All Star Season 15

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,988
Forum Member
According to Mario Lopez there is going to be an all star season of DWTS in the autumn.So what are your wishes for this season...apart from Watch getting their act together and showing it!

The ones I'd quite like to see doing it (although there would have to be considerable reworking of the pro partners)

Joey Fatone
Mario Lopez
Apollo
Gilles Marini
Evan Lysachek
JR Martinez
Carson Kressely(I know he's rubbish I just love him!)

Mel B
Brandy
Stacey Keibler
Kristi Yamaguchi
Jennifer Grey
Sabrina Bryan
Kelly Osbourne (again not up to the standard of the others but her dancing had such heart)

How about you?

Comments

• edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow I really dont know what to make of this but it is an interesting concept. I really think that if the concept works (which Im sure will happen) then strictly will consider to do something like that:)(And I have always wanted Strictly to do something similar)
    What I still dont understand about this is if the previous winners will take part?And I Dont think it will be fair.
    -Are they going to eliminate each stars considering that some of them will be considerably very good?
    What about some of the pros that have already been sacked(edyta/husband, Dmitry....)? Are they going to be back or reassign new pros?
    -Mark seemed really excited with this idea, dont know if Derek will though.
    -Are they going to pair Mario&Karina if he is back:eek::eek:?
    -I am so sick of hearing about Sabrina Bryan aka most shocking elimination ever:rolleyes: so I dont want her to be in that cast but it will probably happen.Nothing against the girl she is lovely.
    So many questions and yet few answers?
    One of the most interesting thing for me will be to see if some previous dancers have actually gotten worse overtime
    :eek::eek::D.

Mark who danced at the strictly tour this year really improved so Im excited to see some of the previous dancers who didnt fared well in the competition.

Oh and I want Lil Kim to be back and please, please paired her with Derek:)
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please not Kelly Osbourne. She really irritated me:o
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lol! She actually grew on me as the show went on. :)

I'm not sure what I think about an all stars season tbh :confused:. On the face of it, my reaction was, great, see some old faves and give the 'they woz robbed' celebs another crack of the whip (I'd like to see Maks dance with Mel again, for example), but I wonder about the reality of it. I think the producers will go for the more headline grabbing names rather than the best and I'm not sure 'going back' is really that great anyway. Part of the fun of the show is gradually getting to know the celebs and seeing how the relationships develop and when they come ready made, I think it's a different animal.

Much as I'd like to see some familiar faces back in the ballroom, I might prefer if they just did a normal series with an 'allstar/nostalgia' exhibition spot on the results show each week :p.

(I'll still watch it, though!)
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member

I didn't mind Kelly on the show, but I really haven't liked since she's been on the show. She's certainly Sharon's daughter!

At least Kelly was an OK dancer, unlike Bristol Palin. The thing that really irritated me about her was the fact that she was still moaning at the end about how unsexy she was and saying "I can't do this" about a million times per show. Why do the show in the first place if you're not prepared to give it a fair go? The whole thing was just a publicity stunt for her mum. I felt sorry for her in the beginning, but her true personality started to shine through in the end.

I do think it was unfair that Sabrina was eliminated so early. However, like Nicole, I think she struggled with the dances that weren't so "full on". Nicole's final Rumba was a great show of gymnastics, but there was no emotion or intimacy at all.

No contestant has been perfect. Kristi nailed the technique, but I remember Carrie Ann saying that she didn't feel much when Kristi danced - I was the same.

I'm not sure if the All Star season will work well either. It might actually ruin some good memories and a lot of people will bitch and moan about favouritism and scores etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    I didn't mind Kelly on the show, but I really haven't liked since she's been on the show. She's certainly Sharon's daughter!

At least Kelly was an OK dancer, unlike Bristol Palin. The thing that really irritated me about her was the fact that she was still moaning at the end about how unsexy she was and saying "I can't do this" about a million times per show. Why do the show in the first place if you're not prepared to give it a fair go? The whole thing was just a publicity stunt for her mum. I felt sorry for her in the beginning, but her true personality started to shine through in the end.

I do think it was unfair that Sabrina was eliminated so early. However, like Nicole, I think she struggled with the dances that weren't so "full on". Nicole's final Rumba was a great show of gymnastics, but there was no emotion or intimacy at all.

