ebay non payer advice

OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
Forum Member
✭✭✭
how long would you wait for before reporting a non payer or relisting? i sold an item on thursday moring & despite sending invoice etc, payment has still not been received (paypal)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,449
    Forum Member
    how long would you wait for before reporting a non payer or relisting? i sold an item on thursday moring & despite sending invoice etc, payment has still not been received (paypal)

Not everyone gets on their computer everyday. Give them another few days to pay.
  • jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If it has only been two days, that is not really very long at all. Did you specify any time limits on your listing? I allow 7 days for payment (unless otherwise arranged), but ask the buyer to get in touch within 3 days to let me know how they wish to procced with payment.
    My advice would be to email them again saying something like, haven't heard from you, are there any problems, please let me know how you wish to proceed with payment? (Nice and friendly) Then, after, say, 24/48 hours, follow up with, still haven't heard from you, if I don't hear from within (you fill in a time) I will assume you do not wish to go ahead with the purchase and will begin the non paying bidder process. to get back my fees.
  • OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know its a bit soon. the listing ended on thursday at 9.20am so its been nearly 3 full days, plus its a first timer so was a wee bit unsure... ill give it til tuesday & see
  • Toilet-DuckToilet-Duck Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to wait 7 Days after auction anyway before you can even start filing a non paying bidder alert.