The "UNKNOWN" Factor - Auditions

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
Forum Member
Join us here tonight at 6:30 when the first batch of auditionee's will sing for the judges.

Comments

• SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So 15 minutes after my show starts, this is gonna be interesting. ;)

But I'll be sure to catch up with this after my show is done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    Can I audition or do I have to email you first?
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I audition or do I have to email you first?

It's not actual people auditioning, it's people submitting Voice and XF contestants :p
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just listened to the audition tapes for the first audition show and let me tell you, there are going to be fireworks tonight over a few of these! :D
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will be interesting to see how our points of view differ, in relation to me I know exactly what I want from the artist, and if they don't have it no point in saying YES to them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    I can't wait to see all the opinions and to actually see if any judge will get their first team member tonight or will most of the acts be sent home or into the review category for the pitch section
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    I thought this was gonna give us clips of unseen auditions:o...
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »
    It's not actual people auditioning, it's people submitting Voice and XF contestants :p

Sorry, that's what I meant
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, that's what I meant

I think Steve has already put all the audition shows together
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Isn't there a few shows of these auditions? Not just tonight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't there a few shows of these auditions? Not just tonight

Yes, there are 5 audition shows actually. No dates have been set except for tonight's though...
    Forum Member

Can't he just squeeze one in???
    Forum Member
    Good evening DS forum and welcome along to the first audition show of The “UNKNOWN” Factor Battle of the Globe. Over the last week or so members of the forum have been submitting various acts from different shows across the globe to become contestants in this show. All 100 of those acts have now been sorted into audition shows and are ready to sing to the judges. If you are not sure of how the show will run please check out the launch link

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1788349

So without further ado I think its time that we kick this fantastic show off by welcoming all of your judges to the stage. So folks please give it up for the fantastic four

BARRY_CLARKE
    JACKEL1234
    UNCLEKEVO
    ENDOFSANITY

So judges can you please confirm your prescence so we can get started as our 20 auditionee’s are sitting backstage very nervous and want to get this show on the road :p.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm here and I can't wait to hear the first batch of auditionees! Maybe we'll even meet our eventual winner today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im here the contestant's and judges better be ready!
    Forum Member
    Great Jack has told me that he will be a little bit late tonight but I have the first batch of his comments. I also have Kevins's comments as he isnt able to post them tonight. So judges that means its time to get started.

So judges make sure you listen carefully as I welcome Contestant 1 to the stage
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stC_W2jp-D0
    Forum Member
    Kevin's comment

I really like your voice, it’s quirky, it’s intriguing and it’s light, I think you would fit very much into the Indie Pop category and I think we would have plenty of room to mentor you because your tone is also slightly soulful so I think you would be able to do a variety of styles and genres, it was a really good performance, good job! – Yes

Jack's comment

Hmm I quite like your voice. It has this very interesting theatrical quality to it but it doesn’t exactly sound theatre it sounds a lot like the pop singer Jake Shears. I think the vocal gymnastics were nicely controlled and I think with the right mentor you go quite far in this competition. I am going to say yes to you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CONTESTANT 1:- Congrats in being the first contestant. I am going to be a judge which goes a lot on that first instinct in whether I want an act or not. For me your audition wasn’t particularly unique, and I wasn’t moved in any way. It was at a constant pace, and to me your no very different or offer very much unique, therefore for me it is a NO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Contestant 1
    Welcome to the show, you did a great job opening it. I liked this performance. You actually have a great voice which could be used in a variety of ways. I don't think I would be the best mentor for you though, so therefore it's a NO from me.
    Forum Member
    As a reminder to the judges I will only reveal the contestants identity if they receive just 1 yes from you four or four no's. If they are placed in the review category then their identity will remain a secret.

With 2 of the judges wanting you on their teams, Contestant 1 has now been placed into the review category.

Now we move on and welcome to the stage Contestant 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e83nSgNWd8g
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Contestant 3
    A song sang in the French language, very interesting. However, it doesn't matter how impressive and unique your vocal(s) are if they fail to give me a clear indication of what you might be able to do with English songs. For that reason alone, I'm going to have to say NO.
    Forum Member
    Kevins Comment

Hey, you have good voices, I mean, you are clearly talented but I’m slightly confused as you’re singing in another language which makes it difficult for me to feel anything from the performance. I don’t think I’ll be able to mentor you effectively unfortunately. – No

Jacks comment

I like how you decided to sing in your own language as it gives off this sexy vibe and your voices together sound really nice. Slight criticism, when you were singing the softer parts of the song at the start your voices were both very breathy which I found slightly annoying but then when you started to properly show off your voices I was impressed. Yes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CONTESTANT 3:- That was incredibly distinct and original I applaud you for that, it was an interesting audition, and you would be a different contestant for the show. I am just one judge, however I need to pick people that I could see myself being able to mentor and fight for. For me I think I couldn't get the best out of you, so for that reason it is a NO.
    Forum Member
    So with only Jack wanting to take Contestant 3 through, we have the first member of Team Jack. So Jack please say hello to the first member of your team
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See, that was exactly what I meant. I would probably have said yes if they sang an English song.