Celebs who pile on the weight, say they are happy and then.....

theworldisajoketheworldisajoke Posts: 245
Forum Member
3 months later are back to a nice toned slim since 8.

Christina did it recently, said she was happy to be a size 16 then, lo and behold, within a couple of months she is back to her 'age 21' size.

That woman from Eastenders used to yo yo all the time and every time said she was happy when she wasn't having to diet, but then we would see her in a bikini at a size 10 or something.
Now there is nowt wrong with putting on weight but don't say you are happy the size you are then drastically lose weight in a couple of months, obviously not happy.

Comments

• Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    They are hideously insecure and don't want to admit they don't like being bigger because they get a five minute kick out of being a "YOU GO GIRL" Role model for bigger or "real" women and then when they drop the weight they get loads of praise and even more attention which is what they want.
    Just my thoughts anyway
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    I don't know how many times Oprah Winfrey has done this. Every time she gains weight she's ''more comfortable'' and ''it suits her'', but when she loses it ''it's better for my health'' and ''I'm setting a good example''.

But as Kathy Griffin said, Oprah will always be better bigger because of the size of her head.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina Aguilera? I thought she was still plus sized
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From my own personal experience with putting on weight and then losing it ( I didn't put that much on) was that I felt fine and happy with my shape until that last kilo when suddenly I felt bloated. On the other hand when I've lost weight there's been the opposite where suddenly it was too much.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a guy and have no idea about size 8, 10 or whatever!

But I lost 6 stone within 6 months, felt really shit, and am back to the weight I was, and still feel shit! haha!
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    They're lying.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it not possibe to just be comfortable at whatever size you are? You mention Christina Aguilera, her weight has always fluctuated, yet she's always genuinely seemed happy whatever shape/size she has been. Her message has always been to be confident in the skin you're in and ignore the haters, and that's exactly how she's lived her own life.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole 'phenomenon' makes a mockery of the actual business of weight loss. People like Claire Richards and Natalie Cassidy are nothing but professional yo-yo dieters and then bleat when people (inevitably) pass comment on their weight.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole 'phenomenon' makes a mockery of the actual business of weight loss. People like Claire Richards and Natalie Cassidy are nothing but professional yo-yo dieters and then bleat when people (inevitably) pass comment on their weight.

This thread is making me laugh! :D How come people can say what they like about Claire Richards and Natalie Cassidy etc and nobody says anything but if anyone mentions Dawn French or Fern Britton and their weight issues, you get slated. I can only assume it's because they are seen as "national treasures".;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    This thread is making me laugh! :D How come people can say what they like about Claire Richards and Natalie Cassidy etc and nobody says anything but if anyone mentions Dawn French or Fern Britton and their weight issues, you get slated. I can only assume it's because they are seen as "national treasures".;)

Dawn French is morbidly obese and I will say so. However, to be fair to her, she has never set herself up as a weight loss guru like Cassidy and Richards.
  • emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    I don't know how many times Oprah Winfrey has done this. Every time she gains weight she's ''more comfortable'' and ''it suits her'', but when she loses it ''it's better for my health'' and ''I'm setting a good example''.

But as Kathy Griffin said, Oprah will always be better bigger because of the size of her head.

To be fair, Oprah has admitted that when things get too much for her, she turns to food. It's her main vice.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I was really surprised when I saw Fern in Strictly as she was huge compared to how she looked on her FERN TV Talk Show!! Yet we were told by the media that she lost tons of weight on Strictly when in actual fact she had gained a lot of her original weight back before the Show!!! I was very surprised as she seems to have turned into a Fitness nut, doing miles on her bike and going to a Fitness Studio!! The fact is weight is a Problem for most of us and the celebs are more than happy to use their fame to generate more Money by doing their DVDs!!! The one that really irritated me was Coleen Nolan who spent hours telling us about the joys of her weight loss only to put it all back on and more as soon as she stopped making Money from her exercise and diet DVDs!!
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    The LiterLife celebs seem to have disappeared. What happened to Pauline Quirk?? Never see her in the media after her Literlife campaign. The wife of that Llewellyn guy, cannot think of his Name, was on TV recently and she was again huge. I felt so sorry for her as I read an article where she said she was absolutely delighted with her weight loss as she was no longer the "FAT WIFE"!!! Poor Girl.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they are overweight then let them be! It is deplorable these fatties get called names and are mocked because they are a few tonnes too much!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    Christina Aguilera? I thought she was still plus sized