No contestant has been perfect. Kristi nailed the technique, but I remember Carrie Ann saying that she didn't feel much when Kristi danced - I was the same.

I'm not sure if the All Star season will work well either. It might actually ruin some good memories and a lot of people will bitch and moan about favouritism and scores etc.

BIB wow I really disagree with that but I guess we all see things differently :).
    I think that Derek was very clever by playing to her strengths like flexibility (like I saw a couple of yoga poses)and performance because there was a lot of emotion and romance in that dance imo; but he was once again very clever by hiding a lot of hip actions (first with the dress).I saw more hip actions in that dance with him rather than her anyway lol.
    Im actually sicked and tired of the whole "sabrina was robbed" :rolleyes:;Yes it wasnt fair but its a competition and at times some things are not fair.She wasnt as popular as the other contestants and she went home simple as that.Sometimes the best dancer dancer doesnt win:personality,performance... all come into play.
    Anyway I am pretty sure that she will be back same with Mel B.(she already tweeted Maks about it)
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    BIB wow I really disagree with that but I guess we all see things differently :).
    I think that Derek was very clever by playing to her strengths like flexibility (like I saw a couple of yoga poses)and performance because there was a lot of emotion and romance in that dance imo; but he was once again very clever by hiding a lot of hip actions (first with the dress).I saw more hip actions in that dance with him rather than her anyway lol.
    Im actually sicked and tired of the whole "sabrina was robbed" :rolleyes:;Yes it wasnt fair but its a competition and at times some things are not fair.She wasnt as popular as the other contestants and she went home simple as that.Sometimes the best dancer dancer doesnt win:personality,performance... all come into play.
    Anyway I am pretty sure that she will be back same with Mel B.(she already tweeted Maks about it)

I remember Nicole's first Rumba; the judges felt that she didn't feel comfortable doing the dance. I think she definitely felt more at home when she was doing the faster dances, even though she could still do the others. I did feel that some of her dancing lacked finesse at times - she lost some of the small details by overpowering moves in her jives etc. Don't hate me!

I know that Nicole had probably never done Ballroom before, but I did think it was unfair that she was a professional dancer. Sabrina and Nicole were definitely ringers IMO as they dance (as well as sing) for a living.
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went on the ABC website to see what the schedule was for this week and I noticed they have a section asking the fans to "cast" the all star season. They listed the categories, actors, singers, comedians, athletes, etc. I came away with the idea that they were going to pull from the different categories for casting. I thought it would just be the best dancers but perhaps it is the celebs that the public most wants to see dance again. Not sure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »
    I went on the ABC website to see what the schedule was for this week and I noticed they have a section asking the fans to "cast" the all star season. They listed the categories, actors, singers, comedians, athletes, etc. I came away with the idea that they were going to pull from the different categories for casting. I thought it would just be the best dancers but perhaps it is the celebs that the public most wants to see dance again. Not sure.

oh thats interesting and probably the best way to go since they really want to do something with the ratings;).
    Im going to go and take a look.
  • Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    I want Mel B to come back and dance with Maksim this season. Their partnership is the reason that I became a fan of DWTS in the first place.

I also think this season would be a great opportunity to get rid of the 3 Members of the Derek Hough fan club (The Judges) and replace them with unbiased judges.
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RadarOnline.com (May 23): "Kelly Osbourne, Bristol Palin, Melissa Rycroft, Gilles Marini, Kyle Massey, Chelsea Kane, Lance Bass and Mario Lopez have all been mentioned as next season's contestants, sources tell US Weekly..."

And both Maks Chmerkovskiy and Tristan MacManus have said things that imply they've been told the celebs will be paired with new pros. Here's a quote from Tristan:

"It is what it is. Some people on the show will always be associated with one particular partner, know what I mean? Whether you won it or whether you went first. I think that way, it gets troublin’ a bit as well, because people’ll come back and dance with someone else, and they’ll be dancing against that person they built that relationship with. There’s pros and cons to it all. Like I said, I don’t know too much about it."

I personally WANT new partners for all the pros. And if the list at the above turns out to be true, then both Bristol and Chelsea had Mark Ballas, and both Kyle and Lance had Lacey Schwimmer, so there would have to be some new pairings anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elsa wrote: »
    RadarOnline.com (May 23): "Kelly Osbourne, Bristol Palin, Melissa Rycroft, Gilles Marini, Kyle Massey, Chelsea Kane, Lance Bass and Mario Lopez have all been mentioned as next season's contestants, sources tell US Weekly..."

