Madonna - MDNA (Album Thread) (Merged)

Comments

• Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah if i do manage to see her i reckon i will just be hysterical XD

Yeah totally...i mean whatever we all imagine she always tops and surprises, cannot wait and cannot believe that the tour kicks off so soon :D

Just standing there sobbing ahahaha. (y)

OMG I know. I don't want to spoil anything for myself by looking but I know I will.

Right I am going to stop procrastinating and i'm going to get cracking with my work. urgh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mediatraffic Biggest Selling Albums of 2012...as of last week -

One-third of the year is gone and the biggest-sellers to date chart looks as follows (MediaTraffic):

1.Adele/ 21/ 5,968,000

2.Lana Del Ray/ Born to die/ 1,423,000

3.Coldplay/ Mylo Xyloto/ 1,314,000

4.One Direction/ Up all night/ 1,210,000

5.Madonna/ MDNA/ 1,146,000

6.Whitney Houston/ The Greatest Hits/ 1,100,000

7.Bruce Springsteen/ Wrecking Ball/ 1,061,000

8.Adele/ 19/ 974,000

9.Rihanna/ Talk That Talk/ 953,000

Looking at the competition with actual singles/hits in the chart right now or other media circumstances...Madonna is doing very well with MDNA so far on her "non-tradit promo"

speaking of the promo...heres some news by a fansite -

"EXCLUSIVE – The MDNA Show in Tel Aviv to be Filmed for Promotional Use
    Guy Oseary was not joking when he said that the promo for Madonna’s new album MDNA and the upcoming MDNA Tour wasn’t going to be “traditional”.

Madonnarama has learned some HUGE news on the MDNA Tour.

Madonna’s management is planning on filming a few numbers at the opening show in Tel Aviv on May 31st!
    For now, four different performances will be selected and are then going to be used in the upcoming months as promo material for the MDNA Tour worldwide.

One thing is certain: the MDNA Tour is coming sooner than you think!"

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/538672_417877644903162_306553579368903_1399244_941075602_n.jpg
  • McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gang Bang, Some Girls, I Dont Give A and Love Spent are my favorites. The rest are good but superstar and turn up the radio are forgettable to me.
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    maybe its just my naff hearing but 'turn up the radio' reminds me an awful lot of daft punks 'one more time'
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe its just my naff hearing but 'turn up the radio' reminds me an awful lot of daft punks 'one more time'

I see what you mean. That song does sound very early 00s.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need to stop reading tour spoilers, however people are saying this is going to be the best tour she has ever done.. I really hope it is. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna38 wrote: »
    I need to stop reading tour spoilers, however people are saying this is going to be the best tour she has ever done.. I really hope it is. :D

I don't think anything will top Blond Ambition but I hope this one is good as she needs to raise the bar again given the under performance of the album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think anything will top Blond Ambition but I hope this one is good as she needs to raise the bar again given the under performance of the album.

Blond Ambition was her best but who knows.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I much prefer Confessions to Blond Ambition. BA sounds incredibly dated (as with all the previous tours, up until the Girlie Show) and the entire Dick Tracy segment is dreadful. I think people are blind sighted (?) by the exceptionally strong opening and the religion segment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Blonde Ambition Tour is the greatest Tour of all time...look how influential it is, the entire collaborative effort and essence of Madonna!

The choreo, the music, the set ups, the costumes....iconic from Express Yourself - Keep It Together......best, era, ever!! in the history of music IMO :cool:

To say its "dated" is a very very distant argument that is indeed irrelevant.

Confessions and the girlie show are the tours after that that i think captivate and showcase Madonna within these respective eras...poignant....MASSIVE

and this tour looks set to rival them in terms of everything...i mean jpg is back with M! And BA Tour/Confessions most definitely showcased they are the fashion genetics to rival none :cool:

I cannot wait.

ALready Madonna is set to earn exceeding 500 million dollars this eyar alone with the endorsements and tour across this era :cool:
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    josh, I disagree(partly)

While Blonde Ambition was ground breaking and inspiring, Girlie Show developed a story shaped, more theatrical story based performance art. Her vision for amazing visual interludes and varied styling or mash up of her songs were also daring and bold. But it was the reinvention tour that made it a spectaular experience. Confessions was amazing too. due to its high energy disco feel ...and that opening was as jaw dropping as reinvention. But SS wasnt as strong partly due to the songs on HC.

