Is your cinema fully booked yet ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
Forum Member
Our cineworld now shows 120 booked seats, almost full.

Comments

• TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine seems to oscillate wildly. There are four screens allocated, one in XD Real D 3d and the rest in regular Real D 3d (apparently we're meant to care about whatever XD means); at present there are a few tickets left for a single non-XD screening, everything else is full. When I checked on Friday the XD had a few spare seats and the non-XDs were full.

EDIT: naturally I'd most rather see it in 2d, but that's not an option. They should reserve 3d for the usual teenage male superhero garbage that can't survive on any other merits.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My VUE in Halifax has sold out one screen and just opened up another.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blackburn still has 1/4 seats left...
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Annoyingly it is too far away to get to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Brighton seems very popular, 4 screens at 2 cinemas sold out.
  • BadWolfOneBadWolfOne Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    For some reason, my local cinema is only showing it on one screen and it's sold out :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadWolfOne wrote: »
    For some reason, my local cinema is only showing it on one screen and it's sold out :(

The cinema here was the same except that when the one sold out they added a second. That then happened another two times to bring them up to four screens. Seems to have settled down now though.
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Literally so tempted to book at the O2 before it's too late, but I'm not keen on going alone from the Excel. Damn you BBC! Damn you and your poor organisation!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Literally so tempted to book at the O2 before it's too late, but I'm not keen on going alone from the Excel. Damn you BBC! Damn you and your poor organisation!

Isn't that about a fifteen minute journey? Though I guess you'd need to switch from the DLR to the Jubilee. Or figure something out with buses...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TEDR wrote: »
    Isn't that about a fifteen minute journey? Though I guess you'd need to switch from the DLR to the Jubilee. Or figure something out with buses...

Cable car has a direct route which takes about 15 to 20 minutes depending on queues. :) Would be nice taking a scenic view, for sure...
  • Dr2PatDr2Pat Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    The O2 are now having a 21:45 showing on the sky superscreen.

Link
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Screw it, I booked the tickets, normal screen at 19:30. Good to have a back-up in case I fail the BBC's bloodbath- I mean, reservation system.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cable car has a direct route which takes about 15 to 20 minutes depending on queues. :) Would be nice taking a scenic view, for sure...

There's a cable car now? I guess I've been dead* too long this time.

(* living outside London)
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Screw it, I booked the tickets, normal screen at 19:30. Good to have a back-up in case I fail the BBC's bloodbath- I mean, reservation system.

Good call!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a cable car now? I guess I've been dead* too long this time.

(* living outside London)

Oh yes, it's just a short walk downwards from the Excel! :) (And I'm a sucker for viewing London at night. :D )
    Good call!

Thanks! Hopefully the organisers will make any sort of call/communication of any basic nature soon...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, it's just a short walk downwards from the Excel! :) (And I'm a sucker for viewing London at night. :D )

It looks like it goes quite high up from my quick Google Imaging — I'll bet you can see my flat from it! I'm overseas at the minute but one day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back.
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    I'm not taking the chance of being surrounded by idiots making noise and talking throught it.....not at nearly £13 per ticket!!!:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie1 wrote: »
    I'm not taking the chance of being surrounded by idiots making noise and talking throught it...

... and that's why you'll be viewing it at a cinema rather than in your own home with your family? Hahahaha. Etc.
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    ... and that's why you'll be viewing it at a cinema rather than in your own home with your family? Hahahaha. Etc.

:confused:
    Just me and my girlfriend,a full HD 10 foot projected screen 7.1 surround,a chinese takeaway and a few beers, why waste £26 plus travelling to sit next to strangers who may well be on twitter tweeting away throughout.

no thanks, nothing against anyone going, hope you all enjoy it.:)
    Forum Member
    The cinema here was the same except that when the one sold out they added a second. That then happened another two times to bring them up to four screens. Seems to have settled down now though.

For some absurd reason, my cinema isn't adding extra screens. I shall have to watch it in the peace and quiet of my home :)
    Forum Member
    I'm not taking the chance of being surrounded by idiots making noise and talking throught it.....not at nearly £13 per ticket!!!:eek:

This put me off tbh. I like to watch Doctor Who I'm silence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused:
    Just me and my girlfriend,a full HD 10 foot projected screen 7.1 surround,a chinese takeaway and a few beers, why waste £26 plus travelling to sit next to strangers who may well be on twitter tweeting away throughout.

Pity me; I'm seeing it with Americans. My experiences so far have suggested that they will cheer and clap and possibly even give the film a standing ovation. Yet they're always perfectly calm at the theatre.

Once we've all seen it we should reconvene and compare quantity of dialogue missed due to society.
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Why are the screenings at 7.30pm? Surely it will be on earlier than that. I dont think an episode of DW has ever started as late as 7.30. Perhaps it will be adjusted when the confirmation of the screening time is announced. How are the BBC going to schedule this around Scrictly Come Dancing and X factor? Sure this has been discussed already. Just wondered what the general opinion is.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know a lot of cinemas have added extra screens, so it's kind of hard to tell how many, if any, of the original allocation are left at this point.
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Why are the screenings at 7.30pm?

The times are still to be confirmed, 7:30pm is a placeholder. It says it quite clearly when you buy tickets.
  • MODTLMODTL Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to watch the 50th in a crowded cinema. I'm going to enjoy it in HD in the comfort of my own home. Having a day of it watching 'An Unearthly Child', 'The Three Doctors', 'The Five Doctors' and 'The Web of Fear' that I'll buy from iTunes to celebrate the 50th.