Bernie Nolan - cancer return

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    According to the Mirror piece it's spread to her brain, bones, lungs and liver. :(

She's such a trouper to be carrying on. I do admire her.

It must have spread through the lymp nodes I expect .My mam when she had breast cancer had the lymp gland removed .Sad news.
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Bernie, she is such a lovely lady.
    I'm very sorry to hear the news but hey, she is so positive and I admire her for that, it does help so much.
    Best wishes to her, hope as she says, who knows, there could be a cure around the corner, hope so.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    herejohno wrote: »
    I wonder if her cancer spread into the lymph nodes,,, Best of luck Bernie stay strong.

Brain lungs and liver and bones. One of those is bad enough but all four is just awful.
  • welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    so sad and she got a young daughter
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such horrible news, I couldn't even imagine being so strong in her position. :(
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, double post.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    Brain lungs and liver and bones. One of those is bad enough but all four is just awful.
    Im no doc but if it travels through the nodes then it can get anywhere, perhaps Bernie will need chemo regular to stop the cancer turning into tumours, I know someone who has non hodgkins lymphoma, I dont know if that correct spelling.Lets hope it stays dominant and treatable if not curable.
  • squirts mumsquirts mum Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a member of my extended family in the same position. I presume Bernie will be being treated in the same way with targeted radiotherapy, blood transfusions and hormone treatment. It certainly is helping our family member, but we know if she picks anything else up it could very quickly be the end. Hope Bernie stays well and my love and prayers are with her and her family.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always liked Bernie, but terrible news for her and her family especially after already defeating it once so recently (although if it has returned and has already spread, the chances are she didn't get rid of it completely in the first place). I really admire her positivity- both this time and last time. There is no way I could be that positive in her situation, especially after recently losing a family member 5 days after diagnosis. I really hope they manage to contain it.

The one line in her article that I particularly liked was her saying she isn't dying with it, shes living with it. Not a fan of The Nolans in general and I know they've postponed their tour, but I hope she manage to play it and I'm sure she will.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,686
    Forum Member
    Sad news. Saw Bernie in the Chicago the musical tour earlier this year and she was really good in her role of Mamma Morton.
  • thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful story in today's Mirror about her home being burgled as she was in a hospice. I didn't realise that her cancer was at that stage.

Poor Bernie
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Bernie, such an awful thing to happen. These people are lowlifes of the worst kind. :(

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bernie-nolan-cancer-stricken-stars-home-1781526
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful story in today's Mirror about her home being burgled as she was in a hospice. I didn't realise that her cancer was at that stage.

Poor Bernie

Sad news, didnt realize that Bernie is in a hospice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Poor Bernie

No I didn't and I am genuinely sad to reads it. I know they said it was incurable, so I thought "that's not good" but thought she would have more time.
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear... awful story to read in the Mirror today. Terrible to hear of the break in, but just overwhelmed to see confirmation that Bernie seems to be in her last days. The poor girl..... a wonderful person, her poor husband and daughter must be going through a dreadful time. I remember her particularly not only for her years with the Nolans, but her stint on Popstar to Opera star seemed to be a wonderful experience for her... she shone every week on that show and her joy every week when she sang was so obvious.

I hope whatever time is left to her is as peaceful as can be.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    Oh dear... awful story to read in the Mirror today. Terrible to hear of the break in, but just overwhelmed to see confirmation that Bernie seems to be in her last days. The poor girl..... a wonderful person, her poor husband and daughter must be going through a dreadful time. I remember her particularly not only for her years with the Nolans, but her stint on Popstar to Opera star seemed to be a wonderful experience for her... she shone every week on that show and her joy every week when she sang was so obvious.

I hope whatever time is left to her is as peaceful as can be.

She was absolutely brilliant in that. I hope that her husband and daughter haven't told her about the break in.
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope the *********** who stole get karma straight back at him/her/them
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Whoever it was will get their comeuppance one day.:(
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Desperately sad news. Glad to hear she is in a hospice as they can really help her with pain control and they will also support her poor husband and daughter. They are a wonderful organisation and I know, when my time comes, I would be grateful to go into a hospice. I wish there were enoough places for all the people who need them. Poor woman, my heart goes out to Bernie as she has been such a fighter and done everything in her power to beat cancer.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the Mirror article, it looks like she's back home for now. A lot of Hospices do outreach work, now, where they can support people if they want to spend their remaining time at home. Have only just read about the break-in and how Bernie's condition has deteriorated so fast. Am so sad for her and her family, especially her husband, Steve and daughter, Erin. At least they will always have someone to be immensely proud of. I hope Bernie isn't suffering too much and just hope, also, that she finds peace if the situation is as bad as they say it is.

As for the burglars, I just don't want to waste time on commenting. Worthless individuals.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its bad enough for her and her family that she is dying but when you have low life scum breaking into your home. I hope they find the scum and chuck them in prison.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope they do. Despicable human beings.

So very sad to hear Bernie was in a hospice at the time.
  • zummigummizummigummi Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    I feel so bad for her young teenage daughter, must be hell seeing your mother dying before your eyes and being helpless to stop it. :(

I also hope Coleen takes notice as last year when in Celeb BB she was smoking like a chimney.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but do some of the Nolan sisters not talk to one another for some reason?

If this is correct, I do hope all have made their peace before the end.