Cote de Pablo (Ziva) leaving NCIS

Comments

• Darth-HabibDarth-Habib Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    BigFoot87 wrote: »

It does, and finally, when it seemed that she and Tony had bumped uglies in Berlin, they may become an item.

So long as she avoids a bullet to the head, I'll be happy for the character.

Oh why do you have to leave!
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    They mined her (the character) entire background for plot lines. New blood might give them new ideas. The last couple of seasons were pretty boring.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ziva alone has been responsible for many familiar themes in the series. Eight years is a long time to be comfortable with that.

I'm optimistic that the show will endure - but this will be it's biggest loss to date.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I am genuinely gutted :( I love the character and the actress, it won't be the same without her, but as mentioned I will survive as long as they don't kill her...the characters been through enough, she deserves a happy ending. :'(
  • sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go home and run Mossad
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a sharp contrast to some of the people who have left shows in the past and not bothered to come back to film their character's ending, so credit to her for coming back for one last episode.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for her survival though .. the regulars who have left NCIS in the past have all been killed off.

If they did kill off the character, it could certainly inject some life in to the show in one respect, but then in another, they'd probably do the usual and wrap it up in no more than one or two episodes, which is a shame because it could really take the show in a different direction.

We'll see. I'm still not really interested in watching it any more after the first episode of S11, but i'll reserve judgement based on the outcome of Ziva's fate.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering they killed Kate which led to Ziva coming into the show, are they really gonna kill Ziva and replace her with another female character? I hope they don't kill her off so she can come back in a later season or in special episodes.
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,687
    Forum Member
    I hope this now signals the end of the show as she was pretty much the best thing in it, by quite some margin. Then again, it's getting very long in the tooth now anyways so hopefully they'll end it gracefully, instead of spiralling down into complete senility which is where they're heading.

Regards

Mark
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did have a bit of a thought as to what will happen - I bet we'll have a scene where they're all in Vance's office and he has all their badges laid out on the desk, effectively just as they left them. Tony takes his, McGee take his and Ziva goes to take hers and stops and says something like "I think I'm done".

IF they don't kill her off.

If they promote that other actor (the one with the black curly hair) to a full cast member and have him join the team as Ziva's replacement then I really AM done with the show
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love her connection with Tony on the show especially when she can't pronounce certain English words and Tony is always on hand to correct her.

I read a few weeks ago that Mark Harmon was considering leaving the show let's hope it was just a rumour.
    Without Gibbs there would be no more NCIS for me anyway
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a shame. Wonder if they'll replace her?.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    Would not be surprised if Kim Raver from the series that was not to be ncis:red takes her place
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oxeney wrote: »
    Would not be surprised if Kim Raver from the series that was not to be ncis:red takes her place

Kim Raver is attached to Revolution so unless she leaves that show, I doubt she'd do it.

I think they'll definitely replace her though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    :( not happy...I like the group dynamics at the mo...she will be hard to replace. ..least I get another series as ive only just finished season 9!
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigFoot87 wrote: »

I kind of knew that would happen as she was hesitant about signing a new contract, will miss her but I wish her good luck in the future.

Now all they need is get rid of that irritating twunt in autopsy that thinks he is the new ducky.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I kind of knew that would happen as she was hesitant about signing a new contract, will miss her but I wish her good luck in the future.

Now all they need is get rid of that irritating twunt in autopsy that thinks he is the new ducky.

Hey, I love Palmer, and gave a cheer when he was (finally) upgraded from the guest-starring position to full-time member. :)
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Hey, I love Palmer, and gave a cheer when he was (finally) upgraded from the guest-starring position to full-time member. :)

Can't abide him, it's the actor I really detest rather than the character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmation of what's going to happen. Obviously a spoiler if you really don't want to know ..

http://tvline.com/2013/08/07/ncis-ziva-dead-not-killed-off-cote-de-pablo-gary-glasberg/
    I still might watch the first episode, but with this news, It's all but 99% guaranteed i'm done with NCIS after that ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goodbye to the departing viewers.

I expect I'll still be around. I'm invested enough in the remaining characters to fight through this loss. I haven't come this far just to let it end here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Goodbye to the departing viewers.

I expect I'll still be around. I'm invested enough in the remaining characters to fight through this loss. I haven't come this far just to let it end here.

I'm normally like that with shows - i really struggled with the last season and a half of Battlestar Galactica but I stuck it out as I thought it was silly watching it for so long just to walk away. I just don't get that with NCIS any more because i don't think it will ever change.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's *a* change coming in about a month ; )

I wish people hadn't moaned about NCIS: Red so much. NCIS: LA kept my interest in the franchise alive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    There's *a* change coming in about a month ; )

I wish people hadn't moaned about NCIS: Red so much. NCIS: LA kept my interest in the franchise alive.

Well I know about that change, but I mean more along the lines of Tony will still tell stupid jokes, McGee will still be a computer nerd, Abby will be 'kooky' and so on. And they'll stick far too rigidly to 'case of the week' as well with little to no story arcs.
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,051
    Forum Member
    Well I know about that change, but I mean more along the lines of Tony will still tell stupid jokes, McGee will still be a computer nerd, Abby will be 'kooky' and so on. And they'll stick far too rigidly to 'case of the week' as well with little to no story arcs.

Tony is the one who annoys me most. They have never really developed the character and he is still the same teenage prankster who has not grown up despite 10 years of the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    Tony is the one who annoys me most. They have never really developed the character and he is still the same teenage prankster who has not grown up despite 10 years of the show.

Exactly. And when they do the usual end of season storyline over a few episodes and the writers actually give him some 'adult' situations, it shows that michael weatherly is actually a decent actor.

But then I suppose when some episodes pull in 20-30 million viewers, they're not going to change the formula any time soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