Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    separated at birth - Faye Quinn and Benny The Ball.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    separated at birth - Faye Quinn and Benny The Ball.

:D:D:D
  • hammiehammie Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wathced episode 300. Loving the show at the moment since the arrival of the FREAK and the return of Chrissie. Not too soory that Doreen is leaving though. Still new arrival Maxine is similar to her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hammie wrote: »
    Just wathced episode 300. Loving the show at the moment since the arrival of the FREAK and the return of Chrissie. Not too soory that Doreen is leaving though. Still new arrival Maxine is similar to her

I disagree that Maxie was similar to Doreen. Sure she had a similar level of immaturity and could be thoughtless at times, but she was far more streetwise and independant than Doreen who lets face it could barely run a bath for herself without messing it up. Also Doreen had a really spiteful side to her but Maxine doesn't really. Maxie also develops a friendship with Lizzie that i found far more touching and enjoyable to watch than Lizzie and Dor's.

i like Maxie:)
  • hammiehammie Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't dislike Maxine. She seems like a promising new character. Doreen was a good charaacter. Badly writen at times, bit formed part of a really good quartet with Bea, Lizzie and Judy. I just think in more recent episodes Doreen was running out of steam as a character.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maxine was funny when she wanted to be. I used to laugh many a time at her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be her son :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On to the racism episodes now with that Sally West, 'the rec room ey, then lets wreck it!' :D

Did a Frankie Doyle :p
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    On to the racism episodes now with that Sally West, 'the rec room ey, then lets wreck it!' :D

Did a Frankie Doyle :p

Never seen this era in full, but I have seen a youtube clip of that scene, pretty shocking scenes really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    Never seen this era in full, but I have seen a youtube clip of that scene, pretty shocking scenes really.

Yeah they are, ive never seen these episodes before either, if it was shown again today, it would probably be heavily edited.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'd definitely have to cut the episode i watched last night, after what Mr Adams called her and said, no way would that be allowed today.

Absolutely howled when he said to Rita he was taking her to the pound, and she said, 'well you can't as your in pain', soon as he said 'no im not', she smashed him in the face busting his nose :D:D:D
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'd definitely have to cut the episode i watched last night, after what Mr Adams called her and said, no way would that be allowed today.

After the 9:00pm watershed it could.

And it's after the watershed that Prisoner should be shown. (If it was still on TV)

Virtually anything can be shown late at night. But there isn't any adult entertainment on late night TV anymore because TV is crap now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Onto the Blackmoor episodes now, with Rita fighting that Roo Morgan, not enjoying these episodes, the fights are rubbish, and hasn't that screw been in it before (the one who was telling her to stand on the imaginary line), someones husband, was either Faye Quinns sisters, or Maxines sisters, can't remember now, but he has been in before as someone else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Onto the Blackmoor episodes now, with Rita fighting that Roo Morgan, not enjoying these episodes, the fights are rubbish, and hasn't that screw been in it before (the one who was telling her to stand on the imaginary line), someones husband, was either Faye Quinns sisters, or Maxines sisters, can't remember now, but he has been in before as someone else.

Maxine's sister's husband, Roger Carter.

He also played the bar owner that Chrissie robbed just before getting caught for her last stint in Wentworth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maxine's sister's husband, Roger Carter.

He also played the bar owner that Chrissie robbed just before getting caught for her last stint in Wentworth.

Oh yeah, so he did, i miss Chrissie, its a shame she couldn't come back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah, so he did, i miss Chrissie, its a shame she couldn't come back.

I really liked Chrissie and it is a real shame she was never brought back again in the second half of the series. I feel she was the type of character who could have seamlessly fit into any era of the show with minimum effort.
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chrissie Latham was one of the best Characters in PCBH, I'd rate her high up there with Bea Smith. Same goes for Helen Smart.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with both of you, i miss all the old characters, doesn't seem quite the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with both of you, i miss all the old characters, doesn't seem quite the same.

I've never seen the 1986 season, I'll get there eventually, but I'm way back at the start of 1983 currently.

It seems to get panned by the PCBH community, is it really so poor?
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    I've never seen the 1986 season, I'll get there eventually, but I'm way back at the start of 1983 currently.

It seems to get panned by the PCBH community, is it really so poor?

No. The opposite of poor really.

Slowed down a bit but now up to episode 28. Lizzie with yet another classic moment in 27 as Doreen runs in to tell them all about seeing Vera kissing a man.

Lizzie: Did he have a dog?

Doreen (With a strange look on her face): Why???

Lizzie: Because he must of been blind!

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The later ones are hit and miss imo, some of them are terrible, like the Ballinger episodes, she had a phone, proper double bed, wardrobes, armchair, and pictures up on the walls of her cell, they were laughable those ones.

I much prefer the first 400/500 or so, ones im watching now are pertty good though (665+), with Craven (Blackmoors Gov.) and Rita.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't that kid who Merle goes off with while out shopping, the one from the Henderson Kids.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cravens bitten the dust :D, i knew it was going to be Lori that ended up killing him, and i thought all those cops were going to blow Merle away as well, but thankfully Mrs Reynolds turned up to see her, so shes still alive, good job to, as i like Merle :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't that kid who Merle goes off with while out shopping, the one from the Henderson Kids.

He is indeed. In fact he is the real life son of the bloke we were talking about the other day (Blackmoor screw who also played Maxine's brother in law, Chrissie's boss and the policeman who arrested Ros Coulson on one of her escapes.)

Also the mother of that kid (in the show, not in real life) was played by the same actress that played Andrea Hennessey in the 230's. I forget her real name now, I'll have to look it up.