Leona Lewis - 4th Studio Album confirmed

SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QkhSj8sfV_4

Min 05.30 !

She's recording an album! It's official, confirmed by herself!

Comments

• AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Praying it doesn't take 3 years this time".
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »

She says it will be out in time for Christmas and I believe that, she won't be allowed the freedom this time to take as long as she did with Glassheart. Syco will probably be a hell of a lot more involved and will no doubt make sure she gets it out at Christmas.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys this actually looks bad these rush releases r 2 ensure that the artist meets the requirements of the number of albums made under her record deal. This could be Leona's last album with Syco.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys this actually looks bad these rush releases r 2 ensure that the artist meets the requirements of the number of albums made under her record deal. This could be Leona's last album with Syco.

BIB: Hallelujah.

This will be her fourth album, she signed a five album deal. They still make money from Leona, she just completed a UK and Germany tour and she has been saying recently she wants to expand it and do more dates later in the year.

Plus maybe now she has new management things will be better planned and they will help guide her career better.

They may be rushing an album out because they realised the gap between her last ones had a huge effect and they don't want to risk that. Plus she is fresh in people's minds from the tour, so hopefully that will help sales aswell.
  • _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas/Holiday album?
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    BIB: Hallelujah.

This will be her fourth album, she signed a five album deal. They still make money from Leona, she just completed a UK and Germany tour and she has been saying recently she wants to expand it and do more dates later in the year.

I can't imagine they currently make much from her, if anything at all. All profits made from the tour would surely have to go towards recuperating the no doubt mass losses Glassheart will have caused Syco?

This album really is the very definition of make or break for Leona. The only reason she's even getting a fourth album is because of the substantial large amounts of profit she has made Syco in the past ... those kudos points and that goodwill however will only last so far. I think she may be suffering from a case of ShayneWarditis when it comes to Mr S. Cowell. Somebody bigger and more profitable has come along and Simon's interest in his once biggest star is practically zero. She won't get a another chance if things go as disastrously this time around as they did last.

I can't see her ever being publicly dropped though while X-Factor is still on air. The dropping and admitted failure of the X-Factor mascot would be an humiliating blow to the brand. All this is talk is very premature though I know, I should hope Syco will go full out on this campaign and lessons will have been learnt.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait
    While i respected the route she went down for Glassheart, i only liked about 4 songs.
    Would really like her to return commericial success. It seems people still only remember her for Bleeding love and that isn't even the best she has ever done.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    So 3008 wrote: »
    I can't imagine they currently make much from her, if anything at all. All profits made from the tour would surely have to go towards recuperating the no doubt mass losses Glassheart will have caused Syco?

This album really is the very definition of make or break for Leona. The only reason she's even getting a fourth album is because of the substantial large amounts of profit she has made Syco in the past ... those kudos points and that goodwill however will only last so far. I think she may be suffering from a case of ShayneWarditis when it comes to Mr S. Cowell. Somebody bigger and more profitable has come along and Simon's interest in his once biggest star is practically zero. She won't get a another chance if things go as disastrously this time around as they did last.

I can't see her ever being publicly dropped though while X-Factor is still on air. The dropping and admitted failure of the X-Factor mascot would be an humiliating blow to the brand. All this is talk is very premature though I know, I should hope Syco will go full out on this campaign and lessons will have been learnt.

A lot has changed as I do think 1D have become the representative for the X Factor brand.
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    A lot has changed as I do think 1D have become the representative for the X Factor brand.

Boy bands are different though. It's much easier to market 5 good looking boys who are happy singing any songs they are given. I still think a lot of solo acts, especially females, look to Leona as their inspiration for doing X Factor. I mean she (at one point) sold millions off the back of a great voice and great songs, and 7 years later she's still earning a lot of money and getting to tour and do gigs on a global scale. Though her commercial success has dwindled, she still has a career and probably always will have to an extent (even if that is doing private gigs at corporate events). It's debatable whether One Direction will be around in 7 years because boybands have an expiry date. Leona is hailed as The X Factor queen, dropping her bring a lot of bad publicity for the show. That's not to say it wouldn't happen, they'd just make it appear like she's switched to a new label out of choice rather than saying that they dropped her.

A lot is riding on the fourth album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    The downside is that we are unlikely to get an album as good as glass heart (I still think that album suffered from bad pr, majority of the songs were brilliant and CURRENT), the upside is we get new music and she is closer to fulfilling her deal with syco/sony so she can get the heck out of there and onto a better label.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    Boy bands are different though. It's much easier to market 5 good looking boys who are happy singing any songs they are given. I still think a lot of solo acts, especially females, look to Leona as their inspiration for doing X Factor. I mean she (at one point) sold millions off the back of a great voice and great songs, and 7 years later she's still earning a lot of money and getting to tour and do gigs on a global scale. Though her commercial success has dwindled, she still has a career and probably always will have to an extent (even if that is doing private gigs at corporate events). It's debatable whether One Direction will be around in 7 years because boybands have an expiry date. Leona is hailed as The X Factor queen, dropping her bring a lot of bad publicity for the show. That's not to say it wouldn't happen, they'd just make it appear like she's switched to a new label out of choice rather than saying that they dropped her.

