Fantasy Football Manager 2011-12 (Part 2)

Comments

• yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fab cesc wrote: »
    Yakutz isn't out of this just yet imo.

I can't see Brum dropping points in at least two of the remaining games.

Could catch you for 2nd, though.
  • Season 74Season 74 Posts: 7,032
    Forum Member
    Yakutz isn't out of this just yet imo.

Never over till it's over.
    Forum Member
    yakutz wrote: »
    I'm really glad I went for Cisse over Aguero.

Was a good decision to go with Cisse's form. Especially with a tough game for City.
  • BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    Good start from me, hopefully I can avoid the wooden spoon.
  • fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yakutz wrote: »
    I can't see Brum dropping points in at least two of the remaining games.

Could catch you for 2nd, though.

Fair point, didn't realise Brums final 5 games are against the bottom 5 in the league :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seriously need to stop thinking that Liverpool are anything but absolutely ****. No Terry/Lampard either...

At least it looks like tso has a defensive penalty :)
    Forum Member
    I seriously need to stop thinking that Liverpool are anything but absolutely ****. No Terry/Lampard either...

At least it looks like tso has a defensive penalty :)

Tell me about it. Ever since I got 2 Liverpool and Tottenham players in my team they seem to be slipping down the table.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 74 wrote: »
    Tell me about it. Ever since I got 2 Liverpool and Tottenham players in my team they seem to be slipping down the table.

You're players have done well enough, Adam and Downing have been dreadful for me :(

Looking promising for you this week, 2 assist from your 2 CB's so far! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe I got Dempsey at such a cheap price from Funk towards the start of the season.

Hope my defence doesn't balls this up as well...
    Forum Member
    yes Jelanvic scores, hopefully i win my game this week
    Forum Member
    You're players have done well enough, Adam and Downing have been dreadful for me :(

Looking promising for you this week, 2 assist from your 2 CB's so far! :cool:

Meh. Promising. Except for the fact that Liverpool and Tottenham have failed to score so far, which is 4/6 of my attack. Pointless getting 6 points from defenders if my attack isn't doing much. To be honest, I've been unfortunate with Gerrard cos he's only scored 1 goal for me, the rest have come in the cups and the one premier league game that didn't count. Kuyt has scored once for me I believe. Adebayor has done well. VDV continues to under-achieve though, with a rare good week last week.
    Forum Member
    Looking very good for Yakutz

Yakutzenal 1-0 Simonics
    (Dempsey)

Jackyorks Dragons 0-1 Bhaveshgorsia (Jelavic)
    Forum Member
    I suspect that is that for Simon's title bid. Yakutz in his usual goal scoring form. ;)

Yakutzenal 2-0 Simonics
    (Cisse)

Yakutzenal 3-0 Simonics
    (Dempsey)
  • Simon1984Simon1984 Posts: 5,792
    Forum Member
    Yep, my mid-season form cost me after my great start. Looks like Yakutz has got this game sewn up already.
    Forum Member

Adam has been a real surprise and although I really not shocked by Downing, you'd expect him to get the odd goal or assist simply by playing on the wing for Liverpool. Having any Liverpool attackers this season was a bad idea. Suarez is their top scorer with 7, and he went for £50m.
    Forum Member
    Simon1984 wrote: »
    Yep, my mid-season form cost me after my great start. Looks like Yakutz has got this game sewn up already.

Yeah. Your loss of form was really incredible. You went from top down to 5th at one point I believe, but you have steadied the ship. As someone who also had a mid-season dip, I feel for you. Always next year. ;)
    Forum Member
    Can't see a way back for me here. Well played again Bally.

Season 74ers 0-1 Bally's Badgers (Huth)

Keeping up pace though, Serenity should likely see this one out.

TSO 2012 0-1 FC Serenity (Crouch)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phew, went out thinking I'd played Holt and had already scored, good old Crouch! :)
    Season 74 wrote: »
    Meh. Promising. Except for the fact that Liverpool and Tottenham have failed to score so far, which is 4/6 of my attack. Pointless getting 6 points from defenders if my attack isn't doing much. To be honest, I've been unfortunate with Gerrard cos he's only scored 1 goal for me, the rest have come in the cups and the one premier league game that didn't count. Kuyt has scored once for me I believe. Adebayor has done well. VDV continues to under-achieve though, with a rare good week last week.

Keep forgetting the derby didn't count in this :o
    Forum Member
    Phew, went out thinking I'd played Holt and had already scored, good old Crouch! :)

Keep forgetting the derby didn't count in this :o

He's scored 3 goals in the cup too, so he's clearly on form, just hasn't come in games where he's playing for me. Keith Andrews has been a much better buy, results wise. ;)
    Forum Member
    Yes I win my game now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2-0 in my game now I think :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was worried Rooney/Young were going to end up being as rampant as Adebayor/Van de Vaart last weekend there. Should have this wrapped up now, even if this Arsenal-City game does end up being a goalfest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't cheered a goal against me like that in a while :D.
    Forum Member
    The top 3 sides all won this week, meaning they are still separated by 6 points. Bally still leads the way after a strong performance against the 74ers. It was a typical performance from the Badgers, as in a week where the attacking points weren't there, the defense rose up and put in a very strong showing. The 74ers never really looked like threatening and a poor goalkeeper performance cost the side once again.

FC Serenity kept up pace with the Badgers, recording a comfortable 2-0 win. Goals from Crouch and Holt were enough to see it out, as TSO didn't seem to have enough this week. Serenity will be disappointed though, by another red card for Balotelli, meaning he will miss the next match and quite possibly the rest of the season, which could be a blow to their title hopes, although Serenity have a lot of spare strikers to fill the void.

Yakutzenal put an end to any lingering title hopes of Simonics, with another strong attacking display lead by Cisse and Dempsey. Yakutzenal remain 6 points a drift, but are running out of games to make up the gap.

Elsewhere, Bhaveshgorsia had one of their best attacking weeks of the season. The 2-0 win could be crucial in the sides attempt to get off bottom by the end of the season, now 5 points off 9th. In the final game, Funk and Hutchy contested a drap 0-0 draw, in a game that is bordering on shocking that neither side scored. Neither teams players were able to find the net, this despite the fact that the match had the highest combined defensive rating of the season.

We are back tomorrow for the next gameweek. So more crucial matches to come, with just 4 to go.

Funk Unicorns 0-0 Hutchalution - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=0
    Jackyorks Dragons 0-2 Bhaveshgorsia - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=33
    Season 74ers 0-1 Bally's Badgers - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=2
    TSO 2012 0-2 FC Serenity - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=3
    Yakutzenal 3-1 Simonics - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=4

Table, as it stands: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=10
    Forum Member
    Sorry for being absent today. I didn't get to see the game till tonight, which meant I wanted to dodge the scores, as they were pretty important matches.

Don't forget: tomorrow (today) we have another gameweek so please get your teams in for midday. I will try to take them as late as possible.