The Daily Pwice

Comments

• jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    Oh for goodness sake,one person's snidey is another person's humour. It isn't Question Time,it's a show known for filth and self deprecating humour.Holly & Fearn get ripped to bits constantly week after week over their boobs & nostrils respectively & just roll their eyes & get on with it. Even when Holly was pregnant 'Keith' presented her with a babygrow with huge boobs on the front & it was taken in good fun by her .Then Fearn's pregnancy was the butt of 'Keith's' humour as well . Why should KP be treated any different ?She is only special & tip-toed round in her own little circle of hangers-on & in her own mind. Outside of that she is just another has-been z-lister . Spenser Mathews is a fool & his opinion has never been taken seriously on anything.From the pathetic Made In Chelsea he went on to single-handedly trash The Bachelor with his stupid insincere 'sincerity' about "finding a true love" when it was public knowledge he was in a relationship with another Sloan ranger during the whole shebang.At least we could laugh at Gavin Henson doing it,but Mathews was taking the proverbial .So why on earth does anyone think he was relevant on CJ ? Why would KP care ? She has a big gob & is quick enough to use it on her show.
    The fact is that KP was invited on there in the hope that she'd lash out at others (call it snidey or call it humour) but all she could rustle up were the usual digs at the usual people(her exes).It seems she isn't so vocal in face to face situations & her sarcasm and trashing people can only be done from the relative safety of Magazine shoots & interviews ,plus her column.Holly was actually very ladylike toward her despite KP publicly mocking Holly's dress sense in the past by labeling it 'mumsy' in an interview.
    Yes she most certainly did look awkward,but she wasn't poked at any more than other guests on there.If anything it was less.No point in poking a piece of wood really.
    She sat there looking awkward with most of the humour going over her head entirely. Why did she do it? She has no humour in her & can't indulge in witty repartee. Anyway it's irrelevant now since she won't be getting invited back on.;)
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spencer Matthews.....Made in Chelsea & The Bachelor

I've watched neither of these shows, but was aware of his reputation, which proceeded him.

Thanks for that. I may go have a google just to see this 'catastrophe' although I suspect that KP will turn out to have been perfectly ok and not the exaggerated wooden humourless disaster she's being made out to be here and what I'm reading is just the usual subjective take on her....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what you get when you treat people like shite on the way up. And then continue to do it on your way down. Live by the sword and all that.
    Forum Member
    Fizgig wrote: »
    That's what you get when you treat people like shite on the way up. And then continue to do it on your way down. Live by the sword and all that.

This ^^^.
    I can't fathom why people expect a woman who constantly ridicules & criticises others to be given kid gloves treatment on a show known for micky-taking ALL their guests. A show where even the team captains get regularly lampooned & where no-one is exempt,not even the occasional big names who have graced it.
    The fact remains that KP can dish it out from a safe distance,but is more or less struck dumb when it comes to face to face repartee & needing to think on her feet in witty (or snidey if you opt for that description ) company.
    I don't doubt for a minute Mathews would be considered snidey....he is that type. But KP is reknowned for her own acid tongue and had she used her brain (I know,strange concept to her) then she had oodles of ammo to chuck back at Mathews after his diabolical shows & dodgy pretend romances.
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well quite.....I wonder if she was that uncomfortable it perhaps gave her food for thought regarding her own abusive, obnoxious, unacceptable,ignorant,bullying manner :rolleyes:
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well quite.....I wonder if she was that uncomfortable it perhaps gave her food for thought regarding her own abusive, obnoxious, unacceptable,ignorant,bullying manner :rolleyes:

But surely that would involve a little bit of self awareness and empathy which have never been her strong points
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange though that Keith Lemon's comments about banning KP from Celebrity Juice were made public several weeks ago, and now being rehashed in that magazine. Viewing figures down then Keith?

Nah, the good news is worth repeating....:eek::eek:
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viewing figures down then Keith?

I don't think the show is rating too badly at the moment...

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/news/a365109/celebrity-juice-becomes-itv2s-most-watched-show-ever.html
    Forum Member
    I'd put money on them rising more, now that Kelly is on board.
    Fearn is a nice enough girl,but Kelly is a stunner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    janna wrote: »
    I'd put money on them rising more, now that Kelly is on board.
    Fearn is a nice enough girl,but Kelly is a stunner.

The only reason Kelly is being talked about lately is over the row with Katie Price and hopefully she will fade back into obscurity, or is pictured with the latest boyfriend.

Fearn is bright and articulate and Kelly is not:D I doubt viewers are tuning into Lemon's awful show because of the panels looks.
  • tsarinatsarina Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    The only reason Kelly is being talked about lately is over the row with Katie Price and hopefully she will fade back into obscurity, or is pictured with the latest boyfriend.

