James Frain/upcoming BBC drama The Tunnel

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
Forum Member
http://watch.accesshollywood.com/video/the-white-queen:-james-frain-rebecca-ferguson-on-why-people-are-fascinated-by-royals/2575423288001

James Frain, possibly the best actor in The White Queen, announced in the above interview that he's been cast in a new drama for BBC, The Tunnel. It's going to be a sort of bi-lingual (English/French) version of the Scandinavian drama The Bridge. No other news as to who has been cast yet, the BBC website has a press release from a few months back, but it does sound promising. Will James be cast as a baddie again? Something for all his fans to look forward to anyway!

Comments

• daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. I love James Frain. He was amazing in True Blood, loved him in the Tudors and thought he was fab in the White Queen.

I'll give anything with him in it a chance!
  • MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Question: Is this the same programme which Sky Atlantic are promoting. An international crime drama. I am confused because the OP mentions the BBC yet Sky Atlantic are promoting it.
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morgsie wrote: »
    Question: Is this the same programme which Sky Atlantic are promoting. An international crime drama. I am confused because the OP mentions the BBC yet Sky Atlantic are promoting it.

You're seeing ads for the US remake of The Bridge, which is also called The Bridge and is set in the US and Mexico.

The Uk version will be called the Tunnel (Channel Tunnel) and will be set in England and France, made by the BBC.
  • MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're seeing ads for the US remake of The Bridge, which is also called The Bridge and is set in the US and Mexico.

The Uk version will be called the Tunnel (Channel Tunnel) and will be set in England and France, made by the BBC.

There is a Sky Atlantic page about this programme, http://skyatlantic.sky.com/shows/the-tunnel

It is being aired on Sky Atlantic not the BBC
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    The Tunnel is a co-production between Sky Atlantic and Canal+ http://skyatlantic.sky.com/the-tunnel/Sky-Atlantic-ventures-into-The-Tunnel nothing to do with the BBC. Not sure where you got the BBC from, as Frain doesn't say it's for them in the video.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    angiebroch wrote: »
    No other news as to who has been cast yet...

There has been plenty of news. The show starts in the autumn. The main British role is played by Stephen Dillane, and the main French one by Clemence Poesy. Keeley Hawes and Angel Coulby are two actresses in it whom I am familiar with.

And the moderators should be contacted and asked to change the thread title. The show is a Sky Atlantic drama, not a BBC drama.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member

The US show isn't even going to air in the UK. The company "Shine" has a financial interest in both the US remake and the UK/French one, and they seem to have kept the US show from being sold to any channel in the UK (while it has been sold around the world). It looks like Shine doesn't want to take the wind out of the sails of The Tunnel by exposing the UK to the US remake first. Maybe after The Tunnel has aired in the UK they won't mind if a UK channel buys the US show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Apologies for my errors. I was not aware this was a Sky production, and do not subscribe to Sky or read any of their publicity. Well corrected.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds awful and unnecessary.