When will there be a new series of Top Gear?

Kitt 2000Kitt 2000 Posts: 1,108
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just wondering if anyone knows when there will be a new series Top Gear?

Been ages since new ones have been on our screens..

I think its long overdue..

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God I hope not.
    The show would be more realistic if they made it into a cartoon!
    I stopped watching it years ago.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dezire wrote: »
    God I hope not.
    The show would be more realistic if they made it into a cartoon!
    I stopped watching it years ago.
    Good for you - doesn't help answer the question though does it.

Now, to assist kitt 2000, it looks like the next series will be March 2013.
  • Kitt 2000Kitt 2000 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    March well thats something good on tv to look forward to..
    Top Gear rules..
  • Mystic DaveMystic Dave Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might be earlier as BBC2 is already trailing it, albeit without content. Hammond said that the Xmas special in Africa is on in March.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might be earlier as BBC2 is already trailing it, albeit without content. Hammond said that the Xmas special in Africa is on in March.

It was also stated in the main Top Gear thread that the Christmas Special had been tacked onto the new 2013 series (at the beginning maybe?).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Here is an exact answer to your question. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if that's correct, it's very much sooner than anyone had thought - Sunday 27th Jan
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame there is no Christmas one like usuall, I really hope so soon next year.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Hell freezes over, if I had anything to do with it.
    Middle-aged men poncing about in over-priced cars.

I 'sppose it does have an appeal to certain young men.

Digressing a bit.

Pity they can't even get insured for a Nissan Micra, the way insurance premiums have shot up in the last few years.
    In my youth as a seventeen year old teenager, with only a provisional licence I insured my first car, third party, fire and theft, for today's equivalent of less than seventy quid.

A relative tried to add her eighteen year old daughter to her insurance on a ten year old 1ltr car a few weeks ago. Her insurers wanted another £4,000.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And to older men like myself. And, judging by comments elsewhere, to women as well.

Still, it gets very good audience figures (which seems to prove that many still watch it).

And those that like it can watch it, those that don't like it can no doubt find something else.

That's the beauty of telly.
  • Kitt 2000Kitt 2000 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am looking forward to the new series..
    There is precious little on the telly,

Its about time we had something good..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    So if that's correct, it's very much sooner than anyone had thought - Sunday 27th Jan

Definitely correct. :)

If you click here and scroll down to the 23rd January, you will see the recording date. They record on the Wednesday and broadcast on the following Sunday. So the recording date of the 23rd means a transmission date for the 27th.

I've been to a couple of recordings, so I can vouch for that. :)
  • 446.09375446.09375 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's brilliant telly, one of the funniest things outside of animation.
    Great to see the world, as experienced by three blokes enjoying themselves without having to put anyone else down to be amusing. All good harmless fun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola_T wrote: »
    Definitely correct. :)

If you click here and scroll down to the 23rd January, you will see the recording date. They record on the Wednesday and broadcast on the following Sunday. So the recording date of the 23rd means a transmission date for the 27th.

I've been to a couple of recordings, so I can vouch for that. :)
    Brilliant news then - thanks for the info (not that I ever doubted you ;))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And to older men like myself. And, judging by comments elsewhere, to women as well.

Still, it gets very good audience figures (which seems to prove that many still watch it).

And those that like it can watch it, those that don't like it can no doubt find something else.

That's the beauty of telly.

You mean watching Top Gear isn't compulsory?
    Who'd have ever thought of that?
    I'm sure many posters will be eternally grateful to you for pointing that out.

I guess it's the closest thing many can get to owning a decent car. "No doubt."
    Enjoy it if you like it, I don't mind, but I always thought it pants.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They used to do two series of Top Gear a year, now it is just one plus Xmas special. Don't know if that was down to budgeting reasons or if Clarkson and co wanted to so just one series a year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean watching Top Gear isn't compulsory?
    Who'd have ever thought of that?
    I'm sure many posters will be eternally grateful to you for pointing that out.
    Well, some always seem to be unaware of that fact. Some even seem to go as far as saying something along the lines of "I don't like it so it should not be shown". Not that you would ever say anything even approaching that.

But thanks for your contribution here. No doubt some found it enlightening.

And as you keep on saying:

It's only telly.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,554
    Forum Member

Digressing a bit.

Pity they can't even get insured for a Nissan Micra, the way insurance premiums have shot up in the last few years.
    In my youth as a seventeen year old teenager, with only a provisional licence I insured my first car, third party, fire and theft, for today's equivalent of less than seventy quid.

A relative tried to add her eighteen year old daughter to her insurance on a ten year old 1ltr car a few weeks ago. Her insurers wanted another £4,000.

She is 18 and incredibly high risk. Insurers are losing money on car insurance at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, some always seem to be unaware of that fact. Some even seem to go as far as saying something along the lines of "I don't like it so it should not be shown". Not that you would ever say anything even approaching that.

But thanks for your contribution here. No doubt some found it enlightening.

And as you keep on saying:

It's only telly.

Hmm..

But anyone criticising a programme you like seems to bother you a bit though, doesn't it?

Where do you want to go with this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is 18 and incredibly high risk. Insurers are losing money on car insurance at the moment.

No that's just "insurance and paper talk."

To make a lot of money, insurers now want to completely remove many calculable risks from the equation.

The £4,000 wasn't worked out from actuarial tables, it was just a way of refusing the business.
    I'm not saying some young people aren't a high risk, but you can't lump them all together. But insurers now do.
    Have a look around next time you're out driving, you'll hardly ever see someone under the age of twenty driving a car. If the police see them they often stop them as there's a chance a few of them will be uninsured.
    Forum Member
    No that's just "insurance and paper talk."

To make a lot of money, insurers now want to completely remove many calculable risks from the equation.

The £4,000 wasn't worked out from actuarial tables, it was just a way of refusing the business.
    I'm not saying some young people aren't a high risk, but you can't lump them all together. But insurers now do.
    Have a look around next time you're out driving, you'll hardly ever see someone under the age of twenty driving a car. If the police see them they often stop them as there's a chance a few of them will be uninsured.

What's 'paper talk'? Insurers lose money on car insurance, undeniable fact.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's 'paper talk'? Insurers lose money on car insurance, undeniable fact.

Hmm..

When did the last insurance big insurance company go broke?

That's a fact.
    Forum Member
    Hmm..

When did the last insurance big insurance company go broke?

That's a fact.

That would assume they do car insurance only, which they clearly don't. They are losing money, this is a fact unless you care to prove otherwise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The British motor insurance industry could be on course for its first underwriting profit in 18 years after dramatically narrowing its losses during 2011, according to accountants Deloitte.

British car insurers paid out 106 pounds ($170) in claims and expenses last year for every 100 pounds they took in premiums, taking their collective underwriting loss to about 600 million pounds, Deloitte said on Thursday.

That compares with 120 pounds of claims and expenses per 100 pounds of claims the previous year.

<snipped>

Motor insurers often turn a profit despite losing money on their core underwriting activities thanks to income from investments, and from reserves set aside in previous years against claims that did not materialise.
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/05/24/uk-insurance-cars-idUKBRE84N15P20120524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would assume they do car insurance only, which they clearly don't. They are losing money, this is a fact unless you care to prove otherwise.

Err..

You know darn well it can't be proved. No one will release that sort of information. My point is that the insurance companies don't calculate the risk of young drivers, they completely remove it. Saying they don't make any money out of car insurance justifies continual insurance premium hikes.

They're always chasing this business you and they say out of which they don't make any money.

Funny that...