Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes seems over the top. However Jimmy carr and the rest of those numpties would have me switching off the moment they come on tv. Least they got a token blonde on and it wasn't sarah milican. Thats a positive i guess.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anielled wrote: »
    Jimmy carr and the rest of those numpties would have me switching off the moment they come on tv.

Actually, I think Jimmy Carr's pretty brilliant, or can be, though I didn't actually see the show last night.
  • PrinceOfDenmarkPrinceOfDenmark Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They really are scraping the barrel with this story, but Imagine if the show had been on the BBC :D
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,483
    Forum Member
    I have just :D:eek::o:D at that. Not because of the dire report but the funny jokes and comments that were in the show. Thanks for the reminder Dail Fail :D
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridiculous Digital Spy forum member false outrage at Daily Mail.
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night TV watchdog Ofcom confirmed it had already received complaints

Hmmm,.... is there really someone on duty at Ofcom late on NYE to take complains from rabid Mail readers?
  • Jimbob91Jimbob91 Posts: 679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to see the Daily Mail is now using DS forum members to justify its over the top stories :D What's the betting the number of complaints received was 2 or something similarly low
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flooded with complaint.

I watched a bit of this last night - seemed like pretty standard comedy panel show type comedy to me.
  • LARulzLARulz Posts: 34,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was funny, even the comments are telling the "newspaper" to jump off a cliff.
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Actually, I think Jimmy Carr's pretty brilliant, or can be, though I didn't actually see the show last night.

I saw it and thought it was very funny! Actually I thought Gabby Logan spoiled the whole thing as she took it all too seriously- it was a good laugh ok a few risque jokes but it made me laugh out loud more than once.
    If people don't like a show , use the remote and switch over- simple as that
  • Ian AberdonIan Aberdon Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure the Daily Fail will rope the BBC into it somehow, what with Gabby Logan on the show.

And if they really ARE taking comments from DS forums then take the following:

Daily Fail, you are a pathetic excuse for a publication!

:D
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ridiculous Digital Spy forum member false outrage at Daily Mail.

I wasn't 'outraged' at the Mail, in this instance. Just thought it was laughable.
  • Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    LOL. There's the 9.00pm watershed, and there's the DM's not-long-enough-after-the-watershed watershed.

Fwiw, I always smile at the people who write this stuff for the DM - way to waste a uni education, folks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    I don't agree with the 'if you don't like it don't watch it' argument. If something is grossly offensive not watching it should not make it acceptable to be broadcast.

I watched the programme and did not find it offensive, it was adult humour with some risqué comments but it was done in a humorous manor and was clear that no malice was intended.

This seems to be a bit if a non-story, 4 complaints is next to nothing. It's clear that the viewers were not offended as they expect a certain type of humour with this show.

I guess jan 1st is a pretty light news day.
  • BlighterBlighter Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    I saw the show. It was funny. It is always irreverent. Viewers know what to expect.

When Russell Brand was featured the show was ruder and funnier.

The Daily Mail is just preaching to the converted (in the Mary Whitehouse Church of the Offended).
  • Shane54Shane54 Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The worst thing is those awful women from parents watch groups going on about the effect of this type on children. Well love if your letting your kids watch a comedy show with Jimmy Carr to then no point complaining to others about your awful parenting skills.
  • fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimbob91 wrote: »
    Good to see the Daily Mail is now using DS forum members to justify its over the top stories :D What's the betting the number of complaints received was 2 or something similarly low

5 complaints.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even funnier on these stories are the comments underneath them telling the Fail how useless they are
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Move along, nothing to see here.
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was offended by Jimmy Carr's awful fake laugh.

Had to switch over to MOTD.
  • ArtistBaptistaArtistBaptista Posts: 7,429
    Forum Member
    It's a big cringeworthy seeing people passionately defending the show in the comments. The Daily Mail wants this type of reaction, that's why it runs such stories and gets so many hits on their website.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,273
    Forum Member
    Yera wrote: »
    I saw it and thought it was very funny! Actually I thought Gabby Logan spoiled the whole thing as she took it all too seriously- it was a good laugh ok a few risque jokes but it made me laugh out loud more than once.
    If people don't like a show , use the remote and switch over- simple as that

I don't think Gabby spoilt it at all. She was the straight 'man' to Richard, who was the best thing about the show. Very funny without the gimmicks and without feeling the need to snigger and be childish as if he's still at school. Not that I was offended by any of the others, I thought they were quite funny in places. Just an end of year comedy quiz, after the watershed. I don't see why tv should be 'cleaned up,' as the lady in the DM article said (Margaret, I've forgotten her surname!) It's an adult show and if people let their kids watch it it's up to them, but if it's on after 9pm then shows may feature unsuitable subjects for kids, or they may not. I don't want to be treated like a child and told what's acceptable and what's not acceptable for me to watch.

This is 2013 and swear words are still bleeped out of HIGNFY, for example, when it's shown after 10.30pm. I know some people are still offended by swearing, before someone has a go at me :D
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shane54 wrote: »
    The worst thing is those awful women from parents watch groups going on about the effect of this type on children. Well love if your letting your kids watch a comedy show with Jimmy Carr to then no point complaining to others about your awful parenting skills.

Coudn't agree more.

I couldn't help the irony of the Daily Heil reprinting what was said 'to let readers make up their own minds' ... Yeah, right. :rolleyes: To try and turn this into Sachsgate 2 and restoke the Heil's longstanding battle with C4, more like.

And coming from the newspaper that supported Hitler and Mussolini ...
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,273
    Forum Member
    Fowl Fax wrote: »
    I was offended by Jimmy Carr's awful fake laugh.

Had to switch over to MOTD.

Yes, Jimmy's laugh was the only thing that got on my nerves a bit :D
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    I don't think Gabby spoilt it at all. She was the straight 'man' to Richard, who was the best thing about the show. Very funny without the gimmicks and without feeling the need to snigger and be childish as if he's still at school. Not that I was offended by any of the others, I thought they were quite funny in places. Just an end of year comedy quiz, after the watershed. I don't see why tv should be 'cleaned up,' as the lady in the DM article said (Margaret, I've forgotten her surname!) It's an adult show and if people let their kids watch it it's up to them, but if it's on after 9pm then shows may feature unsuitable subjects for kids, or they may not. I don't want to be treated like a child and told what's acceptable and what's not acceptable for me to watch.

This is 2013 and swear words are still bleeped out of HIGNFY, for example, when it's shown after 10.30pm. I know some people are still offended by swearing, before someone has a go at me :D
    I honestly had no idea who the Richard guy was I think he was a bit of a handful for her!!