For me

Blonde Ambition (Groundbreaking raw story, themed theatrical art) 9/10
    Girlie Show (daring and just flowed like a story/theatre performance) 9.5/10
    ReInVention (Spectaular visual - true connection with the fans, Vogue entrance WOW! Stripped back Frozen heartbreaking) 10/10 Flawless
    Confessions (the screams before the opening - the anticipation were boy band deafening!) (9.5/10)
    S+S (varied and enjoyable - some amazing moments, opening not as strong as previous tours, ending v good, gypsy segment strong) 8.5/10
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprisingly, I never saw Blonde Ambition live. And since it's not been released on DVD, it's hard for me to fairly rate it just based on the clips on Truth or Dare.

So for me, Confessions is the best, 10/10, followed by RIT, 9/10, Sticky &Sweet, 8/10, DWT, 6/10 (interesting but too dark and arty for me, Girlie Show 5/10 (sorry, I just never liked that tour at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blond Ambition set the template for every single pop tour that has since followed.

Its as simple as that imho. Plus that was Madonna at her ultimate peak. She was the most famous person in the world in 1990. It was all about Madonna. It was a vibe and a state of mind.

However I agree with Boysforpele in that I believe Revinvention Tour was possibly her best tour in terms of connection to the crowd and the message she was trying to get across.

Its funny how her two best tours have never had official DVD releases.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    Yep Josh! I agree! Why werent they released but I guess that adds to the mystique and infamous legend of both!

Her tours are the best in the business....... .......MJ, Prince, U2, Queen and Madonna are the greatest touring artists without a doubt!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Just got an email saying my tickets for Edinburgh are being dispatched. So ****ing excited now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got an email saying my tickets for Edinburgh are being dispatched. So ****ing excited now!

YAY!! I've got my London ones (printed through ticketfast) but I'm waiting for my Birmingham ones to be dispatched. Too exciting. I don't think I can wait until July!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YAY!! I've got my London ones (printed through ticketfast) but I'm waiting for my Birmingham ones to be dispatched. Too exciting. I don't think I can wait until July!

Madonna38.....readin now about tickets etc reminded me i asked yesterday at my work i asked and mentioned about seeing the Madonna Tour and they said they will "take it into consideration" but not to take it as a yes or no yet....still AAH!!! mind bending lol :(

Will let you know when i know....there is a staff meeting on Monday ( i think) before the OFSTED come the Tuesday and Weds (AAAAH again!) so will know by Tues whether i can have that ticket or not :D...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna38.....readin now about tickets etc reminded me i asked yesterday at my work i asked and mentioned about seeing the Madonna Tour and they said they will "take it into consideration" but not to take it as a yes or no yet....still AAH!!! mind bending lol :(

Will let you know when i know....there is a staff meeting on Monday ( i think) before the OFSTED come the Tuesday and Weds (AAAAH again!) so will know by Tues whether i can have that ticket or not :D...

Okay. :D Ohh I hope you can have it :D Fingers crossed! (yn)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay. :D Ohh I hope you can have it :D Fingers crossed! (yn)

YEAH wooo...my mind is seriously bending and trippy like the Music album right now :cool:

aaaand the woooorld is spinning!! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YEAH wooo...my mind is seriously bending and trippy like the Music album right now :cool:

aaaand the woooorld is spinning!! :cool:

hehehe! At least they haven't totally ruled you out of going. So there is some hope!! As soon as you know let me know and we will sort something out (: Exciting!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vehhhreeh vehreeh exciting :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GGW is out on CD single tomorrow. There was supposed to be a picture disc too but it looks like that has been scrapped.
  • cloudycloudy Posts: 3,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GGW is out on CD single tomorrow. There was supposed to be a picture disc too but it looks like that has been scrapped.

You might have to search about but the 12" is being released. What records have it in stock.

Really p***** at the cost of the itunes download remixes. Do Interscope want GGW to scrape the top 40 or not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cloudy wrote: »
    You might have to search about but the 12" is being released. What records have it in stock.

Really p***** at the cost of the itunes download remixes. Do Interscope want GGW to scrape the top 40 or not.

Everywhere I have looked says not available and HMV took it off their site. (it was there a few weeks back and now it's not).