Android-ers, what browser do you use?

andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
Forum Member
i'm using Boat browser. I think its the best app available and pretty amazing to be honest.

I like that you can put put a toolbar at the bottom, fully customisable, so I put a search icon on it, so its useful for searches as there is now no longer a search button on android phones.

Also it has gestures like dolphin, but you don't have to go into a setting to enter the gesture, you can just do it whilst your on a normal webpage. I've set it up so when I do an s shape, it does a search. Also "e" shape loads the hotmail page. So so good.

And also very fast and bug free.

Comments

• Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The stock browser. Chrome is good on the nexus 7 but its not very good on other devices I've used.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I'm very happy with Chrome - multi tab and with the incognito function you can use multiple (well, two) google/twitter/etc. accounts at the same time.
  • boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think any of them compare to Mercury which I use on my iPad,I reckon they are all mostly poor.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boyzie wrote: »
    I dont think any of them compare to Mercury which I use on my iPad,I reckon they are all mostly poor.

I'll give mercury a go but I think safari is pretty good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I used to use Chrome but I realize that browser can't exit and always run on background (you won't find it in settings -> apps -> running. You need to double check with 3rd party app)

Now i am using Dolphin Mini. it's very light and way more stable than any other browser out there, including Dolphin HD itself (which btw sucks)
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Perhaps it's me but I've found Chrome over the last few updates looking buggy and slow compare dto the stock Android browser.
  • grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried FF, Chome and Opera, but always went back to the generic one. Not perfect, but less flawed than the others.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    +1 For Boat Browser, extremely good all round performance.
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maxthon
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firefox. The stock one is stupid & goes really dark on the s3 so you constantly have to turn up the brightness for some stupid reason.
  • scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firefox. The stock one is stupid & goes really dark on the s3 so you constantly have to turn up the brightness for some stupid reason.

Thats because your Power Saving is on. If you have Power Saving off it stays the same brightness as your homescreen.

:) Mark
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scooby1970 wrote: »
    Thats because your Power Saving is on. If you have Power Saving off it stays the same brightness as your homescreen.

:) Mark

Pahaha I've had the phone since september & that never dawned on me. What a fud :o
  • theAREtheARE Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dolphin Browser seems the best for me
  • cy_bonescy_bones Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On my Galaxy S I mostly use Opera Mobile and very occasionally the stock browser
    On my SIII I use Chrome and occasionally the stock browser
    On my Nexus 7 I mostly use Chrome, but switch to Firefox if I need Flash.
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You say to firefox if you need flash, but it doesnt support flash the Nexus 7,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Massive fan of Firefox on the desktop, but it doesn't cut it for me on the tablet or phone. They still haven't fixed the text/font sizing problem, and for some who uses forums a lot this is an issue for me. I don't like how they removed the quit button recently too. Don't like Chrome either for this reason.

To me, Opera is the most compelling mobile browser at the moment. I find it cleaner and easier to use, and more user friendly. If only it had an Adblocker, but on balance I'll take that over the other browsers' problems.
  • scruffpotscruffpot Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    one browser I am using at the min, and netfront access.. not too bad and reasonably fast can stream videos in the browser (most of the time)
    However i have discovered Hubi and https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.megadevs.hubi&hl=en combined with MX player.. very suefull indeed.
    Am running an android phone 2.3..
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use Chrome and Firefox if I need flash which is pretty rare.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our default chrome on both n7 and our s3 minis. To be honest havent tried others despite my love of ff on laptop.
  • MassiveDynamicsMassiveDynamics Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chrome even though it has got rather flaky recently. Sometimes use Firefox as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    I flit between the generic and opera.

Does anybody know how to view the ds forums in mobile.mode on opera? for me it always loads as the full web page.
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kal_El wrote: »
    Massive fan of Firefox on the desktop, but it doesn't cut it for me on the tablet or phone. They still haven't fixed the text/font sizing problem, and for some who uses forums a lot this is an issue for me. I don't like how they removed the quit button recently too. Don't like Chrome either for this reason.

To me, Opera is the most compelling mobile browser at the moment. I find it cleaner and easier to use, and more user friendly. If only it had an Adblocker, but on balance I'll take that over the other browsers' problems.

I use Opera on my phone,but it doesn't support flash so have to resort to stock browser for flash sites.
  • SebastianJackSebastianJack Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    On my Nexus 7, AOSP browser... Slick, smooth and fast... and supports Adobe Flash.

Personally, I wouldn't consider any other browser.

SebJ.
  • BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    I use Chrome and Firefox if I need flash which is pretty rare.

Me too. Used to use Opera but Chrome runs well on my Nexus 4 so no need for Opera.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chrome, the same on PC too, for the shared history.