone down its happened in many other countries, So it shows us there is a flaw in the format of the live shows as it cant keep people intrested in the shows, So the company need to take a hard look at it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not surprised. It was dire for the third week in a row.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,502
    Forum Member
    Anyway back to the Voice as said before its not just the UK where the rating have gone down its happened in many other countries, So it shows us there is a flaw in the format of the live shows as it cant keep people intrested in the shows, So the company need to take a hard look at it.

The ratings saw a severe dip due to the football, which would've messed with its average viewing figures.

Yes there is a ratings drop in the show in countries when it gets to the lives; however the severe nature of this drop can be more alluded to the football more than anything else

Will be interesting to see how next week fairs
    Forum Member
    lumiere wrote: »
    Not surprised. It was dire for the third week in a row.

Yet you still watch ;)
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Good im glad that you dont give a shit because i dont as your posts about songs is irrelevant to what the topic of the thread is about and is wrothy of being ingored for that very matter.. :)

now if you dont mind I would like to talk to people who want to stay on topic of the thread so enojoy yourself on that pedastal of yours just watch you dont fall i wouldnt want you to hurt yourself. :p

Goodness, have you never encountered an adverse opinion before?

And you might want to rephrase some of that- in the heat of the moment you appear to have lost the ability to convey a coherent point without being rude
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ratings saw a severe dip due to the football, which would've messed with its average viewing figures.

Yes there is a ratings drop in the show in countries when it gets to the lives; however the severe nature of this drop can be more alluded to the football more than anything else

Will be interesting to see how next week fairs

sorry but you have no proof that it was down to the football.

Also in this day and age many home have more than one TV so both could have been watched. As it was in my home.

Also last week the ratings dropped and there was no football so where your excues for that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm.

Although the music used extends a little further than Blackpool. Some of the people critiquing this show have clearly been raised on a turgid diet of boyband ballads and urban pop- give them Tom Petty or Fleetwood Mac and they claim "no-one's ever heard of the song".

Perhaps it's just me, but I think this show is being criticised because it dares not to cater solely to the lowest common denominator viewers, who think Ant & Dec are the peak of light entertainment and think a week in Gran Canaria is exotic.

Bitchy.

But the problem is that it is a lowest common denominator popular entertainment show, yet seems determined to pretend it isn't and drive those viewers away. It's never going to be a high brow show so it should stop trying.

Oh and I wouldn't criticise other people's music tastes when you think Fleetwood Mac are unknown or alternative. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but let's not pretend they're something they're not.
    Yet you still watch ;)

Oh, it's still better than BGT. And I've watched the entirety of the season, I'm far too stubborn to give up now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    I'm just finding it a bit boring. The judges' comments are really dull and the presenters are frankly awful. The songs are dull too - there is too much of a premium placed on doing weird trills with your voice and not enough on actually producing a pleasing sound.

I was out last night and thought I'd watch some of what I'd taped this morning - and the one I immediately clicked on excitedly was BGT, whereas I'm now trawling through The Voice while painting my nails and posting here!
    Forum Member

Also in this day and age many home have more than one TV so both could have been watched. As it was in my home.

Also last week the ratings dropped and there was no football so where your excues for that.

My excuses for last weeks drop - natural drop a la you said before.

Just as I have no proof that it was the football - you have no proof that it wasn;'t the football - so its a moot point on both our parts and really cannot be used as a defence or criticism either way

Really though overnight ratings are faux anyway - as without the timeshifts it doesn't give us anything but an indication. The Voice ould add anything from 500k to 2 million viewers when timeshift is taken into account.

So the whole point really is silly - there is an over reliance on overnights by the media in general and in the growing age of repeats, plkus one, iplayer. sky plussing etc the overnights become less and less of a measure of ratings success.

As I said before, it will be interesting to see what happens next week to be honest and whether or not the show will benefit from lack of football.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodness, have you never encountered an adverse opinion before?

And you might want to rephrase some of that- in the heat of the moment you appear to have lost the ability to convey a coherent point without being rude

for the first part yes I have and I have abit of fun with them just like I have with yours.

For the second part it DS not question time so I dont take this seriously as its only a forum. But hey if you want to take this so seriously fine Ill just put you on ignore then we dont cross paths again and I stick with people who just post for light entertainment.

So good bye and have fun with the rest of the forum. :)
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    for the first part yes I have and I have abit of fun with them just like I have with yours.

For the second part it DS not question time so I dont take this seriously as its only a forum. But hey if you want to take this so seriously fine Ill just put you on ignore then we dont cross paths again and I stick with people who just post for light entertainment.

So good bye and have fun with the rest of the forum. :)

I think putting me on ignore for posting an adverse opinion is a little extreme, but hey, if it stops either of us getting a ban then it's probably for the best.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well IT IS at least -1 for football as that's the reason I didn't watch and the Voice is one of my favourite shows, but iit WAS Chelsea and I didn't want to turn over 20 mins in, so watched this morning. I doubt very much I'll miss any more of the series though. ;)
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    lumiere wrote: »
    But the problem is that it is a lowest common denominator popular entertainment show, yet seems determined to pretend it isn't and drive those viewers away. It's never going to be a high brow show so it should stop trying.

