Samsung S2 starting in safe mode

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
Forum Member
✭✭
I've had my phone for about a year or so now and its never done this before, I turned it on yesterday and it started up in safe mode which I didnt even know the phone had! :o I turned it off again and it started fine, after work I started it up again and it was in safe mode again.

I'm not sure why its doing this? anyone have any clues? all the time I've had the phone its never done it before yesterday.

Comments

• ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had this happen once or twice for the S2 and my Note. Could be a rogue app or other firmware glitch. Just one of those things.

If it persists, I would suggest a factory reset as this is generally the cure of all ills... until it happens again.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it signalled the slow death of mine, had to get it replaced under warranty. (Samsung warranty is 2 yrs IIRC so I think all S2s are in warranty still)

To try:

- factory reset
    - reflash official firmware, particularly if you've been flashing other ones
    - return to retailer
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you both, I think mine is definately on its way out :( its on contract and I think I'm due a newer phone soon but I'll have to look into that, I've got it insured too so hopefully if it does break down I'll get a replacement somehow.

It's been freezing a lot lately for silly things and this whole safemode thing is just on top of that, I'm going to save everything I need and do a total restore tomorrow and hopefully it'll try and clear up a few problems.