Have you ever seen someone faint from shock?

Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I don't mean clinical shock, but from a surprise or bad news.

You see it all the time in movies.

Someone is surprised by someone/something scary, or they receive bad news, and they faint dead away.

I've never actually seen that happen, "in the flesh" so to speak.

Have you?

Comments

• cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you OP? :D

I haven't
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I have seen it on a couple of occasions. Both times when people were told a loved one had died.
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I saw a man laid out about 10 seconds after he had fainted from shock.
  • technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember my colleague fainting as the sight of an injury on a H&S film on our inducation course many years ago he just keeled over -- I think Knocked himself out and had a large gash on his head .. Ambulance needed to be called etc.... H&S trainer had to fill in all the paper work !!!! - which the chap was presented with at his retirement do some almost 40 years later!!
  • Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you OP? :D

Should've gone to Specsavers. :p
    Bedsit Bob wrote: »
    I've never actually seen that happen, "in the flesh" so to speak.
  • BrettLanghamBrettLangham Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone fainted in our school in Year 7 because he couldnt handle watching a video of a woman giving birth
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mrs fainted when she saw the stitches after she had had an implant put in,

They were only stick on ones too :eek::D

She faints every time she has a blood test as well :D
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does Gillian McKeith "fainting" in the jungle count?
  • dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only that Gillian woman on I'm A Celeb..
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to work in a mortuary. So yes, quite a few.
  • TombstoneTombstone Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in Liverpool on the day United won their 19th title.

A load of fey guys all over the city..............
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A man fainted at the sight of another man that jumped in front of a tube train. I didn't see the jumper, but saw the man go over like a pack of cards. His face hit the platform full on.
  • RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    I don't think so, but people will have of me passing out due to shock a few times, First time aged 12 bust lip+blood=me floored, second time around 14 due to burning myself during a science experiment at school with boiling boiling hot water mixed with something (what it was, i don't recall), People were convinced i'd faked it afterwards.
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a bloke who'd just gone under the wheels of a truck, and I'm told I passed out.
  • Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Gillian McKeith "fainting" in the jungle count?

Clearly faked, because she was breathing fast and deep, while supposedly unconscious.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clearly faked, because she was breathing fast and deep, while supposedly unconscious.
    I wish DS would allow us to do strikethrough text. I was going to put faking (striked) before "fainting". She was totally faking it! :p:D
  • UnforgivenUnforgiven Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    My daughter has ... she had a nasty deep graze on her arm and I was in the Chemists with her to buy a dressing for it. I had covered it with a homemade dressing to get there. I ripped it off for the pharmacist to see to judge what kind of dressing to get and she completely blacked out on me!!!! :p .. The staff all rushed around and put her into the recovery position ... she came too looking at a load of demijohns on the bottom shelf and thought she had gone mad :D. She has NEVER let me forget it to this day (it was about 8 years ago now!) :o

Edit: She also never allowed me to remove a plaster from her again :D
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So you can't breath fast and deep while unconscious?
  • Jimmy the GentJimmy the Gent Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A mate of mine went a bit unsteady when he was told that his mother had died. I was with him and had to get hold of him or he might have fallen. I sat him down.

It was like he'd been hit in the jaw.
  • pmbondpmbond Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No , but I've done it myself when my father was in hospital about 20 years ago , woke up in the bed next to him. Does that count?
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my schoolpals fainted after she saw the maths teacher give one of the boys the cane. Actually I can't remember if it was the cane or the slipper ( it WAS nearly 40 years ago ) but it was across the hand.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whn I was in university in our first practical dissection lab, three of the lads keeled right over. At the same time, it was like they'd all been shot.
    It was a bit gobsmacking to be honest. Well, for about five seconds, then the rest of us fell about laughing at them. Teenagers can be very cruel. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was under the impression you couldn't faint from shock, as the natural release of adrenaline?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw two men faint (and one throw up quite violently) during a post mortem. Us girls were still standing strong at the end. We never let them live it down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I witnessed my one of my sisters fainting after we were having a bit of am altercation and somehow a pair of scissors got introduced into the argument and the scissors ended up embedded in her foot after she dropped them. They were literally just sticking up out of her foot and there was blood everywhere. I can still remember in slow motion how she just suddenly without warning, dropped to the floor at an angle and almost knocked herself unconscious on the sideboard leg. We didn't play with scissors after that.