Boy George he looks so different these days.

2»

Comments

• mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He always ate healthy-ish foods the past 10 years or so, he just had no portion control! His new diet is small portions with strict breaks in-between and he has even given some publicity to his nutritionist recently.

I don't think he's on drugs, he's also mentioned he's returned to Buddhism as well. He's been generally more positive/upbeat since he left prison. He's definitely undergone some change for the good, whether people like him or not.

I just wish he would stop that silly pout he makes on his tweet photos, it does his new thinner self no justice!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy for him, he looks great.
    Nice work, Geo . .
  • MP3_4_LifeMP3_4_Life Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Sometimes in life no matter who you are you reach a point where you think to yourself "time to sort myself out" (and actually stick to it) maybe just maybe this has happened and if it has, good luck to him. He is an 80s icon and he has had more ups n downs than a rollercoaster. I hope he sticks with whatever he is doing as obviously it is doing him good.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    Nikkiclody wrote: »
    He looks like his Dad now, with the beard..only I don't think his Father wore so much make-up!

Lots of rumours about him though, that he is back on heroin or has HIV..the last time he lost weight so quickly he was a junkie :(

Lost weight so quickly? Hasn't he been steadily losing weight for well over a year now?
  • glowboyglowboy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    It's amazing how many celebrities who used to be very overweight, and indeed for decades in some instances, are now miraculously stick thin and putting it down to a simple change in diet.

Such dishonesty. You aren't obese for 30 years and in the space of 12 months lose three-quarters of your bodyweight because of simply eating raw food or cutting back on sugar!!!

Puhlease.

If it wasn't for gastric bands they would all still be as fat as they were in 1983... 1991...2000... 2010...
  • glowboyglowboy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    MP3_4_Life wrote: »
    Sometimes in life no matter who you are you reach a point where you think to yourself "time to sort myself out" (and actually stick to it) maybe just maybe this has happened and if it has, good luck to him. He is an 80s icon and he has had more ups n downs than a rollercoaster. I hope he sticks with whatever he is doing as obviously it is doing him good.

Alison Moyet, Boy George, Ricky Gervais, Fern Britton, Kelly Osbourne, Josie Gibson to name but a few all had exactly the same idea at the same time, and it's just a coincidence it happened when a procedure became more readily available to significantly help lose a lot of weight?

LOL!!!

I'm not against gastric bands, but it's a shame the public are being led to believe it's a diet of raw food that helps you lose huge amounts of weight.
    Forum Member
    glowboy wrote: »
    It's amazing how many celebrities who used to be very overweight, and indeed for decades in some instances, are now miraculously stick thin and putting it down to a simple change in diet.

Such dishonesty. You aren't obese for 30 years and in the space of 12 months lose three-quarters of your bodyweight because of simply eating raw food or cutting back on sugar!!!

Puhlease.

If it wasn't for gastric bands they would all still be as fat as they were in 1983... 1991...2000... 2010...

Who was obese for 30 years? Am not sure who you are talking about there. Alison Moyet?

If you lost 2 pounds sensibly every week over 12 months that equates to 7 stones and in the case of Boy George's weight problem, I doubt he was ever 7 stones overweight. I mean, It's not like he was one of those "I can't walk, I can't leave the house" obese types.
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alison Moyet, Boy George, Ricky Gervais, Fern Britton, Kelly Osbourne, Josie Gibson to name but a few all had exactly the same idea at the same time, and it's just a coincidence it happened when a procedure became more readily available to significantly help lose a lot of weight?

LOL!!!

I'm not against gastric bands, but it's a shame the public are being led to believe it's a diet of raw food that helps you lose huge amounts of weight.

Don't know where you have been for the last ten years but Alison Moyet lost her weight years ago well before all this so called gastric band trend, not every celeb who has ever lost weight has a band fitted they do actually diet and I think it just plain nasty to throw around accusations like you do without any proof:mad:
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    He looks emaciated, if anything.

You really think so?

Because, I've found that some people always need to find negatives in these situations. They're either too big or too thin. And as soon as a celebrity loses some weight, they're either on drugs or have an eating disorder.
    Forum Member
    spookyLX wrote: »
    Don't know where you have been for the last ten years but Alison Moyet lost her weight years ago well before all this so called gastric band trend, not every celeb who has ever lost weight has a band fitted they do actually diet and I think it just plain nasty to throw around accusations like you do without any proof:mad:

Well said, and part of the point I was making. It is perfectly realistic for someone to have lost a significant amount of weight over a year by natural methods, and just because the opportunity is there to have a rubber band tied around part of your stomach, that doesn't mean that every celeb is at it, because they can't stop eating otherwise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Did he give away all his silly hats to Adam Ant? :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Why are people being so negative? or assuming the worst?
    George has lost weight, well done to him. He looks great.

He looks amazing. He's gradually lost the weight over 4 years, it wasn't a sudden weight loss at all, as someone has suggested above. He's been on his raw diet for 4 years now and it is a fact that eating well and drinking plenty of water helps your skin. It's helped mine. I'm only just pushing 40 but I'm by no means young and my skin too is glowing, thanks to lots of water and fresh fruit and veg.

He certainly is not back on drugs as someone else suggested. In fact, when he WAS taking the Columbian Marching Powder, he was fat. And he doesn't have HIV either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Puhlease.

You seriously think George was obese for 30 years?? You think he was obese when Culture Club were huge in the early 80s? You think he was obese when he was a heroin addict in 1986? You think he was obese when he made his comebacks in the late 80s and early 90s? He was only obese just before he actually went into prison 4 and a half years ago. He was no doubt eating for 3 then due to worry about it, and by the time he came out of prison 4 months later, he had already lost quite a bit of weight then.

I really wish people (in general) wouldn't start stupid rumours just because someone - over a 4 year period - has GRADUALLY lost weight. He looks amazing and he's done it slowly and healthily, the right way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    Did he give away all his silly hats to Adam Ant? :rolleyes:

No, but he has recently put one up for auction to help a family friend's little girl who is suffering from cancer.

And I don't think his hats are silly. They are beautifully made by Phillip Treacey who also does the Queen's hats. ;)
  • MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    Its nice to see George looking so well :)
  • magnificentmagnificent Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No plastic surgery. I follow him on twitter and he's a follows a strict raw food diet. He looks fab! Always liked him and his music.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, but he has recently put one up for auction to help a family friend's little girl who is suffering from cancer.

And I don't think his hats are silly. They are beautifully made by Phillip Treacey who also does the Queen's hats
    . ;)

Well Said RoseP. ;)
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No plastic surgery. I follow him on twitter and he's a follows a strict raw food diet. He looks fab! Always liked him and his music.

I don't know how he can eat raw vegetables. I'm all for cooking them just to the point of being edible, but raw? Urgh! Still, it's up to him I suppose.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I don't know how he can eat raw vegetables. I'm all for cooking them just to the point of being edible, but raw? Urgh! Still, it's up to him I suppose.

You've never eaten raw vegetables? :confused: Carrots? Peppers? Onions? Cabbage? Celery? Peas from the pod?

Have you never had a salad then?