LG Nexus 4 officially announced

Comments

• The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am more gobsmaked people are gobsmacked it has sold out, what were you all expecting lol
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Bit off topic i know,

But have you guys seen the Huawei Honor 2
    http://www.comparephonesandtablets.com/compare/262/251/huawei-honor-2-vs-lg-nexus-4-e960/

Yes it's not a nexus device or got Jellybean (has ICS) but it seems a good phone for the conversion price (£220). Although it'll probably be around £300 if it does launch in the UK. Still, good price for a phone with a removable battery and SD card support.

On Topic- Not sure why anyone would be surprised it's sold out. It's great value.
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    denyo1977 wrote: »

:eek:

they totally underestimated demand...

or didn't make enough.

either way - could be a while before more ship in from LG.

Not Good enough Google. :mad:

From all the hype and "notify me's" you would think they would have enough. OR is this a marketing stunt ?
  • denyo1977denyo1977 Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sack wrote: »
    I am more gobsmaked people are gobsmacked it has sold out, what were you all expecting lol

Great comment! I am not gobsmacked about the fact it has sold out, but after not even an hour.
  • spikejspikej Posts: 3,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried for an hour, got millions of server errors etc etc. When I finally bought an 8gb, google declinded my card despite it having more than enough money on it, and then cancelled my order minutes later while trying another card.

When you release a phone like this at 239/279gbp, surely you must realise there is going to be a massive demand and have enough stock / a system in place to deal with it? Move the release date back a couple of weeks if it's a case of making more phones...
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    spikej wrote: »
    I tried for an hour, got millions of server errors etc etc. When I finally bought an 8gb, google declinded my card despite it having more than enough money on it, and then cancelled my order minutes later while trying another card.

When you release a phone like this at 239/279gbp, surely you must realise there is going to be a massive demand and have enough stock / a system in place to deal with it? Move the release date back a couple of weeks if it's a case of making more phones...

I just hope all the system errors weren't counting down stock numbers too. Sold out may not be the case.

Your right however, they have totally underestimated the number by the looks of it. If it is that popular it could be weeks.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, seeing as I accuse Apple of the same, I suppose I should say that maybe Google intended to set it to 'sold out' regardless of how many it shifted; all helps add to the hype and desirability. Not really their style though.
  • lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep my HTC One X locked to Tmobile, or sell it in place of a Nexus 4?

Your views please! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noooooooo! It just said add to cart again, just to be followed by an "oops" message :cry:
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't manage to get or either, tried for about half an hour this morning.

Kept getting so far then would get an error... Kind of annoying you can't even order one, you have to wait and do the same nonsense when the next batch comes in.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully there will be stock in 2 weeks or so when I order.
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lamby wrote: »
    Keep my HTC One X locked to Tmobile, or sell it in place of a Nexus 4?

Your views please! :)

Keep the one X
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The same thing happened with the Nexus 7 and they were delivering pre-orders 2 weeks late because of all the demand, so I'm not that surprised it has happened again. I can't even add the Nexus 4 to a cart any way, it just says "coming soon"....

Hopefully they get it sorted by next week as I'm planning to get mine then. I feel like I'm trapped in 2003 mobile phone wise at the moment...:p
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sack wrote: »

It's very clever marketing by Google. Only release a small number of handsets that they knew would sell out in no time at all. Result: news stories about how they are selling out so quickly. It's the same reason that Apple like the media reporting on the fools who sleep outside their stores overnight. It all adds to the perception that it's a highly desirable device.
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 16 gig model is advertised on Ebay for £399 buy it now if any body wants to have the latest and greates Nexus.
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only joking. But I bet some are.
  • markrdukmarkrduk Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    My 16 gig model is advertised on Ebay for £399 buy it now if any body wants to have the latest and greates Nexus.
    finbaar wrote: »
    Only joking. But I bet some are.

Glad you made it clear you were kidding... was half expecting to scroll down to a torrent of abuse flowing your way!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    The same thing happened with the Nexus 7 and they were delivering pre-orders 2 weeks late because of all the demand, so I'm not that surprised it has happened again. I can't even add the Nexus 4 to a cart any way, it just says "coming soon"....

Hopefully they get it sorted by next week as I'm planning to get mine then. I feel like I'm trapped in 2003 mobile phone wise at the moment...:p

I wouldn't mind being on a 2 week waiting list but you can't even put your order in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind being on a 2 week waiting list but you can't even put your order in.

I suppose they don't want orders to mount up and claim all the stock at once so they've temporarily stopped all orders. It's a bit silly of Google not to have learned their lesson after the Nexus 7 launch. When you are selling devices at that price point there was always going to be massive demand.

A 2 week wait is annoyingly long imo, they should try and get this new stock in as quickly as possible...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I suppose they don't want orders to mount up and claim all the stock at once so they've temporarily stopped all orders. It's a bit silly of Google not to have learned their lesson after the Nexus 7 launch. When you are selling devices at that price point there was always going to be massive demand.

A 2 week wait is annoyingly long imo, they should try and get this new stock in as quickly as possible...

Yeah it is annoying, guess I will be stuck with my iPhone for a little longer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's even more annoying as I want to sell my S2 to Mazuma, already got the envelope. God knows how long I will have to wait now for the Nexus 4 and the price for the S2 might go down even more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Yeah it is annoying, guess I will be stuck with my iPhone for a little longer.

You don't know how lucky you are...I'm stuck with this...:cry::(
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    I am tempted to sell my S3 and get the Nexus 4. Been onto one of the 'buy your phone' sites...can get upto £259 for my S3. Thats only £20 shy of the N4 price. Whilst £259 isnt a great price, it will feel like a swap for an N4.

One good thing with having to wait a couple of weeks, is that you can read the reviews, and hopefully have a play with one, before you finally commit to buying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just about to say the same, now I will be waiting for people's reviews. Still annoyed though as I was hoping of getting rid of my S2 and it's constant freezing this week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Had my Galaxy S3 stolen two weeks ago and it seems unlikely my insurance are gonna cover it so I tried to buy this today in Carphone Warehouse but I was told they only got the stock in today, but they put it on sale tomorrow.

Really rather excited to be getting one.