sky + box frozen!!! help

tellmealltellmeall Posts: 1,468
Forum Member
✭✭✭
my sky plus box has frozen when i have been recording 2 prgrammes tonite

the red light is still on

but both programmes have ended and my remote doesnt do anything apart from volume.

if i pull out the plug will i loose the recordings from tonite??

thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shouldnt loose them no but then you wont be able to watch them anyway if the box has froze up
  • tellmealltellmeall Posts: 1,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    turned it off and lost both recordings. gutted
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    I've been getting a similar problem recently. If I am recording two programmes at the same time I can watch a previous recording if I have already started watching it before the two recordings start, but if I then want to start watching another previous recording the box freezes and I have to turn it off. Then once the programmes have stopped recording and I turn the box back on invariable one or even both of the recordings have failed :(

This morning when I turned the box on it was on the Sky Info channel so clearly it crashed last night so I unplugged it for 3 minutes and then plugged it back in again and did a test and the problem seems to have solved itself.

Not sure what caused it but it seems to be software related.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    sometimes its good to just let the box effectivly have rest by letting it power down (disconnect from the mains) every so often for like 10 minutes or so now and again. You are supposed to be able to record 2 programmes and watch something back from either the planner or anytime (if your box has it)