Horse Racing 2013

Comments

• Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rather interestingly ATR are showing the racing from Cheltenham too. I wonder if they can show races that are also on C4
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rather interestingly ATR are showing the racing from Cheltenham too. I wonder if they can show races that are also on C4

I think it's only the Victor chandler they can show because it was originally scheduled for Ascot which is one of their tracks
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I think it's only the Victor chandler they can show because it was originally scheduled for Ascot which is one of their tracks

Ah yes, didnt think of that
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    Easy as you like for Sprinter Sacre. Absolutely superb. Can't believe Boyle Sports were offering Even money, and gutted that I missed out. :eek:

Connections of Mad Moose must be delighted with how well that one ran in behind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone backing anything at cheltenham today ?

I've done a couple...........

Wayward prince EW at 12/1 BOG in the Argento Chase
    Reve de Sivola - win at 2/1 BOG in the Cleeve

Come on my sons !................:D

Wayward Prince has drifted out to 16s............probably not a good sign !.............:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Easy as you like for Sprinter Sacre. Absolutely superb. Can't believe Boyle Sports were offering Even money, and gutted that I missed out. :eek:

Connections of Mad Moose must be delighted with how well that one ran in behind.

surely it wasn't evens for todays race ?

:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    that was disappointing with wayward prince pulling up..............my money looked lost when it drifted in the betting.............

still cape tribulation was my NB so I've won some money in DL's comp and some points in my internet racing comp elesewhiere...............

what a great race..............Imperial commander ran a stormer.............:eek:
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    ^ Apparently so for new members only though and probably a limit on the bet.

Great finish to the Argento. Unlucky Imperial Commander. Hunt Ball one to follow on better ground, ran a cracker considering.
  • alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always nice to get a good price winner when opposing odds on favourites. Think Oscar Whisky will get the 3 miles on better ground. Tidal Bay could be the fly in the ointment for that race.

Grand Crus was terribly disappointing. Hunt Ball remains of interest over better ground. Imperial Commander was one I had for the national fitness permitting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reve de Sivola saves my bacon and i come out even on the day.

Well done with At Fishers Cross, alan..............:)
  • Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back from a freezing Cheltenham! Great days racing :)

Bailed myself out after punting wise in the last with Mr Watson and came out a few quid up! Went to this meet last year and saw one hurdling great in Big Bucks this year saw probably the best horse in training in Sprinter Sacre,

Imperial Commander got the biggest cheer of the day coming into the enclosure! Such a gallant effort after 2 years off the track.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psycho_Ned wrote: »
    Back from a freezing Cheltenham! Great days racing :)

Bailed myself out after punting wise in the last with Mr Watson and came out a few quid up! Went to this meet last year and saw one hurdling great in Big Bucks this year saw probably the best horse in training in Sprinter Sacre,

Imperial Commander got the biggest cheer of the day coming into the enclosure! Such a gallant effort after 2 years off the track.

Nice one Ned.

I thought Imperial Commander put up a marvellous performance and the ovation was well deserved. I think I would be putting him in the Grand National. Not really much in that race to trouble the main Gold Cup contenders.

Twiston-Davies got bounced out with The New One as well. Think that is still one we will be hearing a lot more from.

Last year I went to Aintree on the Thursday and Saturday and it was great to see both Big Buck's and Sprinter Sacre, plus Simonsig's final run over hurdles and the tightest finish ever to the National.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a matter of interest, anyone watching the 2:35 at Lingfield today would have found the pre-race incident involving Loyalty somewhat odd.

It was 11/4, then drifted alarmingly to 6/1 as they went down, was inspected by the vet and passed to race, then got backed into 4/1 before the off, only to run no sort of race and infact came last. Stewards didn't seem to think there was anything untoward but I'd have wondered what was going on?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad you had a good day Ned............it was one of my regrets when I used to go racing that I never made it to Cheltenham

Now I'm too old and crochety................:p

The 3 main races at Leop today have all got odds on favourites

Zuzka
    Pont Alexandre
    Hurricane Fly

My record of backing odds-on shots is crap and I don't do it as a rule because I feel 'cheated' if they lose and I've already counted my winnings in advance.............:p

Would anyone consider a treble on the 3 good things ?

Must admit that I'm not brave enough for that kind of betting.........:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    There you go...........the first one gets beat and you've done your money.............not for me............:eek:
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There you go...........the first one gets beat and you've done your money.............not for me............:eek:

he was odds on in the first too that got beat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Couple of snippets of all weather news.............

Southwell has passed it's BHA test and will resume racing next week, They've been closed for about 2 months following the November floods

Great Leighs has applied for 2014 fixtures !..............
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superb to hear about Great Leighs. Hope they sort it out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overturn does his stuff again today...........what a fantastic horse he must be to own, train or just follow

I just can't see him winning a race at the Festival though.......I think in any Festival race there's going to be runners that will take him on for the lead and then he gives too much and doesn't get up the hill
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally for the Arkie, I would have been happy to take Simonsig on but he has drifted a bit now, 8/11 generally, Overturn 4/1 and was around 7/1. I think the market looks a bit more realistic now but we certainly know Overturn would give him a good race.

Captain Conan seems a bit long for me, he seemed to be getting a fair bit of stick for his run yesterday but we have to remember he was trying 2 miles 4 in a glue pot of a surface, over pretty stiff fences. In many ways he will have benefitted for that test of stamina so long as they can peak him for Cheltenham.

Can't have anything that is a suspect jumper for Cheltenham, therefore Arvika Legionnaire has to be passed for that race.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankel starts seeing the ladies on Feb 14! How romantic of him! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He won't come cheap. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rock On Ruby has won the champion hurdle trial at Donny but the race was marred by the seemingly fatal fall of Darlan

Still no offical confirmation but it looked terminal.............:mad:

edit - fatality confirmed
  • Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was horrific, so sad. Darlan looked a real CH contender.

Commiserations to all connections :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus. I am lost for words. From coming to the final fence with the race probably won and then within a split second, he has gone.//

RIP Darlan and commiserations to all involved.

Casts a deep deep shadow over the Champion Hurdle as far as I am concerned.

JP losing both Darlan and Synchronised in the space of 9 months.