Fearn is bright and articulate and Kelly is not:D I doubt viewers are tuning into Lemon's awful show because of the panels looks.

Kelly has always been talked about, nothing to do with KP's comments.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    bunny55 wrote: »

Kelly actually is talked about quite a lot, seems to get tons of work, and is quite liked.

Let's be real, NONE of the viewers of Lemon's show tune in for articulate and intellectual conversations. The guests and hosts just have to be able to laugh at themselves, be able to sit through sexist crude jokes, and provide some laughs, and they will be loved.Oh, and looking hot will not hurt either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member

You forgot to mention the time the article was published :confused:

Would be interesting to see what the CURRENT ratings are!
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The week ending March 10th Celebrity Juice got 1.98 million viewers apparently. Number one in the list of other stations, so it's doing pretty well for an ITV2 programme.

http://www.barb.co.uk/viewing/weekly-top-30?_s=4
  • ValentinaVargasValentinaVargas Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep, noticed too that it was an article from last year :cool:

Never thought a throwaway comment would cause such a reaction eh ;)

Looking at Celebrity Juice's viewing figures from 2012 it would appear from the Autumn series it peaked at 2.50million down to 1.90million. In the Spring series it peaked at 2.65million down to 2.12million.

So far in 2013, this series started off with 2.16million down to 1.98million on the 10th March.

Celebrity Juice has always taken the top spot on 'Others Section' in BARB when on, with the exception of course when Sport takes that No 1.
  • ValentinaVargasValentinaVargas Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, the good news is worth repeating....:eek::eek:

A little bit like Leigh Francis and the character he created Keith Lemon and the tired old jokes you mean ;) Déjà vu :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    I think most people would class "early stages" as being less than 12 weeks. I find it unbelievable that someone who has history of miscarriages would continue to take part in show jumping whilst pregnant, but even more shocking to carry on after falling off whilst at the early stages, yet she claims to be scared to death that she will miscarry :confused: I know what im thinking.

I know what I'm thinking too. How irresponsible can you get? She does have a history of miscarriages; she blamed herself for her behaviour when pregnant with Harvey since she thought she was responsible for his disabilities (and I'm not convinced her constant drinking and partying etc didn't contribute to his problems); so why now does she put herself and her unborn baby at risk yet again?
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what I'm thinking too. How irresponsible can you get? She does have a history of miscarriages; she blamed herself for her behaviour when pregnant with Harvey since she thought she was responsible for his disabilities (and I'm not convinced her constant drinking and partying etc didn't contribute to his problems); so why now does she put herself and her unborn baby at risk yet again?

Harvey's disabilities are GENETIC .. A mother with a child with disabilities often feels guilty enough with out such mean comments said to them.. And yes I have personal experience of people saying that type of thing about a disabled childs mother
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So you know better than Harvey's doctors?
    Clearly you're wasting your time commenting on here - you should be out berating the mothers of disabled children for their "irresponsibility".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you know better than Harvey's doctors?
    Clearly you're wasting your time commenting on here - you should be out berating the mothers of disabled children for their "irresponsibility".

I think the same as you.. using her sons disability to have a go at a mother is low as far as I'm concerned..
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because quite frankly she's a selfish cow.

And I agree about that poor boys problems. She was pictured lots of times wasted when pregnant with Harvey. KP is not going to admit it was down to her own selfish behaviour that may have contributed. Of course she won't. To the same token if she had a riding accident and her baby suffered, she would never admit that either.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, it is a genetic problem that Harvey suffers from. It's not down to drugs or foetal alcohol syndrome. It's downright bad luck that she had a child with these problems and it could happen to anyone.

Doesn't stop me thinking she's a poor excuse in her everyday mothering though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    Because quite frankly she's a selfish cow.

And I agree about that poor boys problems. She was pictured lots of times wasted when pregnant with Harvey. KP is not going to admit it was down to her own selfish behaviour that may have contributed. Of course she won't. To the same token if she had a riding accident and her baby suffered, she would never admit that either.

Because Harvey's condition is NOTHING to do with anything but genetics?. Blaming a mother for a child's disabilities are disgusting..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because Harvey's condition is NOTHING to do with anything but genetics?. Blaming a mother for a child's disabilities are disgusting..

It is a condition that causes gene malformations, but that doesn't make it neccessarily genetic

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2987262/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a condition that causes gene malformations, but that doesn't make it neccessarily genetic

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2987262/

Again I'm not getting into a debate.. I'm mearly pointing out Harveys condition is genetic and has been well documented as so .. Attacking a mother by using her child's disabilities is cheap and IMO unacceptable..
This discussion has been closed.