Is anyone else looking forward to Animal Crossing New Leaf?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
Forum Member
Or is it just me? :D

Comments

• SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or is it just me? :D

i havent played on my 3DSXL for months but animal crossing will change all that!!! can't wait!!! :D

(Luigis Mansion looks fantastic aswell!!!) ;)
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I am, but can anyone confirm that the awful animal tracks has been removed? I eventually abandoned my Wii version because of it.

And can you stop neighbours from leaving this time, like you could in Wild World?
  • 0lly0lly Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    I am, it looks like a lot of fun :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    i havent played on my 3DSXL for months but animal crossing will change all that!!! can't wait!!! :D

(Luigis Mansion looks fantastic aswell!!!) ;)

I just recently got a 3DS XL and it was in anticipation of this game. Which, incidentally was the reason I bought the original DS (for Wild World). :p

Luigi's Mansion does look fantastic! I thought the first one was very fun.

I really need to get a game to play in the meantime.
    No, I am, but can anyone confirm that the awful animal tracks has been removed? I eventually abandoned my Wii version because of it.

And can you stop neighbours from moving this time, like you could in Wild World?

Those tracks were awful weren't they? I'm pretty sure that that doesn't happen in New Leaf, thankfully.

You could stop neighbors from moving in City Folk but they would come up to you outside and tell you they were moving and then you could convince them not to move. I think you had up to a week to stop them but once they were inside with the boxes it was too late.

I think moving is similar to that in New Leaf as well.

If anyone wants to see gameplay footage then you should check out LinandKo's Channel on youtube. If you don't mind being spoiled.

I think this will be the best Animal Crossing game yet! Certainly better than City Folk anyway. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Those tracks were awful weren't they? I'm pretty sure that that doesn't happen in New Leaf, thankfully.

You could stop neighbors from moving in City Folk but they would come up to you outside and tell you they were moving and then you could convince them not to move. I think you had up to a week to stop them but once they were inside with the boxes it was too late.

I think moving is similar to that in New Leaf as well.

Thank goodness!

I never managed to get the neighbours to stay in that game, they were either all ready to move or simply left, which was massively frustrating as no amount of letter sending seemed to sway them otherwise.

I much prefer the Wild World way of catching them in their house and then persuading them not to go. In fact, I still play that version once a day to keep my town in order.

That's like 8 years of playing now I think:o And I still have Stitches there as my first neighbour.:D
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would be if I owned a 3DS! The DS game is part of my daily ritual!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Animal Crossing is begging to become a Wii U game. That huge controller would be perfect for this game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Wario wrote: »
    Animal Crossing is begging to become a Wii U game. That huge controller would be perfect for this game.

I remember playing animal crossing (online) with the good folks on digitalspy before they all left .... Fantastic times!!!! /nostalgia :cry:
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as much as i like Nintendo, i hope Tom Nook does one

cant stand it
  • omipaloneomipalone Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember playing animal crossing (online) with the good folks on digitalspy before they all left .... Fantastic times!!!! /nostalgia :cry:

Still here, fine sir, and looking forward to New Leaf with anticipation.

I stopped playing City Folk because of the "animal tracks" issue turning everything into brown sludge.

Still have a few photos from those days (although i cannot recall who on DS they were of) . . .

Photobucket link 1

Photobucket link 2
    Forum Member
    Thank goodness!

I never managed to get the neighbours to stay in that game, they were either all ready to move or simply left, which was massively frustrating as no amount of letter sending seemed to sway them otherwise.

I much prefer the Wild World way of catching them in their house and then persuading them not to go. In fact, I still play that version once a day to keep my town in order.

That's like 8 years of playing now I think:o And I still have Stitches there as my first neighbour.:D

I am glad as well!

I'm not sure if moving is exactly the same in New Leaf but I know they tell you they're moving when you're outside.

I really wish they would implement a system where you can keep the animals that you like permanently. Trying to keep the ones you like from moving all the time gets tedious.

Wow! I'm jealous! I kept my favorites but eventually I stopped playing everyday so they moved. :(

I'm still playing WW too. And Stitches is one of my favorites but Roald would probably take first place. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omipalone wrote: »

I stopped playing City Folk because of the "animal tracks" issue turning everything into brown sludge.

Still have a few photos from those days (although i cannot recall who on DS they were of) . . .

Photobucket link 1

Photobucket link 2

Such good fun!!! .... Met so many good people!!! :cool: (it's just a shame I lost contact with most of em when I got rid of my wii / DS) :(
    Forum Member
    Okay, so I just read that animal tracks are in New Leaf but that they aren't as bad as they are in City Folk.

