You tube to get rid of independent artist video.

AdamskAdamsk Posts: 1,384
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It seem fair Yibby tube don't support independent artists.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27891883

Comments

• AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised really. The internet has aclimatised people to getting what they want either for free, or for money that is far less than it costs to produce, and that just isn't sustainable in the long run.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    **** Youtube, they are not the only music video service. The indie labels are right not to cave to Google demands. If they cannot get a fair deal, go elsewhere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    I'm not surprised really. The internet has aclimatised people to getting what they want either for free, or for money that is far less than it costs to produce, and that just isn't sustainable in the long run.

This isn't about users, it is about Google's monopolistic tendencies and believing that everyone should bend to their will. It's about corporate entitlement.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,493
    Forum Member
    Anything that gets rid of Adele videos is OK in my book.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    This isn't about users, it is about Google's monopolistic tendencies and believing that everyone should bend to their will. It's about corporate entitlement.
    Yeah, Google want to force labels to charge for videos. They don't seem to realise that artists get discovered on Youtube precisely BECAUSE their videos are publicly available for free! Offer the video online for free, people are more likely to see and then head to iTunes and download it or pop to HMV and buy the CD. Paywall it, that won't happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paywall it and people click back and look for a source that is not paywalled. It is not about "getting stuff for free", as some like to claim, it is about not paying multiple times for the same damn thing.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anything that gets rid of Adele videos is OK in my book.

Is anyone forcing you to watch them?
  • DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the issue here is You-Tube aka Google have signed bumper deals with the Majors and then think they can fob the Indies off with a sh*te deal cause they are not as powerful.

This seems to happen every time with anything to do with the internet and music. I think when iTunes & Spotify first started they tried similar tricks of less favourable royalty rates, like they were doing the indies some sort of favour just putting the material up there in the first place.

Its disgusting and just shows for all the hippie utopia crap the likes of Google like to promote themselves as they are utterly ruthless corporate b*stards.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,493
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »
    Is anyone forcing you to watch them?

I might be exposed to them by accident.