Homeland on Ch4 (UK Pace) - No Spoilers!

MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,467
Forum Member
✭✭
Homeland stars this Sunday at 9pm on Ch4. One of the best shows to come out of the US last year and was in most top 10 critics list as No1/No2 best show of the year so really looking forward to this!

No thread made so decided to start one up for this series on Ch4 UK pace.

Comments

• guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to give this a go..Like you say it's had good reviews, one said to stay with it as it gets better and better.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Don DapperDon Dapper Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Seen it all already - suffice to say it is utterly phenomenal... claire danes is extraordinary.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because of all the shenanigans with Corrie and Call the Midwife being moved around, it now starts at 9.30pm on Sunday.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    Because of all the shenanigans with Corrie and Call the Midwife being moved around, it now starts at 9.30pm on Sunday.

9.30pm Sunday it is! Although it clashes with True Blood on FX at 10pm but can see it on FX+1. All good!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen it and it's top quality TV; unreserved recommendation from me. I'm going to watch it again!

The plot is quite complex and I found it helpful to read the IMDB synopsis after each episode.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1811020/synopsis (spoilers obviously!)
  • bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    One of the most amazing series I have had the pleasure of watching. It's not fast paced, but it's gripping all the same. It's so well acted and written.
  • J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to this i have added to my planner along with 'Luck' and 'Friday Night Lights' so i should have some decent shows to watch hopefully!
  • daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its on at half 9 in HD. Clashing with being Human, Tna, Desperate housewives and Hawaii 5-0

Gonna have to do some major planner alterations. maybe ill ditch the womans desperate housewives
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daclick wrote: »
    Its on at half 9 in HD. Clashing with being Human, Tna, Desperate housewives and Hawaii 5-0

Gonna have to do some major planner alterations. maybe ill ditch the womans desperate housewives

DH has a C4 repeat on Tuesday. Homeland is repeated on Monday evening. Hawaii 5-0 is repeated on Thursday.
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only heard about this the other day but it sounds good so I'll be watching.
    Forum Member
    daclick wrote: »

Homeland will be on +1 an hour later.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the 9:30 slot will mean that Channel 4 show Homeland uncut.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Homeland will be on +1 an hour later.

Only in stereo fuzzyvision!!
    Forum Member
    derek500 wrote: »
    Only in stereo fuzzyvision!!

True! Very true.
  • DenleyDenley Posts: 4,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this too :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I've only heard great things about this and it has an interesting premsie as well. Doesn't seem like the kind of story they could make more than 2 or 3 seasons out of though. Then again I thought the same thing about Breaking Bad.
  • player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking foreward to this but it will be a while before I watch. I like to ewatch series in "boxset mode" so I'll be letting this stack up on the Sky planner. Sadly that means I'll be staying away from this thread once it starts screening.
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    player1 wrote: »
    Looking foreward to this but it will be a while before I watch. I like to ewatch series in "boxset mode" so I'll be letting this stack up on the Sky planner. Sadly that means I'll be staying away from this thread once it starts screening.

That happens with some series for me just because there aern't enough hours in the day to watch everything. While watching in "boxset mode" as you put it is great story wise, you do miss out on the online discussions here on DS.
    This show looks like it could be one that will prompt a good discussion...
  • J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhDS wrote: »
    That happens with some series for me just because there aern't enough hours in the day to watch everything. While watching in "boxset mode" as you put it is great story wise, you do miss out on the online discussions here on DS.

Yes this is exactly what happens with me, 2nd series of Board walk Empire just came at a busy time and to be honest i found series 1 slow so i ended up having the entire 2nd series on the planner then went through them in about 5-6 days, it made for really good viewing but i did miss not speculating about it on here.

I think i will be watching this show as it comes on as i have caught up with a lot of my TV now.
  • DenleyDenley Posts: 4,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhDS wrote: »

Yeah it does - and a good discussion on DS enhances a series for me too, it's not the same charging through a boxset. You don't get to savour a series that way.
  • GibsonGirlGibsonGirl Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-J wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this i have added to my planner along with 'Luck' and 'Friday Night Lights' so i should have some decent shows to watch hopefully!

I've got Homeland added to my planner too. Think it's going to be a fantastic show! I'm especially looking forward to seeing David Marciano as I loved him in Due South.
    :)

Luck, however, will NEVER be in my planner. Two horses have died while filming the first season alone, and HBO are keeping the details of their deaths a secret. Shame on them!! :mad:
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I've watched it already and my advice would be to stick with it, it gets better with each episode.
  • johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    I knew you couldn't resist :p
This discussion has been closed.