Trollied Series 2

Comments

• glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I watched the first series and found it very hit and miss. Some bits were funny, but rarely laugh out loud funny, and some of it didn't raise a smile. The new series however was brilliant. I was in hysterics throughout both episodes. The weakest character for me is Jane Horrocks. She annoys me. I absolutely love the two girls behind the tannoy. and the rude checkout girl. Stephanie Beecham was brilliant too. Can't wait for Ep 3 :D
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is the product placement, ALL the items in the shop or do they feature certain brands that they have paid to advertise?

Just the Spontex products.
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinman wrote: »
    Did that security guard use to be in Bread?

He was Gary's mate in good night sweetheart as well. Can't believe that he's managed to put on even more weight since then.
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrMarple wrote: »
    Loved it. SB was (as always) fantastic. Kieron still as gorgeous as ever. Started to panic in ep 1 when Katie was nowhere to be seen (and not mentioned either), so was delighted to see her back in ep 2. Lovely understated story between her and Kieron IMO.

Kieron is serious hot stuff! :eek:

One of the hottest guys I've seen on telly in a while ... :o
  • tigraboitigraboi Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I am loving the sweary, northern Stephanie Beacham - totally fabulous. My favourite character and some of the best-delivered lines though has to be Margaret on the deli counter "shitcake mushrooms" anyone?! pmsl
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I can't remember most of their names, but when the checkout girl talk about opening her 'diary' I was in stitches. I can't believe how much better the show was, have they employed new writers? Serious question.
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying the new series but I preferred Jane Horrocks' character in series 1. She seems to be a bit overwritten in this series and instead of just coming across as a bit sad she actually looks demented.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did you think of last night's one ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Margaret and Lorraine. Julie has been changed totally now, not enjoying her any more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thoroughly enjoyed Trollied again last night.

Stephanie Beacham is marvellous.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I think Stephanie is an absolute breath of fresh air and just what the show needed. Good comedy needs extreme grotesque characters like Lorraine - when I say grotesque, I don't necessarily mean physically so, but personality-wise, so it gives the writers something to get their teeth in to. I think that's what was missing from the first series, which is why it felt a bit underwhelming in comparison to series 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just remembered Lorraine's comment about Kieran's bum:

"I could spend hours on that ..."

:D:D:D I really did laugh out loud at that and I share her sentiment :o:o
  • Bonesy84Bonesy84 Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    It's great better than series one :)
  • Bonesy84Bonesy84 Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    i burst out laughing when Lorraine came into the store said she got shit faced the night before :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    For me this line was one of the best from Episode 2, when Julie asked Katie how she was enjoying working on the kiosk and said 'a step up from working on the tills'. Now if you don't or have never worked in a supermarket that will mean nothing to you, but if you have, you'll understand what I mean
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone recall the terrific line Stephanie Beacham had as she was clocking off? It's was something like 'I'm off out tonight. Someone's being lying about me; I have to go and sort them out'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp312 wrote: »
    For me this line was one of the best from Episode 2, when Julie asked Katie how she was enjoying working on the kiosk and said 'a step up from working on the tills'. Now if you don't or have never worked in a supermarket that will mean nothing to you, but if you have, you'll understand what I mean

Forgot about this bit but it's so true!

I started on checkouts at a supermarket with a very similar uniform to Valco, worked my way to kiosk and then onto the customer service desk.

The kiosk was like its own little world and the women (and it was only women in the one I worked at) who worked it did the kiosk and nothing else. It was only on a Saturday evening when there was a big queue for the lottery that 'outsiders' could ever get a chance to have a go :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonesy84 wrote: »
    i burst out laughing when Lorraine came into the store said she got shit faced the night before :D:D

I wonder how Iceland have taken to her being characterised as a former manager at one of their stores :D

No publicity's bad publicity and all that ... ;)
  • CatWolfCatWolf Posts: 2,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ep 3 was just brilliant. Its a genuinely great series and if Andy the Butcher does not win an award for this I will be amazed. katie and keiron is the best unrequited love since dawn and tim
  • CatWolfCatWolf Posts: 2,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kieron to Andy: "where are all the women in your life?"

Andy: "There are Loads of women in my life..you should see my address book, its like a who's who of people I know"
  • tigraboitigraboi Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Episode 3 was v funny. Stephanie Beacham as a hard-faced northerner is absolutely genius - I've never actually thought she was that great an actress but she has totally brought the character of Lorraine to life brilliantly. It's fantastic hearing her swear ha ha
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why does the store seem to close at 6pm?:confused:
    I know it's not 'real' but that just irritates me, do they close on Wednesday afternoons as well?:confused::o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CatWolf wrote: »
    Kieron to Andy: "where are all the women in your life?"

Andy: "There are Loads of women in my life..you should see my address book, its like a who's who of people I know"

It's a god job I'm wearing my corset for I fear my sides have split :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    Why does the store seem to close at 6pm?:confused:
    I know it's not 'real' but that just irritates me, do they close on Wednesday afternoons as well?:confused::o

I was wondering whether it was open 24 hours or not.

They really should do a nightshift episode :D

I started on nights at ASDA ... the things that go on even shocked me :eek:
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp312 wrote: »
    Very funny programme, as a manager of a supermarket I can relate to it very much, in fact I can see so many of my staff in the characters! A must watch for anyone who works in that sort of environment
    I worked for Sainsburys as a student and my wife worked for them for many years as a HR manager, and we've managed to match every character with someone we worked with (often several). :D

"Why is it always the bakers?" was one of my wives comments. It's as if the unsocial hours attract a certain type of character. :D

The Butchers view on the Bakers standing was pretty accurate too. :p