The Queen of British Pop.

167891012»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    OMG please dont tell me Madonna...i have a strong feeling its her but i HATE HER MUSIC!

Whitney houston is amazing (R.I.P) but the british queen???

Thats a hard one...who would i call the british queen...an amazing gay guy? :\
  • kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Two questions:
    1. Are you counting albums and singles?
    2. Did you buy upwards of 25% of those copies?

1. Yes.
    2. I don't need to buy the records, sweetie! I get given them for PR purposes ;)
  • BlomkvistBlomkvist Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a wind up?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geri will perform her first release in eight years, Half of Me, at the Grand Final of the National Rugby League on October 3rd on the Nine Network.

The track will then be released through Sony Music Australia on October 25th.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    Geri would be incredibly lucky starting a pop career now as she's in her 40's. Considering she hasn't released an album since 2005 it's going to be impossible for her to reach the top 40. It's really tough. Beside's she's need a good strong record company behind her to invest in her? I'm sure she's without a label right now.

Sony. :D
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still bleating on to yourself Kenny? How sad that Geri's staffers don't have anything better to do these days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    kenny12 wrote: »
    Well she sold 15 Million records as a solo singer so..

Just checked the offical records. She sold 3.5 million albums. Her most popular song is "its rainning men"; which is a cover.

Sorry everyone.......she is no legend.
    Forum Member
    I think the top 3 Queens of British Pop from the last few years are;

1) Adele
    2) Ellie Goulding
    3) Jessie J

All Brits Choice Award winners funnily enough

Jessie J hasn't achieved anything. Nor has she added to music. Her songs are just generic tripe.

Besides, winning awards means nothing. Didn't Mr Blobby win one as well.

Sade has sold more than all of them......without the fan fair.
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie J hasn't achieved anything. Nor has she added to music. Her songs are just generic tripe.

Besides, winning awards means nothing. Didn't Mr Blobby win one as well.

Sade has sold more than all of them......without the fan fair.

Sade is a group, just named after the lead singer.

The groups done amazingly well in America, I read somewhere that they have sold 50m + units.
    Forum Member
    Sade is a group, just named after the lead singer.

The groups done amazingly well in America, I read somewhere that they have sold 50m + units.

Ooohhhh.

Yeah, their tour in 2012 did better than Adele.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Still bleating on to yourself Kenny? How sad that Geri's staffers don't have anything better to do these days.

Just letting all those people who were saying that Geri would never get a major record deal backing her new music know that I can officially reveal she has signed with Sony Music Australia. :)

As for me still bleating on, make the most of it as the AGT live shows are starting shortly and you will surely all miss me. ;)
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just letting all those people who were saying that Geri would never get a major record deal backing her new music know that I can officially reveal she has signed with Sony Music Australia. :)

Australia may be big...but it's only populated round the edges ;)
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,980
    Forum Member

As for me still bleating on, make the most of it as the AGT live shows are starting shortly and you will surely all miss me. ;)

You sure about that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You sure about that?

OH Hollie, you know you'll miss me really.

October -

Exciting, exciting, exciting.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GH is clearly not the 'Queen of British Pop', so continuing to use this thread for free publicity for her is disingenuous and smacks of desperation. Please get a GH appreciation thread, kenny12, and stop luring people here under false pretences! Unless of course you don't think she warrants an appreciation thread or couldn't attract sufficient interest under such a heading???!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That should be 'could' attract!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, I see that today's earlier posts have been removed/deleted. Fair enough.