Travel Insurance Advice

Sun!Sun! Posts: 1,058
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hey,

Im going to do a course in September in Hungary. It lasts for 32 days so outside most standard isurance providers who go upto 28 days.
I will obviously want to take my laptop and my iPhone and would want insurance for them.
Price hopefully below £30.

Can anyone recommend an insurer for me. Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Sun!Sun! Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesnt give you any options for what I need. I was hopeing for someone who had used a policy for what I needed and similar.
  • JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    No personal experience but a quick Google threw this up,

http://www.money.co.uk/travel-insurance/travel-insurance-longer-than-31-days.htm
  • That BlokeThat Bloke Posts: 6,352
    Forum Member
    Have a look for traveller / backpacker insurance as you can specify longer periods away.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't say if you're attending the course on your own behalf or if your company is sending you. If the latter, then they are wholly responsible for taking out all insurance - especially medical and repatriation - under employers liability laws.
  • Sun!Sun! Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh right, im taking the course on my own behalf :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    google atlas insurance, I was a travel agent, they always beat us by price and quality. I even insured my mother in law going to Oz with them. Cheap as chips, she hurt her leg, they paid the bills and offered to fly her home 1st class.
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose you could just take 28 day insurance and take a risk on 4 days, if it works like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alt-F4 wrote: »
    I suppose you could just take 28 day insurance and take a risk on 4 days, if it works like that.

Yeah you could do that. If you get poorly in the last 4 days the EU will cover you. Personal items, missed flights wont be covered though.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    Sun! wrote: »
    Hey,

Im going to do a course in September in Hungary. It lasts for 32 days so outside most standard isurance providers who go upto 28 days.
    I will obviously want to take my laptop and my iPhone and would want insurance for them.
    Price hopefully below £30.

Can anyone recommend an insurer for me. Thanks

Below £30? Are you sure?
  • ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should be able to get yearly travel insurance for under £30. I recently renewed mine through link from a comparison site (think appalling singing opera guy adverts) and I got £26 for yearly insurance.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    You should be able to get yearly travel insurance for under £30. I recently renewed mine through link from a comparison site (think appalling singing opera guy adverts) and I got £26 for yearly insurance.

Who with?
  • Contains NutsContains Nuts Posts: 2,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like someone said, try Atlas.

I paid about £14 going to the Philippines.
  • ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who with?

Can't remember. :p . I know I went through go compare though and chose the best deal. I had 'quote banana' last year at about £25-£26 for yearly insurance but I can't remember this years company off by heart.

found it, the company is Flexicover