I thought she was happy being "bigger" (size 14 hardly heifer!) but if anything it was the press that hounded her to get small again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now I went up to 15 stone when I was pg (from 10 st start) three years later was still 13st 6. I eventually over he course of a year being sensible got down to 9st 6lbs (target weight for height it 8st according to medica but 8st 9 according to me). At 9st 6 I felt great - everyone said i looked great so I forgot I was dieting. a year later & I am about 11st and having to start again. It's just hard work, costly and easy to forget. I am just beinging to get my mojo back to have another go but feel really down that i am actually one of those yoyo dieters you read all about.
  • Kop GirlKop Girl Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Anita you're not claiming anything and not making money dishonestly. I was absolutely outraged when I saw Natalie Cassidy on The Wright Stuff earlier this week when she said said quite honestly and without a shred of shame that she had been filming for her new fitness DVD which was better than the last one because the last one was not truthful as she had done it by not eating and doing silly things like taking pills or something like that. I wanted someone who bought it to ring up and ask for their money back as it was sold misleadingly !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ah but my point is that it is hard work & the yoyo ing although bad is showing an effort. & they would say they are happy as who wants the world to know when you feel down about yourself?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ah but my point is that it is hard work & the yoyo ing although bad is showing an effort. & they would say they are happy as who wants the world to know when you feel down about yourself?

No sorry.

Not talking about you at all, but these awful women like Cassidy and Richards yo-yo simply because it gives them a 'career' and makes them money. It's shameless and IMHO sends out a dangerous message to impressionable young women.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ah i didn't 'get' that angle - wow that is a bit of a thing - deliberatly doing it just to make money out of it...now I am happy to review products i've been given and tweet about it but I'm not after making money.
  • Kop GirlKop Girl Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    That's what I was trying to say Anita, you are not making money off the back of it nor pretending it was down to the dvd you're profiting from when it was down to not eating properly and taking things like laxatives.
  • user986user986 Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    I'm quite confused with Dawn's statements: when she lost all that weight she said she had never been that happy, blah blah blah. Now that she's piling on the pounds, she more or less has been singing the same tune... When was she lying, then or now? I am absolutely sure that nobody is happy to gain weight (unless you're a boxer training for a certain weight category, but that's another case...) and it takes a great person to admit that after a significant weightloss, maintain your weight stable is hard beyond belief. If Dawn were more sincere, I could respect her more. Still one of my fave comediennes though.
  • emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    user986 wrote: »
    I'm quite confused with Dawn's statements: when she lost all that weight she said she had never been that happy, blah blah blah. Now that she's piling on the pounds, she more or less has been singing the same tune... When was she lying, then or now? I am absolutely sure that nobody is happy to gain weight (unless you're a boxer training for a certain weight category, but that's another case...) and it takes a great person to admit that after a significant weightloss, maintain your weight stable is hard beyond belief. If Dawn were more sincere, I could respect her more. Still one of my fave comediennes though.

Dawn French's weight has been an issue that has plagued her for years and years. Of course it causes her unhappiness and scrutiny. Everyone wants to feel healthy and vibrant and energised - too much eating doesn't lead to any of those things. But giving up unhealthy eating habits does cause misery (in the short term). It's to get past that stage to long term health that's the hard part.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Humpty Dumpty Dawn French said in an interview that she regrets losing a few stone as she thinks she has betrayed "the fat club"

She would have been first screaming abuse at the term "Fat club" if she kept all her weight.

This stinks of hypocrisy using such abusive terms! :mad:
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Don't forget the term Humpty Dumpty :mad: She'd be angry at that as well.