Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 173)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45,402
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    Re Brendan's possible reconciliation with his kids, I must say I was hoping for a bit more than 'Did you see your kids?' 'Yes.'

I don't really think he could've gone into detail to Ste without sounding like he was bragging and really it would've come across careless even if he didn't mean it that way, and he didn't really have anyone else to talk to about it, so I was expecting it to short when I saw the way they were acting with each other.

He could've spoken to Cheryl, I suppose, but she's more bothered about her new boyfriend than how her own brother is doing. :p
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    tezzabobs wrote: »
    I don't really think he could've gone into detail to Ste without sounding like he was bragging and really it would've come across careless even if he didn't mean it that way, and he didn't really have anyone else to talk to about it, so I was expecting it to short when I saw the way they were acting with each other.

He could've spoken to Cheryl, I suppose, but she's more bothered about her new boyfriend than how her own brother is doing. :p
    I guess so. I would hope there will be some further mention* - after all, Ste ought to have more than a little empathy with Brendan in this matter - but I'm not holding my breath.

As for Cheryl, she really has turned into a self-centred cow, hasn't she?

* Also, to step outside the fictional world, we the viewers and TPTB know that Brendan does not have much time left in which to sort things out with his kids, while Ste only has that same length of time in which he won't be able to see his kids (if you see what I mean). In addition, Ste knows his kids love him, while Brendan believe his kids hate him. And yet we are being led to care more about Ste's position than about Brendan's.
    Forum Member
    I guess so. I would hope there will be some further mention - after all, Ste ought to have more than a little empathy with Brendan in this matter - but I'm not holding my breath.

I think, now things have settled between them, Ste could possibly bring it up tonight but yeah, I wouldn't be too hopeful. ;)

One thing is for sure, as lovely as Bronagh is, I won't miss Cheryl one bit. Brady or not, I think she's an awful character. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re Brendan's possible reconciliation with his kids, I must say I was hoping for a bit more than 'Did you see your kids?' 'Yes.'

I was gonna say same thing as Tezza did it looked like he just didnt want to say anything because it would come off as him rubbing it in his face. He doesn't have anyone in the village to talk to just Ste, he could have told Mitzeee but well you know...
    Forum Member
    I think, now things have settled between them, Ste could possibly bring it up tonight but yeah, I wouldn't be too hopeful. ;)

One thing is for sure, as lovely as Bronagh is, I won't miss Cheryl one bit. Brady or not, I think she's an awful character. :o
    I'm really annoyed about what they have done with Cheryl. I used to like her a lot, and I loved the whole brother/sister dynamic between her and Brendan, but they have changed her beyond recognition, and not in a good way.
  • spimfspimf Posts: 6,342
    Forum Member
    Is it tonight that Brendan and Ste are actually happy? :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess so. I would hope there will be some further mention* - after all, Ste ought to have more than a little empathy with Brendan in this matter - but I'm not holding my breath.

* Also, to step outside the fictional world, we the viewers and TPTB know that Brendan does not have much time left in which to sort things out with his kids, while Ste only has that same length of time in which he won't be able to see his kids (if you see what I mean). In addition, Ste knows his kids love him, while Brendan believe his kids hate him. And yet we are being led to sympathize more with Ste's position than with Brendan's.

I don't think it's really a competition between the two, though.

Ste's children leaving are obviously the focus right now because it happened just a couple of weeks ago.

I imagine that people are able to feel sympathy for them both, I know I do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spimf wrote: »

Apparently so. :cool:

Did you see last night's episode, spimf?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Marriage talk tonight :D
    Forum Member

Apparently so. ;)
    Forum Member
    x-Maya-x wrote: »
    I don't think it's really a competition between the two, though.

Ste's children leaving are obviously the focus right now because it happened just a couple of weeks ago.

I imagine that people are able to feel sympathy for them both, I know I do.
    No, I don't see it as a competition, and I certainly sympathize with both. What I mean is that TPTB are not affording Brendan's relationship with his kids - given his imminent departure - the importance that it should have.
    Forum Member
    No, I don't see it as a competition, and I certainly sympathize with both. What I mean is that TPTB are not giving Brendan's relationship with his kids - given his imminent departure - the importance that it should have.

I'm not sure what they could do, really. Jay Duffy said quite a while ago now that he wouldn't be coming back as Declan again, so they couldn't bring them into the show.

I think just knowing Brendan was allowed to see them (when just in December, Eileen refused to let him barely even speak to them) is enough for me, and knowing he got to see them too.

And it's really only Declan who has the problems with Brendan. Paddy seemed more than pleased to see him at Christmas.
  • Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone else gutted that Brendan doesn't know about Ste getting into a fight yet? :(
    Forum Member
    I also have to express how much I love that neither Ste or Brendan apologise to each other.

Brendan didn't apologise for not calling, he didn't apologise for leaving, and Ste didn't apologise for being morngy, didn't apologise for basically telling Brendan to leave.

They literally just kissed and made up. :o
  • GoingtothebeachGoingtothebeach Posts: 19,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radio.Gaga wrote: »
    Is anyone else gutted that Brendan doesn't know about Ste getting into a fight yet? :(

I like to think that Ste bragged about it post-shag. :cool:
  • AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,903
    Forum Member
    Morning.
    Apparently so. ;)
    :cool:
    I also have to express how much I love that neither Ste or Brendan apologise to each other.

Brendan didn't apologise for not calling, he didn't apologise for leaving, and Ste didn't apologise for being morngy, didn't apologise for basically telling Brendan to leave.

They literally just kissed and made up. :o
    Oh god yes, I so agree. I love how you'd think they hate each other sometimes when they're rowing or sulking or whatever, but that it doesn't make any difference to how much they love each other.
  • spimfspimf Posts: 6,342
    Forum Member

Did you see last night's episode, spimf?

I did, but I was baking so wasn't giving it my full attention :D

I did love Brendan telling Kevin not to insult Ste, especially when he rubbed his stubble over his ear, i've missed slightly bonkers Brendan ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved that Spimf! It was very old Brendan! :D
    Morning.

:cool:

Oh god yes, I so agree. I love how you'd think they hate each other sometimes when they're rowing or sulking or whatever, but that it doesn't make any difference to how much they love each other.

Exactly. :o

They're just passionate in all they do.
    Forum Member
    I did, but I was baking so wasn't giving it my full attention :D

I did love Brendan telling Kevin not to insult Ste, especially when he rubbed his stubble over his ear, i've missed slightly bonkers Brendan ;)
    Bonkers is good.
  • AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,903
    Forum Member
    We don't know anything about the week after allegation week, do we, other than that Brendan's missing for at least the start of the week? It's disappointing that Brendan's not there when it's Nigel Keen directing. The writers (in order) are Bede Blake, Grant Black, Suhayla El-Bushra, Tom Higgins and Niki Rooney. I'd love Brendan to be back in time for Tom's episode, but I suppose it's possible he's not even back by the Friday.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bugger. :(

Do we have any spoilers for that week?
  • Ayla_89Ayla_89 Posts: 39,663
    Forum Member

Oh me too :D It was great, he was tender yet terrifying :cool:
    Forum Member
    Bugger. :(

Do we have any spoilers for that week?

We have the Waveguide ones.

Doesn't sound like a thrilling week, really. But they're quite sparse.
  • Ayla_89Ayla_89 Posts: 39,663
    Forum Member
  • Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brendan best be back by the Friday.

We'll only have 3 weeks left after that :(
This discussion has been closed.