Q2 - 300,000 Wii U sold

brbbrb Posts: 27,405
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2013/131030e.pdf
http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/30/nintendo-2-million-3ds-sold-q2-2014/

On average Nintendo are shifting 100k Wii U a month. Not fantastic, however it is nearly double the Wii U's sales in the previous 3 months. The Wii U is still, however, bleeding money. So far this financial year, Nintendo have shifted 460,00 Wii Us which brings the grand total of sales to 3.9 million. It is important to note though, Q2 ended BEFORE the release of WWHD, which saw sales increase by nearly 700% and also before the introduction of the Wii U price cut.

Q3 should be strong for Nintendo as it will include the WWHD sales as well as games such as Sonic: Lost World and Super Mario 3D World.

Software wise, Nintendo shifted 5.27million. A 500% increase on the previous quarter!

Comments

• CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think things will really start to pick up for them as of the beginning of Q3 and going into Xmas time. Loads of good games coming out and super cheap bundles [WiiU Premium with 3/4 good games for less than £250?]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Negative shipment numbers for the Wii U in Europe.

NEG-A-TIVE.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wii U isn't a bad console. There just aren't any games yet. However, Nintendo usually get their act together eventually so I envisage sales picking up dramatically over the next year or so.
    I doubt it will ever reach the heights the Wii did, but equally I really can't see the Wii U going down in history as a failure.

I for one am looking forward to some mindless shooting people with Call of Duty next week, and Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 all look brilliant.
  • RunawayGroomRunawayGroom Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If i had the money i would buy one myself. The next 6 months could have a few potentially excellent games. I would buy one before the other two up and coming consoles every day of the week at this moment in time.
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the wii u as they cater for retro game lovers as well as new game lovers where as playstation and xbox games are all the same.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the wii u as they cater for retro game lovers as well as new game lovers where as playstation and xbox games are all the same.

Sorry, but that's a ridiculous statement.

There may be a lot of repetition of certain genres of games as they attempt to appeal to the mass market (NEWSFLASH: That's how you sell consoles) but there's plenty of innovation in there too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Not to mention that you could also be blasé about Nintendo. Zelda and Mario are essentially franchises which come out with the same general premise and mechanics every time.

I'm a big fan of Nintendo and actually like this fact, I think it's a bit of a silly reason to criticise a console at all. Why can't I enjoy a similar experience over and over with a nice cool addition.

Long live evolution!
  • marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive had mine since xmas along with the xbox one,and i love the wii u. Addicted to zombi u and mario at the minute. shame there isnt many games for it though
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, there are a lot of games for the U now. The majority of big multi-platform games have came to the U and it has the strongest first party line up of any current gen console, at the moment. I guess if you aren't into Nintendo-type games (Mario, Zelda etc) then there many not be much for you.

I'm excited for DK: Tropical Freeze next month! ahh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was just watching some gameplay of DK on youtube the graphics do look fantastic. Really need to get around to picking up a Wii U at some point.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    Was just watching some gameplay of DK on youtube the graphics do look fantastic. Really need to get around to picking up a Wii U at some point.

I'm literally counting the days til Feb21st!!! ... Bring on the Kong!!!! :) /excited
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wii U easily has the best 1st party line up of any console I just hope they get more 3rd part support at some point. Can't wait to finally pick up a Wii U.