Ridiculous question about Kindle..

dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,403
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am cringing asking this as I am quite sure I am just being a numpty and it is very very easy to do.....
On your kindle home page where it shows all the items you have downloaded, it shows I have 2 pages worth of downloads. Now, I cant move onto page 2. I have pressed every button I can find, have read the kindle guide and im still stuck HELP!!!! So I can only see the first 10 items which are on the 1st page.
Sorry for probably such a stupid question!!

Comments

• JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't say what model you have. I have a very early keyboard WiFi model and I just press the Next Page button on the side to see the next page of items (the same button I press to turn pages in a book).

If you say what model you have, I am sure others can help you. They are all different, as far as I can tell.
  • dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes thank you, that works! It is just the basic kindle, just as well, don't think I could cope with anything more advanced!
    Thanks again.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems you pressed every button you could find, except the one that mattered. :D

Glad I could help.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to by a kindle fire but a friend recommended kobo mini. Which is better?
  • wakeywakey Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    I'd love to by a kindle fire but a friend recommended kobo mini. Which is better?

They are two completely different devices. The Kindle Fire is a tablet and the Kobo Mini is an e-reader so it depends what you are wanting to do. The Kindle Fire is better for video, web browsing, email and the likes

The Kobo mini for better for reading books. The Kobo Mini is best compared with the Standard Kindle.

Kobo also do a Kobo Glo which is the same is their version of the Kindle Paperwhite (A front lit ereader)

Additionally they do a tablet like the Fire which is the Kobo arc
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    dee-rec wrote: »
    Yes thank you, that works! It is just the basic kindle, just as well, don't think I could cope with anything more advanced!
    Thanks again.

Don't feel stupid, I had exactly the same problem when I first got a Kindle Touch. Because the list of books is a downwards one it feels natural to try and swipe down to see more. The light bulb came on when I realised the list is just content and to be treated like any other book.