Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rikki65 wrote: »
    Lol, he's been watching that disgusting dad character from the Royle family; he does it all the time.

As if a house that size would really only have one toilet anyway!!
  • cats_fivecats_five Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    <snip>

And taking a cup of coffee into the toilet with you to do a no.2? Pretty disgusting if you ask me!

Rather like taking the paper in to read, surely? I have a friend who does that, and he doesn't think to check if anyone wants the loo first. :mad:
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,548
    Forum Member
    No prizes for guessing what I thought of Zara in todays episode and how she is acting generally.

I don't get her, she wanted a baby so much but is still acting like Zara, where when she was with izzie, she was acting much more motherly like and much more like her original character Alex. Did she realise at the end what a stupid cow she had been acting like?

That guy should have called the Police on her for what she did with the handbag. He could have easily have backed up that it was him who bought it. Zara's vindictiveness in that scene - :mad: :mad: :mad:

I can't believe how some women go so mad over things like handbags and are preapred to spend so much on such stupid things like that. Same goes for shoes too on the whole. Clothes in general I can understand more but not handbags and shoes.

How stupid is it that Cherry has made a fast return to the Mill but no Jimmi? What she done to him, tied him up?

Freya so needs to make her mind up about what she likes and doesn't like in general when it comes to relationships and she should stop allowing herself to be as good as dictated too in who to like. I'm quite fascinated with her in the way she seems to be loosing weight fast and looking better the more she loses weight and particularly that I got the instant impression this was going to happen and she was growing in confidence that time she did that little dance on her last day before her holiday!

I really do wonder if Lu Corfield had to put on weight for this role or not and then it was part of the plan to lose it as Freya become more confident and starts going out with more people?

It did make ma laugh in a scoffed way the other day though when she said she was more of a "wham bam thank you maam" kind of person! I mean, that so doesn't suit her character generally does it? Though I suppose some people are quite different in that "field" than they are normally like on a personality basis.
  • The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    No prizes for guessing what I thought of Zara in todays episode and how she is acting generally.

I don't get her, she wanted a baby so much but is still acting like Zara, where when she was with izzie, she was acting much more motherly like and much more like her original character Alex. Did she realise at the end what a stupid cow she had been acting like?

That guy should have called the Police on her for what she did with the handbag. He could have easily have backed up that it was him who bought it. Zara's vindictiveness in that scene - :mad: :mad: :mad:

I can't believe how some women go so mad over things like handbags and are preapred to spend so much on such stupid things like that. Same goes for shoes too on the whole. Clothes in general I can understand more but not handbags and shoes.

How stupid is it that Cherry has made a fast return to the Mill but no Jimmi? What she done to him, tied him up?

Freya so needs to make her mind up about what she likes and doesn't like in general when it comes to relationships and she should stop allowing herself to be as good as dictated too in who to like. I'm quite fascinated with her in the way she seems to be loosing weight fast and looking better the more she loses weight and particularly that I got the instant impression this was going to happen and she was growing in confidence that time she did that little dance on her last day before her holiday!

I really do wonder if Lu Corfield had to put on weight for this role or not and then it was part of the plan to lose it as Freya become more confident and starts going out with more people?

It did make ma laugh in a scoffed way the other day though when she said she was more of a "wham bam thank you maam" kind of person! I mean, that so doesn't suit her character generally does it? Though I suppose some people are quite different in that "field" than they are normally like on a personality basis.

Knowing Cherry, she probably has!:D
    Forum Member
    Knowing Cherry, she probably has!:D

Well she was talking about the best way to treat a husband was under the thumb to Marina the other day and what did Marina mean with what she said back and to Kevin? I think she said "tran sexual favours"! Did I hear that right? If so, I've got an idea what she might have been on about, not for me though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Why couldn't you?
    I voted EastEnders lindsey coulson (Carol) because she's simply one of the best actresses on TV and about time she got an awards....EDW is brilliant though:)

Because she wasn't one of the choices. Shame you can't just write in whoever you like.
  • The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    Well she was talking about the best way to treat a husband was under the thumb to Marina the other day and what did Marina mean with what she said back and to Kevin? I think she said "tran sexual favours"! Did I hear that right? If so, I've got an idea what she might have been on about, not for me though.

