Bullseye series 1 on challenge tonight!

Comments

• 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I may even watch them both again! I loved them!!!

Aww I cannot believe I missed this so I'll be setting the TiVo just in case I forget again!

Were the ATV idents shown at the start and the end did you see?
  • deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking on youtube it looks like Eggheads Daphine has been on quite a few quiz shows over the years.

Indeed. She seems to have been on everything in the UK and some stuff abroad. She wins my award of most annoying person on TV.
  • Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    Aww I cannot believe I missed this so I'll be setting the TiVo just in case I forget again!

Were the ATV idents shown at the start and the end did you see?

Zoom 2 ident at the start. Blue endcap at the end followed by Carlton tosh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lilylilac wrote: »
    20 quid wasn't worth much more than it is now. .
    Brian had dragged that suit out of the back of his wardrobe for his 15 minutes, he probably hadn't worn it since 1972, it was at least 6 years after flares were a nooooo.

Nicholas Parsons was still wearing flares on Sale of the Century right up until it was axed! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zoom 2 ident at the start. Blue endcap at the end followed by Carlton tosh

Thanks Central, it wouldn't be the same really without them :)

<ATV I mean, not the Carlton rubbish>
  • AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member
    Thanks Central, it wouldn't be the same really without them :)

<ATV I mean, not the Carlton rubbish>

Of course, some TV station logo really impacts on the programme, doesn't it?

I will be watching the repeat of this on Sunday night, can't wait to see the shambles that many of you are describing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AidanLunn wrote: »
    Of course, some TV station logo really impacts on the programme, doesn't it?

What a sarcastic (and pointless) comment to make :rolleyes:

Perhaps you're not bothered by idents, which is fair enough, but there's no need to be nasty towards those who like them
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    Lilylilac wrote: »
    What series did the mass murderer appear on? I bet they don't show that one.

You'll find the show on Youtube but I shouldn't think they will ever show it on TV.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cooper_%28serial_killer%29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x3dH3B2zsM
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    misha06 wrote: »
    This really could have been a spoof.

"20 quid question, on the Bible".

"Sorry to loose you, here's your 20 quid and a chalk holder" - Produces the largest bank notes ever seen to mankind

Waiting whilst contestant in huge, ridiculous flares takes his coat off.

Fiddles with the darts, erm yes that's 11.

Epic, comedy gold.:D

I was a kid in flares when this was made, my initial thoughts were that this was the unaired pilot then I saw the second episode.:eek:
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It was a bit all over the place wasn't it. What was it with Jim's scoring. Twiddling the dart after every throw. Talk about wrecking rhythm.
    Added to the fact that he called the first score wrong. :D

And the points for questions seemed...erm...pointless. Most of the time they didn't use the points asked for anyway.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The star prize on bullys board is always the tv and cabinet they either had a job load or no one ever won it.

Bet they had a shed full of those lighters.
    Forum Member
    The one I watched the other night had an old grey music centre in a cabinet and it was just like one my parents had.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to two more editions of this later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :confused::confused::confused: The man misses a 10 question on spelling and lands in 30 food and gets to answer a 30 question?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »

Bet they had a shed full of those lighters.

In these anti-smoking times, can you imagine the uproar if a pair of lighters were given away as a prize now? :D
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christ that was bad. Watching it for nostalgia purposes only but one episode was enough for me. I know low rent quiz shows were generally crap in the early 80's but this was beyond the pale. Thank god it was given the time to improve. These days the pilot alone would have been laughed out of the execs room.

Had to laugh at the cliche speedboat at the end.

Quick question - why the obsession with moustaches ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    Christ that was bad. Watching it for nostalgia purposes only but one episode was enough for me. I know low rent quiz shows were generally crap in the early 80's but this was beyond the pale. Thank god it was given the time to improve. These days the pilot alone would have been laughed out of the execs room.

The ladies hadn't heard of immac in those days.:D
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim - "are you working ?"

Contestant - "no"

Jim - "never mind"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In these anti-smoking times, can you imagine the uproar if a pair of lighters were given away as a prize now? :D

I hear after this first series this studio set burned down to the ground in a freak fire, causing £1.50 worth of damage.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim - "are you working ?"

Contestant - "no"

Jim - "never mind"

Lovely, Super, Smashing. LOL
  • Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member

It was then. Peter Harris and Jim Bowen told us the first episodes was recorded over before they was even aired as they was so bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crowby1 wrote: »
    I hear after this first series this studio set burned down to the ground in a freak fire, causing £1.50 worth of damage.

:D:D is that £1.50 1981 money or 2013 money?
    Forum Member
    Anyone know what make/model the red hatchback was in the first episode?
  • FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim Bowen perfected his own brand of uneasy banter with the guests. I love watching it even if it is through my fingers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    :D:D is that £1.50 1981 money or 2013 money?

Hehe, yep that's a good point, I should've specified. That's £1.50 in current terms. It was 20p in actual money back in 1981. Blu Tac and crate paper didn't come cheap.