Pauline Quirke.... 6 stone weight loss !!

conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
Forum Member
✭✭
Now Pauline Quirke is the latest to come out with a story of a six stone weight loss in six months. Just seen it on the front of tomorrows Mirror.... on the Sky Review of papers. Has to be gastric band surely !! Another lady who badly needed it. Very fond of Pauline... great actress.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    Who cares how she did it...good luck to her!!
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Wow that is a lot. Gastric band i would guess. Fab actress whatever her size
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good on her and anyone else who can lose that amount.
    I must say it has fitted in very well with the harrowing storyline she's had to play, I'm sure if you went through tha tin RL you would lose tons and probably your sanity.
    A wonderful actress
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Emmerdale about once a month and dipping in and out, her weight loss was really noticable each time I saw her on it.

She hasn't been talking much about it, or flogging some sort of diet or dvd so however she did it, good luck to her!
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2013706/Light-feather-How-Pauline-Quirk-shed-body-weight.html

Daily Mail have it now. She looks fantastic !!! It was the Lighter Life diet and she is now the face of the brand !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks absolutely fantastic doesn't she...I wouldn't mind going on this diet but i may have to be checked first with me having high blood pressure.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks fantastic and she did it without surgery. Ok, the diet plan is a little extreme but it seems to have worked for her.

I do hope she doesn't try and lose much more though and go down the size 8 route. She looks great as she is now, younger and more attractive. She always had a lovely face which looks even better now and she certainly shouldn't go for the stick thin look.

Well done to her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I did a five and a half stone weight loss naturally aswell. It took me ten months and I ended up ill from losing lean fat.
    I had only eaten 250 calories a day all that time.
    Pauline must have vigerously excercised to get six stone off in six months.
    I know two people who went on the Lighter Life diet and both had put all their weight back on before two years was up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Both a friend and I were on Lighter Life and stopped when the products you have to use went up by a ridiculous amount. As soon as we started back to eating food, even smaller amounts than before, the weight went on and ended up more than before, so although I do admire Pauline for her weight loss, I hope she manages to keep it off. We shall see in a year or two if she manages to keep it off.
  • MsBehaviourMsBehaviour Posts: 5,532
    Forum Member
    Amazing - she looks really lovely. I know the makeup & styling helps, but she certainly doesn't look 51. I feel really pleased for her.
  • WAKEYLASSWAKEYLASS Posts: 6,085
    Forum Member
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    I did a five and a half stone weight loss naturally aswell. It took me ten months and I ended up ill from losing lean fat.
    I had only eaten 250 calories a day all that time.
    Pauline must have vigerously excercised to get six stone off in six months.
    I know two people who went on the Lighter Life diet and both had put all their weight back on before two years was up.
    seanloveit wrote: »
    Both a friend and I were on Lighter Life and stopped when the products you have to use went up by a ridiculous amount. As soon as we started back to eating food, even smaller amounts than before, the weight went on and ended up more than before, so although I do admire Pauline for her weight loss, I hope she manages to keep it off. We shall see in a year or two if she manages to keep it off.

I have to agree with you both. I did this diet in 2008, I spent £1000 + and lost 5.5 stone in 6 months, but I stopped when I went on holiday and found it really hard to get back on it, so the weight went back on. I suppose I didn't have the will power but having said that, looking back, it's really unrealistic to only have fluids to maintain the weight.

Hope Pauline can do it, she looks brilliant!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Pauline!! my favourite actress, she looks great!
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's great that she has done it but I know 2 people who have been on this weight loss system and it has not worked long term. Both of them lost around 5 stone whilst following the plan but within a year of going back to eating real food the weight has gone back on again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Without meaning to be unkind, she looks very different in the posed photograph and in the Emmerdale still. I think quite a lot of photoshopping has gone on to make her look that young.
    LIZALYNN wrote: »

Yes, very low calorie diets have a very bad reputation. They are not sustainable, and leave your metabolic rate so low that anything like a normal diet tends to make the weight pile on with extraordinary speed.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    A brilliant actress (although I haven't seen her in Emmerdale) and a lovely woman.
    She looks great!
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    conchie wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2013706/Light-feather-How-Pauline-Quirk-shed-body-weight.html

Daily Mail have it now. She looks fantastic !!! It was the Lighter Life diet and she is now the face of the brand !