Oh, it's still better than BGT. And I've watched the entirety of the season, I'm far too stubborn to give up now.

Exactly - if it wasn't intended as a show to appeal to the masses it would not be on prime-time BBC1, on a Saturday evening with four 'names' (well Danny not so much) as judges as well as two as hosts.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Subjective Opinion and all that.

You call it snobbery, I call it taste. Horses for courses.

It's the "my taste is better than yours" attitude from you post that's snobbish.
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just finding it a bit boring. The judges' comments are really dull and the presenters are frankly awful. The songs are dull too - there is too much of a premium placed on doing weird trills with your voice and not enough on actually producing a pleasing sound.

I was out last night and thought I'd watch some of what I'd taped this morning - and the one I immediately clicked on excitedly was BGT, whereas I'm now trawling through The Voice while painting my nails and posting here!

You have nailed it. Comparisons with BGT are irrelevant. This show seems to have been so enthralled with the chair idea that it didn't give any thought to what came next. Now it is just simply incredibly dull.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My excuses for last weeks drop - natural drop a la you said before.

Just as I have no proof that it was the football - you have no proof that it wasn;'t the football - so its a moot point on both our parts and really cannot be used as a defence or criticism either way

Really though overnight ratings are faux anyway - as without the timeshifts it doesn't give us anything but an indication. The Voice ould add anything from 500k to 2 million viewers when timeshift is taken into account.

So the whole point really is silly - there is an over reliance on overnights by the media in general and in the growing age of repeats, plkus one, iplayer. sky plussing etc the overnights become less and less of a measure of ratings success.

As I said before, it will be interesting to see what happens next week to be honest and whether or not the show will benefit from lack of football.

The whole point of what we think ithe reason for ratings droping is voild as we cant judge on our own views alone. So I agree its pointless us saying one against the other.

But you cant deny there is a pattern emerging with the live shows all over the world, therfore it shows us there is a flaw in the format for this to be happening all over the world.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Voice peaked at 9.1 million (lower than BGT's average) so I don't think it was just the football.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's happened all across the world.
    Blind auditions are fresh and new. Now (as much as I am still enjoying it) it's X Factor (but a bit more positive than TXF).

However, it would have gotten around 9m average if the FA cup did not overrun. That's at least a million people who watched the match who would normally watch The Voice (the male demographic).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    Well IT IS at least -1 for football as that's the reason I didn't watch and the Voice is one of my favourite shows, but iit WAS Chelsea and I didn't want to turn over 20 mins in, so watched this morning. I doubt very much I'll miss any more of the series though. ;)

ok for you maybe but did someone in your house watch the voice on another TV?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    We need longer to vote and the result show needs to be live, as the result always gets leaked anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mitch 123 wrote: »
    People don't watch TV shows based on what is logical, rational or what is ethical. They watch something out of the sheer fact they enjoy it. As great as The Voice is on paper it is DULL DULL DULL watching, while BGT is great fun and entertainment.

I am not surprised BGT is more successful.

This.
    Forum Member
    The whole point of what we think ithe reason for ratings droping is voild as we cant judge on our own views alone. So I agree its pointless us saying one against the other.

But you cant deny there is a pattern emerging with the live shows all over the world, therfore it shows us there is a flaw in the format for this to be happening all over the world.

Its not really - competition on other channels plays a big factor in shows ratings taking a dent - football in particular - particularly finals - this isn't just my own view - its been seen before. There are countless examples of big final games denting ratings of popular shows.

Obviously though we need the 15 minute breakdown to see what was really going on. Therefore continuing this with you is pointless.
    Forum Member
    ok for you maybe but did someone in your house watch the voice on another TV?

Ah, I love the fact you're assuming everyone has 2 tvs in the house
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not really - competition on other channels plays a big factor in shows ratings taking a dent - football in particular - particularly finals - this isn't just my own view - its been seen before. There are countless examples of big final games denting ratings of popular shows.

Obviously though we need the 15 minute breakdown to see what was really going on. Therefore continuing this with you is pointless.

OK then if we are to take into account the view about football then on that note we also should take into account on how many people have said the show is just a 2nd rate XF in view of why the ratings is also dropping, As it not just on this forum that many have said it but also on other view based sites eg Twitter, Facebook etc.

So again its still down to what our view is and proves nothing to why the ratings are dropping. And therefore it pointless as we cant give a real judgement on why.

So this it because of football or its because of the show lacking in something is just totally pointless. Dont you agree???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, I love the fact you're assuming everyone has 2 tvs in the house

in this day and age I find it hard to believe that most home only have one TV so I dont see why you think it would be out of sorted for me to ask.

Also lets not forget people also watch on PCs, laptops, phones etc so again I find it strange that you would think there is only one kind of item for the whole household to watch a programe on.