Snoring cat

CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is it just my Jess that snores? It's not all the time but it's just such a cute funny little noise when she does.

What does it mean? 0.0

Comments

• skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not just yours, Bookend snores like a human at times (well it seems that way) , Gizmo makes little noises .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    My Amber (13) snores like mad, really loudly - and often keeps me awake at night with it! In fact, I've had to resort to poking her to wake her up (only gently!), whereupon she'll let out a loud chirrup, look at me, then promptly go back into a ball and start snoozing again.
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Its not just yours, Bookend snores like a human at times (well it seems that way) , Gizmo makes little noises .

LOL a cat called Bookend, that's awesome.
    angiebroch wrote: »
    My Amber (13) snores like mad, really loudly - and often keeps me awake at night with it! In fact, I've had to resort to poking her to wake her up (only gently!), whereupon she'll let out a loud chirrup, look at me, then promptly go back into a ball and start snoozing again.

LOL I often think the noise is music coming from upstairs but it's actually her :/

I swear she farted once as well :eek:
  • misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have noticed of late the the Beast has been snoring.

We will be sitting in bed watching late night crap on TV, he will bash in to the room with a squeak to let us know he has arrived, push he way into a comfy spot and curl up.

It starts as a loud purr, then a wheeze, before we get the full on snoring situation.

The OH thinks it's because he is getting middle aged and fat (cheek of it)
  • georgetheaspiegeorgetheaspie Posts: 1,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it like this?
    :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgyWCqOdFm4

And yeah, cats do seem to snore. My Chloe (now deceased) always used to snore, especially into her old age. Noticeably, from my experience, it is the case with older cats. My new little gem, Sylvie, barely snores if at all. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it at all. I read something a while ago which claimed that humans who snore have a higher chance of getting some type of cancer, although as just about everything these days is reported to give cancer at one time or another, I'm not overly worried. The next time you take Jess to the vet, I would mention her snoring, though, just so that they know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of our three cats Alfie snores and as he sleeps on our bed he sometimes wakes me up but then I snore too.
  • Mitten KittenMitten Kitten Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just my Jess that snores? It's not all the time but it's just such a cute funny little noise when she does.

What does it mean? 0.0

Can you not sew a little ball in the back of her jim jams to make her turn over at night?:D

Mine does little piggy snorts, but thankfully not loud ones.
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cat, Marmalade snores really loudly. Which is kinda cute, I guess lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL no she does little squeaky type almost not snores snores not human type snores

ta for the replies all
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you not sew a little ball in the back of her jim jams to make her turn over at night?:D

Mine does little piggy snorts, but thankfully not loud ones.
    ahaha Jess sleeps naked though :(
  • Lily_MLily_M Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cat Blue snores - he is part Burmese and has narrower nostrils than my two moggies, so I've always assumed that was the reason he snores!
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    mine snores as well, it can be quite loud at times. She also wakes up meowing as if she is having a nightmare
  • nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mine snores too. Sometimes when she's laid across me on the sofa asleep she goes into a deep sleep, starts snoring, and then sometimes twitches, like she's dreaming.
  • Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ours snores and snuffles quite a bit. She often sleeps with her head resting on something and seems to do it less when she sleeps like this.