adblock n firefox

i seam too get some words showing up as a
underling like this
( to see how these apply to your posts.) once you hover your mouse over it, it shows up a pop up box saying your winner etc, am thinking the ad block is broken an not functional properly
I've tried several times to uninstall it clear cookies etc
still the same thing
any fix for this?
fire fox browser is the latest version

Comments

• call100call100 Posts: 7,264
    Forum Member
    I don't think adblock works on that type of advertising. ........Just don't hover your mouse over them.....
  • The_SmegThe_Smeg Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    just uninstall it again, clean cookies etc.
    and reinstall it now it dose not even work
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    call100 wrote: »
    I don't think adblock works on that type of advertising. ........Just don't hover your mouse over them.....

Adblock Plus does. I never see those ads on my Macs. I'm on my phone at the moment and I see them on it.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Using FF and Adblock Plus here also, and also nothing underlined.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never see anything like that on Firefox with Adblock + it is superb
    Forum Member
    It would help if we had a link to test it on.......I think the links that I see are too other websites appertaining to the subject in hand, as opposed to adverts...
  • thespooksterthespookster Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    If you are seeing this type of advert where certain words are underlined and popup ads then you must have installed an add on or extension, probably by accident or some unscrupulous software installed an add on without your consent.

Suggest you go into add ons in firefox and check all the currently installed addons and extensions and remove the offending item.
  • curiousclivecuriousclive Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    try installing Malwarebytes and doing a scan. Sounds like you may have some malware loaded.
    Forum Member
    Just had a look around and I'm not getting any ads through that method after all....So I guess Adblock is working as it should.....
  • Mr DosMr Dos Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did a side by side demo for a mate yesterday of standard Internet Explorer vs Firefox with Adblock Plus + Prebake cookie filter (I have dual monitors) and the difference was startling. FF was a lot easier on the eyes and even stopped the intro adverts on YouTube videos.
  • DarkestHourDarkestHour Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Dos wrote: »
    I did a side by side demo for a mate yesterday of standard Internet Explorer vs Firefox with Adblock Plus + Prebake cookie filter (I have dual monitors) and the difference was startling. FF was a lot easier on the eyes and even stopped the intro adverts on YouTube videos.

Yep, I can't browse the internet without it. Amazing extension.
  • JamesEJamesE Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    There is also "Simple Adblock" for Internet Explorer - it also works well.