It has been confirmed. Live feed axed. (Part 11)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,485
Administrator
Because looking at TV ratings in isolation isnt worth a damn, you have to look at why the ratings happen.

With all the really big shows, without exception, its built on tabloid coverage, X Factor has stories daily in all tabloids, fed by Cowell, he hates jedward, hes fell out with Danny, Cheryl farted, whatever it is, it starts nearly 2 months before the show airs, and continues daily until its run ends.

Thats not an accident, its that sort of coverage that creates the huge viewing figures.

Why they are having a live feed this year? No Simon to feed the daily stories, so he substitutes whats happening in the house, ensuring daily coverage without the fabricated 'judges conflict' or whatever, indeed, it may simply be they want this lot of judges to be looked at as a harmonious group and just want the stories to come from elsewhere.

This thread is a continuation of: It has been confirmed. Live feed axed. (Part 10)

Comments

• MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, a shiny new thread! :D
  • livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    how many parts will this thread have before channel 5 see the errors of their way
    i really don't know
    no 24/7 live feed for bb12 ,next opportunity appears to be january 2012 for a celebrity big brother
  • zexstreamzexstream Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Well that says it all really, when the biggest thread on this years CBB is all about Live Feed and the lack of it!
  • DayCarDayCar Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Does anyone actually know why DS split threads up? It just maked it 10x harder to see the first post and see what the thread was orginally about!
  • livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    DayCar wrote: »
    Does anyone actually know why DS split threads up? It just maked it 10x harder to see the first post and see what the thread was orginally about!

there must be some kind of technical reason for it
    threads don't normally get this big
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What they are doing to all threads that relate to LF seems like a clumsy attempt to censor the Chat about the subject. I must admit I'm getting pretty fed up with the way we are being treated. They seem intent on alienating a group of their Posters in attempt to help keep their invitations to the show. It's surely to systematic and immediate for other explanations.
  • tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    yeah its obvious DS don't wanna rock the boat too much. wonder if it would be like this if the original site owner was still around.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All threads that get over a certain number of pages are split so the server can cope better with traffic.
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

DS always splits up threads when they get to 100 or so pages. Some threads run into 150 plus parts!! The other sections are quite easy to find with the search facility. If this thread hadn't been split, it would have over 1100 pages
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What they are doing to all threads that relate to LF seems like a clumsy attempt to censor the Chat about the subject. I must admit I'm getting pretty fed up with the way we are being treated. They seem intent on alienating a group of their Posters in attempt to help keep their invitations to the show. It's surely to systematic and immediate for other explanations.

Not quite sure what you are getting at.

DS always splits threads when they get over 100+ pages.

Also DS amalgamates threads which are basically on the same subject. Happens on all forums not just this one
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    yeah its obvious DS don't wanna rock the boat too much. wonder if it would be like this if the original site owner was still around.
    makes yer wonder if Desmond has a steak in DS

or the Mods are anti LF :D
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member

Also DS amalgamates threads which are basically on the same subject. Happens on all forums not just this one
    pity they dont do it with all the Jedward threads :D
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    You know CBB is complete crap when the biggest thread on DS is about Live Feed :D

C5 you are crap
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pity they dont do it with all the Jedward threads :D

:D:D:D

Gave up with the H/Ls thread tonight as it became an offshoot of the Jedward AT!:( Mind you between Jedward and the fauxmance, am almost dwn to zero interest in CBB
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just been censored on the subject they immediately shut down a Thread I posted asking for peoples opinions on the subject. Threads are being shifted as quickly as the mods can do it they never get a chance to get to 100 pages:rolleyes:.

But the point is they are not doing it to other subjects on this BB forum in anything like the same way.
    Time to move on for me no shortage of Forums out there.
  • DeliriumTremensDeliriumTremens Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is BB still on?

I had no idea . There seems to be much less interest in it in the media
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,761
    Forum Member
    Is BB still on?

I had no idea . There seems to be much less interest in it in the media
    I'ts on for another few days, then the regular series begins... with no live feed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aha, a nice new thread just in time for the start of BB12 - I think it's going to be busy once the civilian series starts ;)

Why can there be 450 Kerreh threads and 870 Jedward ones but all the LF topics get chucked in here?
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeff Ford's latest. HERE
    After the launch of Celebrity Big Brother on 18 August drew 5.1 million, the show has skipped along with a more prosaic average audience of 3.1 million.
    They really should do a recount of their figures. :rolleyes:
    When we were on Channel 4 the show always had to 'mean something'," says a member of the Endemol production team, who did not wish to be named. "On Channel 5 it can just be pure entertainment." Ford echoes the sentiment. "We have really taken it away from the shackles of social experimentation," he says. "People are enjoying it a lot more, it is more honest."
    Unbelievable! :mad:
  • Captain AwesomeCaptain Awesome Posts: 2,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why can there be 450 Kerreh threads and 870 Jedward ones but all the LF topics get chucked in here?

Um, maybe because there are no live feed topics. How can there be any live feed topics when the live feed has been axed?

If there is no live feed, how can we talk about the live feed? How can the feed be live, if there's no feed at all? And if there's no feed, why isnt everyone hungry?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Jeff Ford's latest. HERE They really should do a recount of their figures. :rolleyes: Unbelievable! :mad:

Obviously had his Daily Star guide to honest journalism about his person when he gave that interview.

CBB is averaging 3.1m viewers in the same way that Amy Childs is having threesomes in the house. And the viewers are happy only because this shambles is nearly over...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously had his Daily Star guide to honest journalism about his person when he gave that interview.

CBB is averaging 3.1m viewers in the same way that Amy Childs is having threesomes in the house. And the viewers are happy only because this shambles is nearly over...

Seems so. :rolleyes:

I suppose if you keep repeating that figure over & over you will eventually believe it.......or perhaps they have the same person who did the stats at CH4 working for them. They were pretty adept at 'doctoring' the figures. Remember when they said there had only been 12 or so complaints re the lack of LF. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I genuinely think C5 is run along the lines of China under Mao. Everyone is indoctrinated and after a while actually seem to believe the old fanny they're spouting. The fact that C5 have had to constantly block and ban Facebook posters because of the massive tidal wave of negative comments speaks for itself. As does them sending stooges here to battle the complainers and put a positive spin on this CBB.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I genuinely think C5 is run along the lines of China under Mao. Everyone is indoctrinated and after a while actually seem to believe the old fanny they're spouting. The fact that C5 have had to constantly block and ban Facebook posters because of the massive tidal wave of negative comments speaks for itself. As does them sending stooges here to battle the complainers and put a positive spin on this CBB.

I still suspect FB are in CH5's pocket somehow, there can be no other reason for their behaviour.
    oathy has also been blocked on FB. :mad:

CH4 did the same thing too, seems to be common practise. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    I still suspect FB are in CH5's pocket somehow, there can be no other reason for their behaviour.
    oathy has also been blocked on FB. :mad:

CH4 did the same thing too, seems to be common practise. :rolleyes:

Not blocked - banned from Facebook. Whole account zapped. Same happened to me and many of us, just for making really mild comments, nothing excessive or T&C breaking.
This discussion has been closed.