CBBC - Iain Stirling & Hacker T. Dog

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
Forum Member
✭✭
I have a secret....

A guilty pleasure if you will....

I record the CBBC channel in the morning and again in the early evening just to watch the fillers between each program (continuity links) presented by a scotish comedian and a talking dog. Me and the girlfriend then sit down each evening to catch up on all the hilarity that is meant for kids. I can reveal that I am 25 by the way! However every night without fail I am left in stitches by this comedic duo. I urge you all to check out the brilliance that is...

Iain Stirling & Hacker T. Dog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5WIhelZPA4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HSB-8Dw2IA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxMeMPvH3EU&feature=related

:D:D:D

Comments

• blightyearblightyear Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Yep, we're massive fans of Ian and Hacker in the blightyear household. I'd go as far as to say they're the best man + puppet presenting combination that children's telly has had as for a long long time.
    "But what does it meeeeeeeeeean?"
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    They are awesome....best thing since ed and oucho

dan and jeff are a bad memory best forgotten as is holly wlash and dunceton the brain
  • stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hurrah. I just wasted far too much time watching those two on Youtube :p
    I think I have a new crush ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blightyear wrote: »
    Yep, we're massive fans of Ian and Hacker in the blightyear household. I'd go as far as to say they're the best man + puppet presenting combination that children's telly has had as for a long long time.
    "But what does it meeeeeeeeeean?"
    Danslink wrote: »
    They are awesome....best thing since ed and oucho

dan and jeff are a bad memory best forgotten as is holly wlash and dunceton the brain
    stu0rt wrote: »
    Hurrah. I just wasted far too much time watching those two on Youtube :p
    I think I have a new crush ;)

Cheers for the comments folks. Glad to see it's not just me :D

'Pass the cow....I win!!!' :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    The song that they sang to Gary,Hacker"s pet plant,was comedy gold:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iain said last week that they will be doing a commentary of England v Scotland in the 5 nations rugby on the red button service this saturday. Does anyone know if this is true? :eek::confused::D
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scumbag Inverdale has just confirmed that the Hacker is a red-button option.

The BBC may have finally found a way to make Rugby Yawnion watchable!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can reveal that I am 25 by the way!

I think that's brilliant because i'm 24 and although iain and hacker are okay, i'm totally obsessed with ed and oucho :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was wrong! It's still unwatchable crap!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Holly Walsh and Dunceton a lot, but Iain's voice cracks me up (plus he's kinda cute) .

If only CBBC showed more good shows other than Sarah Jane in between the presenters...
  • Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holly and Dunceton from what I saw was patronising crap, it just seemed Holly Walsh didn't converse well to a CBBC audience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JoeNDM wrote: »

If only CBBC showed more good shows other than Sarah Jane in between the presenters...

Blue Peter is in good form at the moment. Helen is wonderful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooo fair enough, I haven't watched Blue Peter since Matt Baker left.

I think Dani/Tracy Beaker is on far too often, they really need some more original stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Hacker and Ian are Class...

Not since Philip Schofield and Gordon the Gopher has there been such a fantastic partnership,
    Cant wait to catch up on those utube vids, but I'm dissapointed with the rugby commentary.... its degenerated into the 'drivel' that the previous few partnerships have been guilty of .............................

definately need a dvd or prferably Bluray for the length.... with all the links one after the other....

Keep up the great work, but forget the Rugby ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hacker is doing a great job. He's called out this game for what it is a couple of times, and well done to him for calling BS on the Webb Ellis myth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smfan123 wrote: »
    I think that's brilliant because i'm 24 and although iain and hacker are okay, i'm totally obsessed with ed and oucho :D:D

cheers, i don't feel so silly now :D
    JoeNDM wrote: »
    I liked Holly Walsh and Dunceton a lot, but Iain's voice cracks me up (plus he's kinda cute) .

Yeah what is with the poor programs? Apart from Copycats that is!!! Sooooo funny.

Think i'm gona e-mail in to Iain & Hackers Lab-Lab this Friday with a picture of the effects of something on my 'faschcchh'. doubt i'll get it on TV but if you don't try right?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Hacker is 'away filming Scoop' for 'a few months' :mad:

And his replacement is ' Dodg' ' :mad:

Please, please, please bring him back soon. Did anyone see Hacker as a 'Yellow' Coat singing Cotton Eyed Joe?

"I am a professional........CURTAIN!!!!" "I will not leave!" lol awesome - comedy gold!!!! :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hacker and Dodge are both fantastic, as are Chris and Iain. I watch them on CBBC every day and I'm 38. I don't even have kids, so I have no excuse at all!
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big fans in the Lenitive house! My mum loves Hacker(-ella) and Dodge(-ina). In fact, I think she's quite obsessed :D
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iain is leaving CBBC next week. (On Friday 1st February).
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    Iain is leaving CBBC next week. (On Friday 1st February).

Saw it being announced and wept a little. They're so good together. :(
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    Lenitive wrote: »
    Saw it being announced and wept a little. They're so good together. :(

He'll still be appearing in the programmes though.