I guess that's not unbearable. And another reason to have paths in your town.

Sorry for the misinformation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, so I just read that animal tracks are in New Leaf but that they aren't as bad as they are in City Folk.

I guess that's not unbearable. And another reason to have paths in your town.

Sorry for the misinformation.

Really? Aw nuts:( I had paths in CF but the thing I hated the most was not being able to run off them for fear of making everything wear away.

:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? Aw nuts:( I had paths in CF but the thing I hated the most was not being able to run off them for fear of making everything wear away.

:(

Apparently it's less problematic than in City Folk according to these users . . .

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50570/t1794692-grass-wear-truth/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently it's less problematic than in City Folk according to these users . . .

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/50570/t1794692-grass-wear-truth/

It's a shame they didn't give the chance to turn it off completely. I might wait on this game now until more people have had a go at it.
    Forum Member
    It's a shame they didn't give the chance to turn it off completely. I might wait on this game now until more people have had a go at it.

Nothing could stop me from playing this game ASAP :D, but I understand your reluctance. Especially if it bothered you in City Folk. It didn't really bother me in that game, though I agree it made the town ugly

I am glad to know that it doesn't happen as easily and that paths do keep it from happening (unlike City Folk). Also, I think there is fertilizer or something to regrow grass. At least that's what I gathered from that link.

And you can decorate your town so much, whereas before you only had flowers and trees, that I don't know how noticeable it would be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing could stop me from playing this game ASAP :D, but I understand your reluctance. Especially if it bothered you in City Folk. It didn't really bother me in that game, though I agree it made the town ugly

I am glad to know that it doesn't happen as easily and that paths do keep it from happening (unlike City Folk). Also, I think there is fertilizer or something to regrow grass. At least that's what I gathered from that link.

And you can decorate your town so much, whereas before you only had flowers and trees, that I don't know how noticeable it would be.

I think you might have talked me back into it;):D
    Forum Member
    I think you might have talked me back into it;):D

Haha! I didn't think I could but I'm glad if I did! :D Well, if the game is as good as it looks anyway. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Photobucket link 1

Photobucket link 2

I'm still here too :) Although I played more WW online than CF, there were a few odd people from here playing CF and I preferred the old gang from WW :D I still read through the old WW thread on here from time to time.

Can't wait for NL, been waiting nearly 3 years for it!

Omipalone, I think that possibly could be me with the pink hair in your photos, I know I did look like that at some point!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    poppycat wrote: »
    I'm still here too :) Although I played more WW online than CF, there were a few odd people from here playing CF and I preferred the old gang from WW :D I still read through the old WW thread on here from time to time.

Can't wait for NL, been waiting nearly 3 years for it!

Omipalone, I think that possibly could be me with the pink hair in your photos, I know I did look like that at some point!

I think you may be right :cool: Looking forward to getting it myself & actually starting to properly use my 3DS XL for something other than constantly playing (and replaying) Ocarina of Time :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you may be right :cool: Looking forward to getting it myself & actually starting to properly use my 3DS XL for something other than constantly playing (and replaying) Ocarina of Time :o

Couldn't agree more!!! ... I haven't switched on my 3DSXL since professor Layton hit the shelves!!! :o ... We all should exchange codes in preparation lol :D
  • gorsewaygirlgorsewaygirl Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Would love to share codes in preparation :) I bought a 3DS when it was launched in anticipation for this game and seem to have waited forever. June 14th can't come quick enough for me. I bought City Folk but just didn't have enough time to really play it. I feel this game suits the hand held better as it really is a game that you need to drop in and out of at different times of the day and night to get the most out of it. My only problem is deciding whether to buy it in a shop or download it. It will be played so often it might be better if it was a download so I will always have it with me. What is everyone else going to do?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would love to share codes in preparation :) I bought a 3DS when it was launched in anticipation for this game and seem to have waited forever. June 14th can't come quick enough for me. I bought City Folk but just didn't have enough time to really play it. I feel this game suits the hand held better as it really is a game that you need to drop in and out of at different times of the day and night to get the most out of it. My only problem is deciding whether to buy it in a shop or download it. It will be played so often it might be better if it was a download so I will always have it with me. What is everyone else going to do?

im gonna download ... so it never leaves my 3DSXL! :D
    Forum Member

I totally agree. There's something about Animal Crossing being on a handheld device that seems to suit it better. Though the Gamecube version might've been the best, Wild World had more replayability.

I would buy either but I sort of like the idea of having the physical copy. :)
This discussion has been closed.