And both Maks Chmerkovskiy and Tristan MacManus have said things that imply they've been told the celebs will be paired with new pros. Here's a quote from Tristan:

"It is what it is. Some people on the show will always be associated with one particular partner, know what I mean? Whether you won it or whether you went first. I think that way, it gets troublin’ a bit as well, because people’ll come back and dance with someone else, and they’ll be dancing against that person they built that relationship with. There’s pros and cons to it all. Like I said, I don’t know too much about it."

I personally WANT new partners for all the pros. And if the list at the above turns out to be true, then both Bristol and Chelsea had Mark Ballas, and both Kyle and Lance had Lacey Schwimmer, so there would have to be some new pairings anyway.

What a boring list of celebs!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Wow I really dont know what to make of this but it is an interesting concept. I really think that if the concept works (which Im sure will happen) then strictly will consider to do something like that:)(And I have always wanted Strictly to do something similar)
    What I still dont understand about this is if the previous winners will take part?And I Dont think it will be fair.
    -Are they going to eliminate each stars considering that some of them will be considerably very good?
    What about some of the pros that have already been sacked(edyta/husband, Dmitry....)? Are they going to be back or reassign new pros?
    -Mark seemed really excited with this idea, dont know if Derek will though.
    -Are they going to pair Mario&Karina if he is back:eek::eek:?
    -I am so sick of hearing about Sabrina Bryan aka most shocking elimination ever:rolleyes: so I dont want her to be in that cast but it will probably happen.Nothing against the girl she is lovely.
    So many questions and yet few answers?
    One of the most interesting thing for me will be to see if some previous dancers have actually gotten worse overtime
    :eek::eek::D.

Mark who danced at the strictly tour this year really improved so Im excited to see some of the previous dancers who didnt fared well in the competition.

Oh and I want Lil Kim to be back and please, please paired her with Derek:)

I'd be very surprised if they invited Lil Kim back, because she was so bitter when she was eliminated that she had (or at least approved) every single one of her DWTS videos plastered with yellow tags saying (paraphrased), "DWTS is fixed. Please write ABC and complain."

Lil Kim had urged her followers to also vote for Ty Murray. So how could she complain when Ty got more votes than she did?

The Osmonds have also been mentioned as possible returnees.

Mario Lopez said his schedule might be too busy to fit it in. I'd like to see him, Stacy Keibler and a few others who were on before I started watching.

I agree with you about Sabrina Bryan. Maybe they could have one season with all "shocking eliminations:" Roshon, Brandy, Audrina Patridge, Sabrina Bryan, Shannen Doherty, Willa Ford.

Brandy outscored ONE person when she was eliminated
    Jaleel White outscored ONE person when he was eliminated
    Sherri Shepherd outscored ONE person when she was eliminated
    Chynna Phillips outscored ONE person when she was eliminated
    Shannon Elizabeth outscored ONE person when she was eliminated
    Jennie Garth outscored ONE person when she was eliminated
    Kenny Mayne outscored ONE person when he was eliminated

Sabrina Bryan outscored TWO others when she was eliminated
    Kim Kardashian outscored TWO others when she was eliminated
    Kendra Wilkinson outscored TWO others when she was eliminated
    Rick Fox outscored TWO others when he was eliminated
    Ted McGinley outscored TWO others when he was eliminated
    Toni Braxton outscored TWO others when she was eliminated
    Giselle Fernandez outscored TWO others when she was eliminated
    Rachel Hunter outscored TWO others when she was eliminated
    Trista Sutter outscored TWO others, including Season One winner Kelly Monaco, when she was eliminated the first week of the first season.
    Mario B outscored TWO others when he was eliminated.

Kristin Cavalleri outscored THREE others when she was eliminated
    Willa Ford outscored THREE others when she was eliminated
    Maria Menounos outscored THREE others when she was eliminated

Roshon Fagen outscored FOUR others when he was eliminated
    Elisabetta Canalis outscored FOUR others when she was eliminated.
    Shannen Doherty outscored FOUR others when she was eliminated

Paulina Porzikova outscored FIVE others when she was eliminated
    Audrina Patridge outscored FIVE others when she was eliminated

Of course, how many people can be shocked when they're asking, "Who?"