Yeah I didn't like that bit at all - if it had been someone like Daniel or Jimmy saying stuff like that about their wife then there'd be hell to pay! It'll just encourage Marina to treat Heston even worse:(
    Oh and - I think she said 'AND sexual favours' not transexual lol!
  • MissyQMissyQ Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    I voted for Natalie J Robb who is in Emmerdale at the moment but she used to be Dr Jude Carlyle in Doctors.

We could all try and agree on one of the options for Doctors so our vote is not spread across the 2 or 3 options in each category. Might get more votes for our guys.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,639
    Forum Member
    I saw Jimmi back at work before Cherry. He's been there.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,639
    Forum Member
    The bag wasn't even that nice.
    Forum Member
    Yeah I didn't like that bit at all - if it had been someone like Daniel or Jimmy saying stuff like that about their wife then there'd be hell to pay! It'll just encourage Marina to treat Heston even worse:(
    Oh and - I think she said 'AND sexual favours' not transexual lol!

Really? If I still have it recorded I may check that out again, but I wouldn't put anything past Marina ( ! :D) and nothing past Heston in being such a mug in situations like this and how much he allows himself to be treated so badly and then affecting others as well. Maybe Heston should have been a disease instead! :eek: :D
    lea_uk wrote: »
    The bag wasn't even that nice.

Yeah I didn't think much of it. I thought Zara had transferrred all her things into it so I was surprised that she handed it over in the way she did in the end.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heston can't go on like this surely? Every time I see him and Marina together at home, I'm on edge, wondering if she's going to lay into him again.

Not liking the Freya/Mandy story. Craft classes - who cares?
  • barbsbarbs Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    good episode today - thought Owen Brennan's acting was really good as he realised that Marina has done this before, and it isn't his 'fault' for triggering it.

They do seem a little inconsistent with Zara's character- one minute she is desperate to get back to work, and the next she is too busy cooing over the baby (understandably) to talk to Julia about the Mill and the Kevin problem.

I'm surprised Julia hasn't wondered what's caused Heston to be so hostile to Kevin in such a vindictive way, and not asked if there'd been an argument in addition to the not booking people in incident.

I can't understand why it would be so hurtful for Freya to tell Mandy she just isn't that into craft stuff. Why should you expect that your partner has the same hobbies and interests as you do? I'm not sure I'd be taking relationship advice from Elaine anyway!
  • Tass BTass B Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought I'd add this link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00plxzb
    Its a behind the scenes look at a big car stunt including Julia and a possible new love interest. Apparently these scenes will air in may.
    Forum Member
    Heston is a complete and utter idiot! Vindcitive sod too! :mad:

Its not realistic either that someone who has worked with the public so much cannot see and realise the gits that come into his life, be it Charlie or Marina. I cannot believe that Heston didn't realise that Marina has always been this way, damn she even told him a few weeks ago what makes her like this and her excuse was living in a all male household after her mum died.

The man loves going into denial and I really don't care if he bounces back into "normal old Heston" again, I want him gone! I cannot stand this side of his character, in fact I despise this side too him and I'm always gonna be angry with him for having this stupid mug side to him and starting on the wrong people! As far as I'm concerned its a case of "Heston, you are the weakest link, goodbye"!!!!!

Its also obvious that Julia is going to go into set piece blind mode again, acting in the stupid instantly one sided way against Kevin like she did against Cherry that time Michelle outrageously turned the tables on her with regard to her own drink problem. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tass B wrote: »
    Just thought I'd add this link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00plxzb
    Its a behind the scenes look at a big car stunt including Julia and a possible new love interest. Apparently these scenes will air in may.

Thank you for that x
  • cats_fivecats_five Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbs wrote: »
    They do seem a little inconsistent with Zara's character- one minute she is desperate to get back to work, and the next she is too busy cooing over the baby (understandably) to talk to Julia about the Mill and the Kevin problem.

