Digital Spy's Virtual Apprentice - Apply Now!

Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi everyone! I'm new to this part of the forums and decided I'd throw myself in the deep end and create a virtual Apprentice!

My series will start on Tuesday 26 February and will finish on Thursday 11 April.

Each task will be announced on the Tuesday of each week, with every candidate coming back to the boardroom and the firings taking place the day after, on the Wednesday. In the final week though, the final will be on the Thursday, a day after the latest firing. To make it simpler, here's a schedule:

26 Feb - Task 1
27 Feb - Task 1 Boardroom & Firing
05 Mar - Task 2
06 Mar - Task 2 Boardroom & Firing
12 Mar - Task 3
13 Mar - Task 3 Boardroom & Firing
19 Mar - Task 4
20 Mar - Task 4 Boardroom & Firing
26 Mar - Task 5
27 Mar - Task 5 Boardroom & Firing
02 Apr - Task 6
03 Apr - Task 6 Boardroom & Firing
09 Apr - Task 7
10 Apr - Task 7 Boardroom & Firing
11 Apr - Final Task, Boardroom & Hiring

Obviously the number of candidates fired at those times depend on how many want to take part.

To show interest in taking part, please PM me saying you'd like to sign up. I'm also in need of a few helpers, so if you'd like to help please PM me telling me.

Candidates must be online between 8pm and 9pm on those days to take part in the tasks.

If the tasks are incomplete, you may be required to stay on after 9pm to complete the task. Not contributing to the task after 9pm could be a reason for your firing. All tasks will officially finish at 8pm on the Wednesday, when everyone is called to the boardroom, so the teams effectively have 24 hours to complete the task.

Thanks for signing up, if you do :)

Comments

• Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please get applications in as soon as possible! I might start PMing regular posters on the forum who probably haven't seen this to see if they are interested! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you actually work for DS or is this just some fan thing?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you actually work for DS or is this just some fan thing?

No I don't work for DS :p It's just a fan game, they have them on the Strictly, Dancing On Ice and Big Brother forum, so the forum users can pretend they're doing the TV show :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, ok. Thanks
  • TheOneAndOnly27TheOneAndOnly27 Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Is it possible to explain what exactly is involved? Is there a page or some indication of what is happening? Is it for money? a job? Who is playing the role of Lord Sugar? How will the mechanics of the game work? It's all a bit thin to be honest.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Is it possible to explain what exactly is involved? Is there a page or some indication of what is happening? Is it for money? a job? Who is playing the role of Lord Sugar? How will the mechanics of the game work? It's all a bit thin to be honest.

I was wondering that myself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was wondering that myself.

Sorry :o I'll answer all your questions :p

1. It's not for money or a job - it's all for fun, but there will be a winner at the end of it all!
    2. I'll be playing Lord Sugar and hopefully I'll have someone to be Nick and Karen
    3. I'll give each team a task - for example to create a new car accessory. So in your teams you will have an idea and you'll write what this accessory does, prices, target markets etc. (and if you want you could draw it on Paint to see what it'd be like in real life) and I'll judge both accessories and decide winning team and who gets fired. There are a range of different tasks though. Hope this helps :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry if I haven't been clear - but it's all for fun :D

Please keep applying - I can't do the show with the numbers I have just now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just need six more people to take part - I have enough helpers now, so please apply to be a candidate!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only three more people needed - please sign up, I'd like to make this happen!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Show will start next week, there are still places
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    I believe that Stuart25 is still looking for more people. He said that in an email he sent me anyway (I've applied to take part.) He said that he'd like us all to round up more people - but there aren't that many people on here I actually talk to outside of the forums, so this is really the best way I can do this.

Go on guys, it'll be more fun with more people!
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    -can't wait to be Karren-