A lot is riding on the fourth album.

Yeah but also..One Direction didn't actually win the competition. Leona was always the best example of what winning the competition could do for you. The only other winners that have had any real success are Alexandra Burke and Little Mix. I suppose Shayne Ward was kind of successful for a little while...

I also hope she is releasing a Christmas album. :) That is definitely the right direction to go in and I hope she will release an original Xmas song as we haven't had a decent one of those for ages.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suggested a Christmas/ Winter album on here a while ago and it got a good response. So I hope this is true. Perhaps it could include a new version of A Moment like This.
  • johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    I suggested a Christmas/ Winter album on here a while ago and it got a good response. So I hope this is true. Perhaps it could include a new version of A Moment like This.

I definitely think that would be a good move!
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I hope that she doesn't get creative decision over this album. I loved Glassheart and most of her fans did but it seems that the casual fans didn't have time for it. As long as it's good, I'll be here for it, I want some songs like Forgive Me and Take A Bow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »

3 years between albums isn't such a problem with good management behind the artist. There has almost been 3 years since Teenage Dream(Katy Perry), yet her star has risen. Leona's has dropped :( Before people say their personalities are completely different - you're right. I personally like Leona's personality but that refusing to sing incident on that overseas X Factor show was a classic example of how the general public are rarely allowed to see it.
    This could be Leona's last album with Syco.

One can only hope, and I say that regardless of how well the 4th album does. (As a fan, I hope it does superbly, of course.)
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs songs like Yesterday, Take a Bow, Best You Never Had, Forgive Me from her first album on this album. I loved her First Album
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt she'll even make the top 40 once the X Factor is finished. The sad truth is she will always be a product of the show and i don't think she has the ability to survive in the charts without it
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I've wanted her to do a Christmas album for ages and I've seen a lot of her fans on twitter suggest the same.
    This could be amazing.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,863
    Forum Member
    Said many times before- she has a nice voice but no star quality.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona has plenty of star quality in her performances and her voice - she is also stunningly beautiful. I mean facially - has supermodel looks.

In her interviews she reminds me of Kate Bush, another singer who appears awkward being interviewed. She, strangely enough, was also criticised for the use of 'amazing' in her interviews (as well as use of 'incredible' and 'cool'). Kate actually hit back in the lyrics of the song Wow, where she used these two adjectives throughout.

I often wish interviewers would ask her more about her song writing and production of her music. They might then get a more interesting response from her.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely loved Glassheart, unfortunately it suffered from huge lack of promo and wrong single choices, the next album HAS to rectify this, it needs perfect single releases and a sh*t tonne of promotion, she needs to be prepared to work it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can already see this album -
    Leona - A Wonderful Christmas

Including: Silent Night, When A Child Was Born, Oh Holy Night and The New Single - Christmas In London.

I would put money on it, that's its an album with Christmas covers and 3 or 4 original festive sounding songs.

If a Christmas album gets released this year her career is over.

If however she can hook up with Ryan Tedder for a radio friendly smash hit, then there might be life in her career yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona having creative control is no bad thing. Glassheart is a great album.

Syco are to blame, as usual. First of all, she really needed two singles running up to the album to build some buzz. Trouble as the summer single and, oh I don't know.. the damn title track as the album lead-in single?

Please don't wreck this, Syco. This could be her last shot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Leona having creative control is no bad thing. Glassheart is a great album.

Syco are to blame, as usual. First of all, she really needed two singles running up to the album to build some buzz. Trouble as the summer single and, oh I don't know.. the damn title track as the album lead-in single?

Please don't wreck this, Syco. This could be her last shot.

Trouble and Lovebird are decent enough songs, but neither of them screamed out 'single' to me. This era would have been completely different if Glassheart, Unlove Me and Come Alive had been released(in that order). But instead, it has been a depressingly colossal failure(aside from the tour, of course).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trouble and Lovebird are decent enough songs, but neither of them screamed out 'single' to me. This era would have been completely different if Glassheart, Unlove Me and Come Alive had been released(in that order). But instead, it has been a depressingly colossal failure(aside from the tour, of course).

I think if these tracks, which I liked, have followed some major big hits they'd have worked better. But she really needed a big iconic smash as a comeback single. Trouble would have been a good follow up but the album needed a HUGE song and this it lacked.

She still needs a song equal to Bleeding Love and I fear that boat has sailed.