I doubt very much she is the first new mother to be blowing hot & cold over work.
    Forum Member
    I think they should write out both Heston and Marina and do it in a stupid ironic way with both of them doing that stupid "jump"(s) and hand/arm movements that Morecambe and Wise used to do heading for the "sunset"! Maybe some people think Marina does that anyway in the way she kicks off!

Also they can add a cameo moment where Charlie is waiting for them in the sunset and Marina kicks off at him too and gives him a few slaps as well!
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    Today's episode was good..don't always enjoy the Hollins but it was funny.

Respect to Kevin for tackling Heston.

Yeah, really funny, let's all laugh at lazy stereotypes of the French and asserted British superiority.
    Forum Member

If it wasn't for the Tory Government doing what they always do in making it easier to sack people unfairly,

Apart from the fact the coalition government has not done this, of course..........
    Forum Member
    M@nterik wrote: »
    Apart from the fact the coalition government has not done this, of course..........

The law allowing employees to sue employers for unfair dismissal is going to be increased to 2 years again next month, Tory idea, Lib Dems quiet on it. Not sure if it only applies to people who work in small companies or not, so if ever Kevin was sacked unfairly, would The Mill count as a small company? Probably. Could be bad for Kevin then, but if I was him, i think I'd want out of that place too.
    Forum Member
    M@nterik wrote: »
    Yeah, really funny, let's all laugh at lazy stereotypes of the French and asserted British superiority.

Well that reminds me, when i was on a great holiday for the first time in France back in 97 and one of my friends who had friends there arranged for us to all go out together and one of the brothers of his friends was well into his funny ****, he was cracking me up with his manerisms and how he kept on thinking we all wanted a drag of what he was puffing away which we certainly didn't.

Karen is such a scatty brain isn't she? How could she have forgoton to have cancelled that? That stupid sheepish smile she keeps on giving when she messes up. She should be made to do something bad everytime she does that I say, happens far too often. Last time was at Xmas with those Turkeys she kept on losing or over cooking.
    Forum Member
    The law allowing employees to sue employers for unfair dismissal is going to be increased to 2 years again next month, Tory idea, Lib Dems quiet on it. Not sure if it only applies to people who work in small companies or not, so if ever Kevin was sacked unfairly, would The Mill count as a small company? Probably. Could be bad for Kevin then, but if I was him, i think I'd want out of that place too.

If Kevin was sacked for his race, his age, his sexuality he still has rights from day 1. It is a leap of faith, somewhat, to see the right to sue for unfair dismissal to be an employers charter to sack people unfairly. Personally I think 1 year is too long, I would prefer 1 day.

Is Kevin actually a proper employee there, didn't he and Freya join on the basis that they were competing for one permie position so surely they could dump him on that basis with no come back.

Heston is a bl00dy fool in my view, his treatment of Kevin this week was awful and verging on the unprofessional.

I like Heston and would rather like to see him get together with Mrs Tembe but I do hope that this works out right for Kevin.
    Forum Member
    Well that reminds me, when i was on a great holiday for the first time in France back in 97 and one of my friends who had friends there arranged for us to all go out together and one of the brothers of his friends was well into his funny ****, he was cracking me up with his manerisms and how he kept on thinking we all wanted a drag of what he was puffing away which we certainly didn't.

Karen is such a scatty brain isn't she? How could she have forgoton to have cancelled that? That stupid sheepish smile she keeps on giving when she messes up. She should be made to do something bad everytime she does that I say, happens far too often. Last time was at Xmas with those Turkeys she kept on losing or over cooking.

I am off to Paris in April. Cannot wait. Love France and love the French. I love the way French women speak English.

If she is so scatter brained she is hardly receptionist material !!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karen not cancelling was simply a plot device for a silly storyline though rather than telling us anything about her character...same with the whole Zara/bag thing - was just nice at the end when the bloke turned out to be wanting it for his dying mum (btw do GPs tell cancer patients they are terminal ? wouldnt a hospital consultant do that?)

re:Paris, I was proposed to there, having dinner in an outdoor restaurant at Montmartre in the shadow of the Sacre Coeur <sighs> . Am v jealous.
This discussion has been closed.