DS Fantasy Eurovision 33 - Cardiff

Comments

• JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    kvn wrote: »
    Jordan, sleep with one eye open :D

I didn't know :( I just saw that you'd sent me my countries so I assumed you were game as a badger.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I've found both my songs.

I'm determined to have a very successful year!
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the format of no QFs because it means too many songs get cut at one go imo, and songs don't have a chance to grow, but oh well.

I think I found two good songs. :p We'll see!
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    Ok songs are flying in. Please send them again on Sunday/read the thread :p.
  • PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    could always reveal the ones you have now and then have no reveals while your away until sunday

just a suggestion - don't kill me
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok songs are flying in. Please send them again on Sunday/read the thread :p.

I suggest you swap one of their countries with mine as punishment. :)
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is awkward but i'm not around between Sunday & Tuesday, so I sent my songs in, sorry, I probably should've said.
    Forum Member
    I suggest you swap one of their countries with mine as punishment. :)

:D
    This is awkward but i'm not around between Sunday & Tuesday, so I sent my songs in, sorry, I probably should've said.

That's fair enough.
    Pooley wrote: »
    could always reveal the ones you have now and then have no reveals while your away until sunday

just a suggestion - don't kill me

Kills.
  • stanld03stanld03 Posts: 2,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad Country Checklist:

More than 1 hour spent scrawling youtube - Check
    Awful video - Check
    Annoyingly catchy - Check

:p
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I just struck gold with one of my countries with a youtube playlist :) just need to pick the right one.
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprising found some great songs from a crap country:)
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing countries, probably the best pair i've had. Thanks kvn :)
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definatly not winning with these two :|
  • mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 is OK, the other one is crap.
    Forum Member
    I don't like the format of no QFs because it means too many songs get cut at one go imo, and songs don't have a chance to grow, but oh well.

I think I found two good songs. :p We'll see!

I take that point but I think that's part of Eurovision which is what the game is! If you think your songs need time to grow on people, pick something else :D
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    I hate my countries :S
  • Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take that point but I think that's part of Eurovision which is what the game is! If you think your songs need time to grow on people, pick something else

i just think people will take less risks.. and that results in more boring run-of-the-mill songs.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gwen 404 wrote: »
    i just think people will take less risks.. and that results in more boring run-of-the-mill songs.

You usually send those anyway Gwen :p
  • Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    Please start revealing!
    Forum Member

I'd say the opposite. Semi final's should encourage stand out entries, uniqueness and marmite songs. Plus what is a boring run of the mill song to you might not be to the next person. Some of those contests last year were huge with endless rounds and when it came to CoC I didn't recognise half of the songs.

If a song can't make it into the top 12 from 23 songs it won't make a final whether there's quarter finals or not. It's hardly like only the top 5 make it. I dunno why people are so desperate to hang onto them but it's each to their own. I'm a traditionalist so if I'm hosting I'm having semi finals. Kapeesh :p
  • Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    You usually send those anyway Gwen :p

only to appeal to you lot :sleep: im done though, i will from now on only send in things i like :p

so no final for me :D
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

so no final for me :D

I'll be joining you with that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say the opposite. Semi final's should encourage stand out entries, uniqueness and marmite songs. Plus what is a boring run of the mill song to you might not be to the next person. Some of those contests last year were huge with endless rounds and when it came to CoC I didn't recognise half of the songs.

If a song can't make it into the top 12 from 23 songs it won't make a final whether there's quarter finals or not. It's hardly like only the top 5 make it. I dunno why people are so desperate to hang onto them but it's each to their own. I'm a traditionalist so if I'm hosting I'm having semi finals. Kapeesh :p

I agree, we did fine before the QFs were first introduced. If I ever get to host (lol) I'll be keeping semis as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a miracle!! I've managed to unearth something for my bad country that doesn't make me want to slit my wrists :D
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yugimuto1 wrote: »
    Please start revealing!

I take it, you didn't read kvn's post?