Wow! I actually had to look at that pic for a good 5 seconds before I could see it was her! She looks totally different! Impressive, good on her!
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Pauline and she's a fantastic actress - but like many others, I have my reservations about the Lighter Life diet. I have seen too many people lose vast amounts of weight rapidly and gain it all back once they stopped buying the overpriced shakes, soups and cereal bars. The weight loss itself is easy, food is removed from the equation so there's no temptation to overindulge. It's the maintenance that is difficult for a lot of people.

However, Pauline may well be able to maintain her new weight, and from a health point of view, it's all good And she looks amazing - a brilliant advert for Lighter Life.
  • AbsolutelyAbsolutely Posts: 1,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks fantastic and years younger, and having hip problems it will help her a lot to carry less weight. She probably will find it hard to keep the weight down, but with expert help, I am sure she will find a healthy way of eating now.

I once needed an operation and was told by the doctor I had to lose weight before it, and I managed to loose 2st in 2/3 month. If there is a health reason I think the will power is stronger.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks lovely, and well done her on losing all that weight but I hope for her sake that she's found a way to maintain her weight(loss) that does not depend on continuing with this extreme regime.
  • kerker Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow she looks amazing! Quite often these celebs lose a lot of weight, and look drastically older as a result, but she looks younger I think!

She has to be careful on the Lighter Life diet though, I had a friend who did that, and like Pauline, lost about 6 stone in 6 months, but fast forward a couple of years, back eating actual food, and she's put it all back on... In fact, I think she put it back on within the year. Hopefully she can keep it off long term.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lighter Life sounds like Lipotrim. I know people who lost fantastic amounts of weight while on it, but once they stopped, it was all back on after a couple of years.

Good luck to Pauline. Losing weight and keeping it off is hard blooming work. I hope she can sustain it.
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been reading a lot of comments from people who did Lighter Life. Its like the weight loss plan for the very impatient... seems to me. You certainly get the results you want... and there is no denying that Pauline looks marvellous.

For me..... if I had six stone to lose, I would rather do it over the course of a year, eating normal foods in much reduced portions, taking exercise and losing 1-2 lbs a week.

The chances of keeping it off would be far far greater than sticking to these shakes, which may provide the miracle loss very quickly, but it does not train you how to eat properly, so most people end up putting the whole lot back on again.

When the body is deprived of calories to that level it goes into famine mode..... so when REAL food is re-introduced, it goes into emergency overdrive storing it as body fat.

I think people should forget these type of methods.... along with the dreaded gastric band... how drastic is that !!!!

It comes down to four words........... EAT LESS.... MOVE MORE..... but people want results NOW and are not prepared to put the time and patience into losing the weight properly.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for her. She seems like a nice woman and looks all the better for it.

She had put on a lot of weight in recent years, so for long-term health it was the right move. Hopefully she hasn't used any drastic measures which will make it more difficult for her to maintain her new weight.
  • Dee13Dee13 Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Congrats to pauline she looks great and no reason to allow yourself to get that big as it is unhealthy.. so well done just shows its never to late and she is a great actress..
  • Free as a birdFree as a bird Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend has just been on a six month diet(similar to Lighterlife, but another name)and lost five stone.

She did Lighterlife some years ago, but put it all back on.

I need to lose about five stone, but would never do Lighterlife or similar.

She paid 60 pounds per week for the privilage of not eating, and just drinking shakes.

You can get a great gym for that price.

Hope Pauline can keep it off, but just wish these celebs would do it the old fashioned normal way, which is what I will do, when I get off my fat bottom.