Comments

• Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    More snow?! :cry:
    So they reckon.
    UK Outlook for Sunday 10 Mar 2013 to Tuesday 19 Mar 2013:
    Unsettled and mostly cloudy at first with occasional rain in many places, most persistent across eastern Scotland and, later, in southwestern areas. Some snow is likely across the higher ground of Scotland. Generally rather windy, so feeling quite chilly, especially in the wetter areas. Turning colder in northern areas through Monday with an increasing risk of snow falling to lower-levels later. From Tuesday, much colder conditions look like developing nationwide with overnight frost returning. Snow showers increasingly affecting northern and eastern regions and perhaps coastal areas further west. There may also be some more general rain, sleet or hill snow further south, with a risk of snow falling to lower-levels across central Britain at times. Signals are that it may gradually become drier and less cold the week after next.
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/#?tab=regionalForecast
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,224
    Forum Member
    How did 'Comic Relief Does Glee Club' on CBBC yesterday do?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »

Consolidated for ep 2 not out till next Monday. :)

Ep 1 (Sun 24/02, 18:15) - Overnight: 653k (2.9%) / 685k (3.0%), consolidating to 673k (2.9%) / 706k (3.0%)
    * repeat 1 (Mon 25/02, 19:00) - Overnight: 327k (1.4%) / 372.5k (1.6%)
    * repeat 2 (Sat 02/03, 12:45) - Overnight: 152k (1.9%) / 175k (2.2%)

Ep 2 (Sun 03/03, 17:45) - Overnight: 642k (3.1%) / 679k (3.25%)

Good retention in the overnights for episode 2 despite an earlier start, and it earns a higher share as a result. Still fairly low but I don't know what Channel 5 would have realistically expected. At least it's not collapsed. I wonder if it would actually benefit if it aired directly after Time Team finished, rather than 20 minutes later?
    /QUOTE]

Thanks :) These figures look alright to me. As you said, its retaining its audience well.
  • Options
    rivkinrivkin Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    glad itv back on form and moved far away from the likes of love island and tv naughtiest blunders. about time the licence funded bbc had a strong rival again after all this time force them to pull there socks up and not just roll out anything and still win ratings as has been the case against a weak itv of past years and no real rival at all!

hope itv sticks to investing in new drama that costs lots to make but reeps rewards in terms of ratings and sales abroad and moves away from the trash of 1999 up to 2012!!!
  • Options
    Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,763
    Forum Member
    Broadchurch did well but in line with expectations. Will be interesting to see how it holds up next week.

Mayday suffered a lot but if it stays at that level for the following episodes its by no means a disaster.
  • Options
    Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,763
    Forum Member
    rivkin wrote: »
    glad itv back on form and moved far away from the likes of love island and tv naughtiest blunders. about time the licence funded bbc had a strong rival again after all this time force them to pull there socks up and not just roll out anything and still win ratings as has been the case against a weak itv of past years and no real rival at all!

hope itv sticks to investing in new drama that costs lots to make but reeps rewards in terms of ratings and sales abroad and moves away from the trash of 1999 up to 2012!!!
    One relatively successful drama launch and suddenly ITV have turned around from their 13 year dip!
  • Options
    rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    Yeah. Looks like there was a massive +1 audience. A very good start for it overall I think.

Mayday lived up to its name and crashed to 4.3m, down nearly 2m on its launch.

Has any drama been a ratings success across 4 or 5 nights since Torchwood Children of Earth?
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21659549

Man Utd v Real Madrid: 'The world will stop to watch'- Jose Mourinho
    Mayday! Mayday!
    How many viewers are you expecting for this big game? 8million average?
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »

15m peak?

18m?

Any more?
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    15m peak?

18m?

Any more?

7.1 million. 4.3 million for Mayday. Not EVERYONE in the world give a hoot about bloody Man Utd. They are not the be all and end all, even if they and their fans think they are.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,224
    Forum Member
    isn't 15m pushing it? ITV haven't had success with matches recently so 7m seems realistic - though I'd like to be pleasantly surprised.
  • Options
    mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i will be watching mayday tonight lol couldn't give 2 hoots about Man U :)
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    I cant find the original quote to post it but some of RS remarks are priceless :D
    :D
    Me neither.

But I was distracted after Pammie skated into what must be a much warmer skate arena than I was hoping it would be...

Servalan wrote: »
    The big new dramas pending are The Village - already being trailed - and The White Queen.
    Also in March, Syndicate and Lady Vanishes on BBC One, and Foyle's Cold War on ITV (1).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The credits for Broadchurch where not using the typical black background! Made a lovely change!

The text was still same as usual, but the background was moving footage of the coastline.

Now makes me question even more why more shows don't get personal end credits, especially the soaps! The rebrand would have been a brilliant chance to do this.
  • Options
    mlt11mlt11 Posts: 21,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    I know it's the ratings thread but the battle between BBC1 and ITV is over

I'm not sure if the BBC and ITV know however. They still seem to be fighting, like some in this thread.

