Had the most horrific day. Failed my driving theory test.

madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
Forum Member
Passmark was 43, I got 40!

I am so gutted because I was rather confident and took my time.

I tried to stay positive and as soon as I left I got on the phone to the DSA and booked another one as soon as possible.

Everything just went wrong from then on.

Went to board a bus, but I needed the exact change. Something I didn't know because I've never got a bus before. I went into the pub near the bus station and asked the lady for some change for a £10 note, but she said they don't do change. :confused:

I had to cross a busy island to go Burger King just so I could get some change for my bus, had to buy a Strawberry Milkshake.

I then had to wait half an hour because I'd missed the first bus.

Just one of those days, nothing has gone right!

I got evils from people on the bus for stomping my feet and then had a girl come sit next to me and eat Skips and an orange. Surely people can find better places to eat there lunch than on a bus and certainly not next to me.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I failed my theory test by 1 mark the first time I took it! Sorry to hear about the rest of your day, just get home and forget about it
  • MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You shouldn't need exact change, either the bus driver didn't have any (possibility, not many people pay cash these days) or was being an arse for no reason.

Sorry about your theory test :(
  • MacclesMaccles Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    You had a lucky escape. Car insurance for first time drivers is through the roof right now.
  • madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    kitty_koo wrote: »
    I failed my theory test by 1 mark the first time I took it! Sorry to hear about the rest of your day, just get home and forget about it

So gutting, sin't it?

I'm home now.

Just feels all not worth while. I was on the bus for over an hour.
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maccles wrote: »
    You had a lucky escape. Car insurance for first time drivers is through the roof right now.

The Op has booked another one so not really a lucky escape.
    Forum Member
    You shouldn't need exact change, either the bus driver didn't have any (possibility, not many people pay cash these days) or was being an arse for no reason.

Sorry about your theory test :(

Really?

I wasn't sure as I've never been on a bus on my own before.

Did seem silly he didn't have change for a £10 note.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry to hear this mads - must be so annoying to miss the pass by 3 points - never taken a theory test, they weren't around when I had my last driving test (I failed it) and gave up trying after that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I failed my driving test a few weeks ago because some white van man wouldn't let me past, instead he increased his speed and almost caused a collision. The examiner saw this as my fault and said I should have held back or increased my speed to get further away from the white van! Which is it then I asked him? Speed up or slow down? The whole process left me feeling like he wanted to fail me from the word go. Booked another test for a months time. I'm just going to drive as I did on my last test as I only got 2 minor points for observation when doing a turn in the road.

You will get there in the end but meanwhile we all have to suffer this odious, money milking process in the meantime. It's all about jumping through their hoops.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know what questions you got wrong?

I think the theory test pass only lasts for 2 years before it expires.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my other has failed the theory twice, she's passed the questions dead easy each time but failed the hazard perception, i'm convinced she is doing something fundamentally wrong with it or misunderstanding the instructions, as everyone i've spoken to says its fairly easy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    I failed my driving test a few weeks ago because some white van man wouldn't let me past, instead he increased his speed and almost caused a collision. The examiner saw this as my fault and said I should have held back or increased my speed to get further away from the white van! Which is it then I asked him? Speed up or slow down? The whole process left me feeling like he wanted to fail me from the word go. Booked another test for a months time. I'm just going to drive as I did on my last test as I only got 2 minor points for observation when doing a turn in the road.

You will get there in the end but meanwhile we all have to suffer this odious, money milking process in the meantime. It's all about jumping through their hoops.

There are total morons out there who see an L plate as an excuse to drive like a complete A hole. Whenever I see a L plate driver I always try to be as courteous as possible, for it may be their test day.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You've never got a bus before?
    Forum Member
    You've never got a bus before?

Only once from what I remember and that was all dressed up with mates for my 16th Birthday party.
  • MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fowl Fax wrote: »
    There are total morons out there who see an L plate as an excuse to drive like a complete A hole. Whenever I see a L plate driver I always try to be as courteous as possible, for it may be their test day.

Yep there is a test centre a mile from my house, on my route to work, so I see at least 3 learners every time I go out. I always drop back and give them plenty of space to do their thing, and try to smile if they look at me. It took me over 80 hours of learning before I took my test, and all that held me back was confidence. I felt like an inconvenience to other drivers the whole time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Scott_P wrote: »
    my other has failed the theory twice, she's passed the questions dead easy each time but failed the hazard perception, i'm convinced she is doing something fundamentally wrong with it or misunderstanding the instructions, as everyone i've spoken to says its fairly easy

I passed my theory first time 50/50 on the multiple choice and 61/75 for the hazard perception. The trick with the hazard perception is to click when you see the hazard first developing. rather than in the middle or at the end or as the car passes it. So as long as you click at the point where you, the driver would have to slow down or stop or change direction then it should be a pass.
    Those things are not easy though and I think, again that the entire process is set up to make more money out of people, rather than support them through learning quite a great life skill.
    Forum Member
    I don't know what questions I got wrong, it just says the area in which the questions were I got wrong.

The whole thing is utterly ridiculous if you ask me. One question was asking me what mirrors would be best for towing a caravan. WTF!!??

I don't want to tow a caravan and if I do then I'll find out then.
    Forum Member
    Ohhh, and I failed on the question:

What lane should you drive in a motorway, I said the middle.
  • charmingbillycharmingbilly Posts: 1,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear you failed - good luck for next time.

Oh and the bus driver was being an arse, refusing to give you change for a tenner. How much was the fare?

Did you enjoy your strawberry shake though?
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Most horrific? think how Gadaffi must have felt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    madlh100 wrote: »

I'm starting to understand why you failed .......
  • jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it was a bus service that needs the exact fare money, rather than one that gives change - if so the driver wasn't being awkward at all.
  • babinabababinaba Posts: 5,441
    Forum Member

why would you be driving in the middle lane??
    Forum Member
    Upanatem87 wrote: »
    I'm starting to understand why you failed .......

I always thought that on motorways you travel in the left lane if you're slow, middle for faster and right for extra fast. My mum says middle and right are for overtaking only.
    Sorry to hear you failed - good luck for next time.

Oh and the bus driver was being an arse, refusing to give you change for a tenner. How much was the fare?

Did you enjoy your strawberry shake though?

£1.60. Yeah it was nice, but I'm suppose to be on a diet but I needed some comfort from somewhere.
  • Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

From what i have seen on the motorway i would say that many qualified drivers believe that to be true.:D
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most horrific? think how Gadaffi must have felt.

Did he fail his theory test too?