Rihanna's new single 'Diamonds' to be released next week?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
Forum Member
It's been reported by NRJ radio that they will premiere 'Diamonds', Rihanna's new single next week! :eek:

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2012/09/rihanna-teases-single-diamonds-album-news/#more-89969

"You and I...we're beatiful like diamonds in the sky

Comments

• Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG...so soon....this sounds great, though it reminds me of We Found Love a bit from the lyrics....she's been working with some great people so I'm mega excited for this....though I do feel a little sad that they are releasing a whole new single and album so soon....
  • x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    It's been reported by NRJ radio that they will premiere 'Diamonds', Rihanna's new single next week! :eek:

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2012/09/rihanna-teases-single-diamonds-album-news/#more-89969

"You and I...we're beatiful like diamonds in the sky

Is this taken from yet another new album?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    She will allegedly release her new album in late November this year! In 2 months! :eek:
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argh, I knew she'd release something! She's been working with BURNS alot, be really interested to see what they've come up with. Though I was expecting a Greatest Hits as apposed to a new studio album.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    OMG YES. I couldve waited a bit longer for the next album but I'd rather it sooner than later. I've got a feeling she'll take a break after this one though.
    Forum Member
    It's not been confirmed that she'll release a new full-length album. Maybe it's a re-release of 'TTT' or a GH collection. Nothing is official yet.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Will there be another new album?! I'm looking forward to hearing the song but I think she should take a break after this.
    Forum Member
    Will there be another new album?! I'm looking forward to hearing the song but I think she should take a break after this.
    There will be a new release in late November, but I'm not sure it's going to be a new album. She'll tour next year (the new single explains the title of the tour ;) ), so a Greatest Hits album would definitely work. But I wouldn't mind an album of solely new material tbh. It's not like she promoted 'TTT' as much as she did 'Loud', so she's not overexposed and also I'm curious about how the huge success of 'WFL' will affect her new sound.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will be a new release in late November, but I'm not sure it's going to be a new album. She'll tour next year (the new single explains the title of the tour ;) ), so a Greatest Hits album would definitely work. But I wouldn't mind an album of solely new material tbh. It's not like she promoted 'TTT' as much as she did 'Loud', so she's not overexposed and also I'm curious about how the huge success of 'WFL' will affect her new sound.

Wait, what? Rihanna is the definition of overexposed! I think this will definitely be a new album, she's worked with too many people this past year for it to be a Greatest Hits.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a greatest hits would be good, but i have all the albums already. i probably would buy it though, if it had a couple new songs. it wouldn't surprise me if she releases another album and to be honest i probably would miss my annual fix if there wasn't one.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    a greatest hits would be good, but i have all the albums already. i probably would buy it though, if it had a couple new songs. it wouldn't surprise me if she releases another album and to be honest i probably would miss my annual fix if there wasn't one.:o

Haha, it wouldn't be Christmas without a Rihanna release ;)
    Forum Member
    Wait, what? Rihanna is the definition of overexposed! I think this will definitely be a new album, she's worked with too many people this past year for it to be a Greatest Hits.
    :D:D

You're right. Let me rephrase it then. She's not AS overexposed as she was when 'WFL' was released (and it still smashed). When she kicked off the 'TTT' era, she had just released a video for 'Cheers' and 'Man Down' was still climbing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha, it wouldn't be Christmas without a Rihanna release ;)

yeah, there were rumours that she would hold off on a new album this year and launch a new album next year. i guess that was to perhaps ensure a us #1 outside of the peak period, but who knows.:confused: i do agree that she hasn't milked her last album like `loud` in terms of touring. if it is a greatest hits project though, the demand for tour tickets should be huge.
    Forum Member
    yeah, there were rumours that she would hold off on a new album this year and launch a new album next year. i guess that was to perhaps ensure a us #1 outside of the peak period, but who knows.:confused: i do agree that she hasn't milked her last album like `loud` in terms of touring. if it is a greatest hits project though, the demand for tour ticket should be huge.
    Maybe they found THAT song! A surefire hit. The same happened with 'TTT', right? It was going to be just a re-release and then she found a couple of songs that her label considered smashes in the making and made a whole album!

Or maybe they saw that 'Cockiness' isn't doing much in the charts and 'TTT' isn't selling a lot right now, so they consider the era done. Moving on to the next single now gives them time to promote the first single and the album in late 2012 too, unlike how they hanlded the 'TTT' era.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D

You're right. Let me rephrase it then. She's not AS overexposed as she was when 'WFL' was released (and it still smashed). When she kicked off the 'TTT' era, she had just released a video for 'Cheers' and 'Man Down' was still climbing!

Yeah I see what you mean. I think she was going to release Cockiness but from what I understand it'll just be sent to Urban Stations in the US, like how Birthday Cake was. Though still, even when she doesn't release music, she's still everywhere. I'd prefer it if she took abit of time out and released a decent album in the Summer but I guess that's Rihanna for you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they found THAT song! A surefire hit. The same happened with 'TTT', right? It was going to be just a re-release and then she found a couple of songs that her label considered smashes in the making and made a whole album!

Or maybe they saw that 'Cockiness' isn't doing much in the charts and 'TTT' isn't selling a lot right now, so they consider the era done. Moving on to the next single now gives them time to promote the first single and the album in late 2012 too, unlike how they hanlded the 'TTT' era.

i don't know to be honest, but her and her team are clearly up to something.:D looking forward to the single anyway and another other album if that happens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep i knew she would tbh and she'll continue releasing a new album every November so we'll never ever have a break from her from hearing her songs :eek: Since TTT struggled i dont see any reasons why this wont do worse tbh especially considering how low sales are atm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Rihanna vs. Christina vs. Ke$ha with the singles this month, then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rihanna vs. Christina vs. Ke$ha with the singles this month, then.

And in November it will be Rihanna vs Taylor Swift vs Alicia Keys in the albums. Why does Rihanna make it so hard for herself she cuold easily be blocked twice :D
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We really need a Greatest Hits from Rihanna. Its going to be the pop collection of the decade. So surprised it hasn't been put out already.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    according to def jam france, there will be a new album in november.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    3 $pirit wrote: »
    And in November it will be Rihanna vs Taylor Swift in the albums. Why does Rihanna make it so hard for herself she cuold easily be blocked twice :D

It's more than just Taylor as well - there's new albums from Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, Missy Elliot, One Direction and re-releases from Lana, Bieber and Nicki.

Good luck to her if this is true.

Plus Gaga is probably dropping her lead single in October/November.
    Forum Member
    Yep i knew she would tbh and she'll continue releasing a new album every November so we'll never ever have a break from her from hearing her songs :eek: Since TTT struggled i dont see any reasons why this wont do worse tbh especially considering how low sales are atm.
    I don't think it will do worse tbh. The 'TTT' era was messy. 'WFL' had no real follow up until April when 'WHYB' was released and there was little to no physical promo during 2011 except for X Factor. Besides, I think 'TTT' was a test. Now she knows what sound works best for her. :)
    And in November it will be Rihanna vs Taylor Swift in the albums. Why does Rihanna make it so hard for herself she cuold easily be blocked twice :D
    IKR! I thought that a spring 2013 release would finally give her a US #1 album!
    Forum Member
    according to def jam france, there will be a new album in november.
    What's with France? The single was announced by NRJ (french radio station) and now her album is confirmed by Def Jam France?
  • Leona_Fan88Leona_Fan88 Posts: 72
    Forum Member

It has sold over 3 million copies worldwide! Thats not struggling that much, especially in todays album market.