New Google Maps and Streetview

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,164
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just been playing with the new Google maps app on my Nexus 7. On the old app you could easily access street view by long pressing a location, however this function seems to have disappeared in the new app.

The function to "walk the street" by moving the pegman seems to have gone in favour of using the overlay arrows, which seems takes longer.

I seem to have the Street View app installed. Am I missing something or is this really a backwards step with Street View?

Comments

• dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it would appear so, waste of time.
  • pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming the tablet version works the same way as the phone version (I've only tried this on a Nexus 4), when you long press on a street it gives you the pin as usual and a location appears at the bottom on a "card". Swipe that card up and there should be a Street View banner there, tap on that takes you straight into Street View. Much quicker than in previous versions of Maps.
  • Magic CottageMagic Cottage Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I find irritating on the 'new' Google maps generally is that my home is now pinned in the wrong place in my street by over 150 yds. I can't seem to change it by moving the pin. Typing in my address doesn't correct the situation because it insists my house is somewhere else.
  • pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I find irritating on the 'new' Google maps generally is that my home is now pinned in the wrong place in my street by over 150 yds. I can't seem to change it by moving the pin. Typing in my address doesn't correct the situation because it insists my house is somewhere else.
    In the web version of Google Maps, you can fix this yourself using Map Maker, or simply "Report a Problem" should enable you to get it fixed too.
  • Magic CottageMagic Cottage Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the web version of Google Maps, you can fix this yourself using Map Maker, or simply "Report a Problem" should enable you to get it fixed too.

Cheers. I'll give that a try.