I'm sure BBC and ITV both understand the position very well.

If ITV was actually bothered about winning more "ratings battles" it wouldn't be cutting another £15m off its programme budget in 2013 when it could easily afford to spend more when it is making a Profit before tax of £464m.

But no, ITV isn't interested in "ratings battles" - it's interested in maximising profits and it knows it can do this without spending any more on programming. If it spends more on progarmming it would win a few more "ratings battles" but it wouldn't be more profitable (or at least management doesn't think so) so it doesn't.

BBC is obviously in a different position as its resources are effectively set for it but I see no evidence of BBC fighting "ratings battles" any more or less than before.

It doesn't need to - it's going to win the overall "ratings battle" anyway (partially helped by ITV's behaviour as above - BBC would win easily anyway but ITV spending less than otherwise obviously helps) so it can continue on its existing path of producing a balanced schedule and fulfilling PSB commitments.

Of course the above is all very boring and it's much more fun (for some people) to follow ratings as a competition like people supporting football teams so I'm sure that is what will continue to happen on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Georged123 wrote: »
    One relatively successful drama launch and suddenly ITV have turned around from their 13 year dip!

still stronger itv now than in past yes took long long time but hope now share price up and more investment itv becomes a true rival to the bbc again
  • Options
    rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Demographic Information for BBC1 and ITV for Monday 25th February to Sunday 3rd March: http://oi45.tinypic.com/2w395bc.jpg

Top programmes for the week among 18-49 year olds from that list (excludes soaps and news) were:

1. Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway: 10.5
    2. Her Majesty's Prison: Aylesbury: 9.1
    3. Call The Midwife: 8.4
    4. Dancing on Ice: 7.6
    5. The Cube: 7.2
    6. Mayday: 6.9
    7. The Jonathan Ross Show: 6.1
    8. All Star Family Fortunes: 6.0
    9. Death in Paradise: 5.9
    10. Match Of The Day: 5.7

Note: Each number indicates the % of the UK 18-49 population. For e.g. 10.5% of 18-49 year olds living in the UK watched Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway
  • Options
    andrewskatie143andrewskatie143 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    does the breakdown for broadchurch actually look good- I don't know........ it seems to have lost nearly as much viewers across the hour as mayday did last night or am I reading the breakdown wrong?
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ouch at BBC1 last night, nobody expected Broadchurch to give them such a thrashing. Mayday losing 2m from ep1 to ep2 is a massive worry. The only good thing is that there will be a large anti-football female audience tonight meaning it may hold up for the rest of the week.

Imagine how high Broadchurch would have been if BBC1 hadn't deliberatly tried to dent it.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rzt wrote: »
    Demographic Information for BBC1 and ITV for Monday 25th February to Sunday 3rd March: http://oi45.tinypic.com/2w395bc.jpg

Top programmes for the week among 18-49 year olds from that list (excludes soaps and news) were:

1. Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway: 10.5
    2. Her Majesty's Prison: Aylesbury: 9.1
    3. Call The Midwife: 8.4
    4. Dancing on Ice: 7.6
    5. The Cube: 7.2
    6. Mayday: 6.9
    7. The Jonathan Ross Show: 6.1
    8. All Star Family Fortunes: 6.0
    9. Death in Paradise: 5.9
    10. Match Of The Day: 5.7

Note: Each number indicates the % of the UK 18-49 population. For e.g. 10.5% of 18-49 year olds living in the UK watched Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway

Stand out there must be Aylesbury, the overnight looked decent but a surprisingly young audience putting it at #2 for the week!
  • Options
    qwerty21qwerty21 Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Imagine how high Broadchurch would have been if BBC1 hadn't deliberatly tried to dent it.

ITV brought Broadchurch forward creating the clash! How is it the BBC's fault?!
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,631
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Ouch at BBC1 last night, nobody expected Broadchurch to give them such a thrashing. Mayday losing 2m from ep1 to ep2 is a massive worry. The only good thing is that there will be a large anti-football female audience tonight meaning it may hold up for the rest of the week.

Had itv really not wanted broadchurch to have an audience dent they would have delayed a week.
    I think maydays audience will bounce back to above five milion tonight so its not that much of a worry for them at the beeb. You may say any show could have a huge audience without opposition. Without lewis miranda and mrs brown could have also been even more popular on monday evenings. Mayday will no doubt improve by the rest of the week.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only 6.06m for Broadchurch

Below Mayday's launch on Sunday.

Creditable but unspectacular 4.3m for BBC1. But job done in limiting the impact of Broadchurch, which will presumably settle in the usual 5m crime drama range.

Very funny stuff

'Creditable 4.3m'

Everyone knows if ITV's new stripped drama had lost 2m by episode 2 there would have been many more posts by you and the usual people than there has been today.
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    15m peak?

18m?

Any more?

25 perhaps? Bigger than the royal wedding I'm thinking ;)
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Shetland is half as good on screen as the books, the BBC could have a hit on its hands.

Though will have to wait and see just what it's like.
This discussion has been closed.